Fianna Fail's Niall Collins in outrageous anti-Semitic trope

Clanrickard

Golah veNekhar

https://www.reddit.com/r/Palestine/comments/c679px
Just two links I googled. There are lots more. My point is it is untrue to say Israel received uncritical adulation in the US. It is criticised.
Three quarters of the story are left out by UK media, much more is by the US media.

Do you know that a third of indigenous Palestinians have been permanently handicapped for life because of the use of Zionist bullets designed to explode once they get inside the body? Think about that- one third. Can you imagine the out cry if the Brits had adopted such a policy during the Troubles? But because of people wanting to virtue signal against anti-Semitism in the West Zionism can continue with this.

kalipa

I don't remember their names FFS!
Why would you. You don't look on them as people anyway and you certainly don't have any interest in what they say. It might show what you've been ingesting for years have been lies

Last edited:

kalipa

Wow.

Young Niall would have been a poster boy in 1930s Germany.
That is libelous and hysterical nonsense.
I hope you get sued, it might teach you not to make ridiculous smears against people you disagree with.

I am not FF but I disagree with this constant portrayal of even the tiniest criticism of Israel as Nazi-like and anti semitism.
You and the other paid loons are only serving to turn more people against Israel.
The other clown, and a couple of his mates, who admitted he wallows in the deaths of civilians in Palestine is one of the reasons that I wholeheartedly support the Palestinians.

Last edited:

Ardillaun

People criticise Israel all the time. Alec Jones, The Young Turks, Bill Maher has had Palestinian advocates on his programme many times. Reps of the PA have been on CNN and MSNBC.
Random ‘people’ can still speak on the topic but US politicians know they’ll face a backlash if they criticize Israel these days. The more senior they get, the quieter they become. For example, Ron Paul was one of the few presidential hopefuls who has ever mentioned her nukes. I don’t recall any of them touching Milchan’s smuggling of krytrons from the US, Netanyahu’s alleged involvement in that crime or his subsequent successful lobbying to get Milchan’s US visa extended. Milchan’s decades of spying, when mentioned at all, are portrayed as some sort of rascally prank now. Who has discussed recent articles by Adam Entous in the New Yorker about letters US presidents have signed promising not to raise the topic of Israel’s nukes?

Alex Jones is a certifiable maniac.

Bill Maher? Not a great example to pick. On many issues he has become a reactionary old man. Defending some dog whistle election remarks about Arabs by Netanyahu from a few years ago, he considered Israeli Arabs fortunate to be able to vote in their own country. He also allowed philosopher Sam Harris (who knows better) to talk about Palestine as a problem of Muslim extremism without mentioning the small matter of disputed land.

I do agree that Jewish opinion is highly diverse and should not be lumped together. The candidate I would trust the most to look out for US interests with Israel would be Bernie Sanders.

Last edited:

Golah veNekhar

I do agree that Jewish opinion is highly diverse and should not be lumped together. The candidate I would trust the most to look out for US interests with Israel would be Bernie Sanders.
Once upon a time that was true however it is so no longer. They are always moaning about this fact in Tikkun and other Jewish magazines like it. There is even quite a brilliant book on this subject called "The end of Jewish modernity" which I would recommend.

The End of Jewish Modernity: Enzo Traverso, David Fernbach: 9780745336664: Amazon.com: Books

Dame_Enda

If you want to see how right Collins was, note the deafening silence from CNN today about the demolition of 70 Palestinian homes in Area A of the West Bank.

mangaire2

Ok if someone says Jews are.......or Blacks are .......labeling them all as a homogeneous group you don't have a problem with that? have I that right for starters?
you labelled what you quoted Collins as having said, as "anti-Semitic".
& he didn't label 'all Jews' as anything.
you called posters on this thread anti-Semitic ,& the posters in question didn't label 'all Jews' as anything either.
you've been extremely arrogant in your responses to posters,

"have I that right for starters? - you ask.
you should need no one to tell you the answer, which is, of course -
NO, you haven't.

you're a bigoted Ziononazi.
&you act here, as if you're the Zionist Dr. Gobbles of P.ie

Buchaill Dana

That is libelous and hysterical nonsense.
I hope you get sued, it might teach you not to make ridiculous smears against people you disagree with.

I am not FF but I disagree with this constant betrayed of even the tiniest criticism of Israel as Nazi-like and anti semitism.
You and the other paid loons are only serving to turn more people against Israel.
The other clown, and a couple of his mates, who admitted he wallows in the deaths of civilians in Palestine is one of the reasons that I wholeheartedly support the Palestinians.
Its Tadger. This character started out pro Palestinian but didn't get a reaction. So he is doing this. Ignore it

Golah veNekhar

Its Tadger. This character started out pro Palestinian but didn't get a reaction. So he is doing this. Ignore it
There is no way he is Tadgh you mad yoke.

Watcher2

Is it so huge and right across all of America that Palestinian concerns can't be discussed ? Is there anywhere on earth that gets more attention that Israel - Palestine ? Is there a huge Jewish lobby in Montana ? The man's a dick coming out with crap like this on Pakistani TV.
Meh, he's a politician. Are you surprised?

gerardlinehan

I have watched the Irish main stream media over the last week waiting, hoping that one would pick up on Niall Collins TD Antisemitic statement “I wouldn’t entirely blame the Trump administration either in terms of when we’re apportioning blame to the United States, because right across right across corporate America and right across America I think at every level there’s a huge Jewish lobby who have helped to create the problem that we’re now discussing.” What has happened to the Irish voice of reason and justice, have we moved so far into the pit of Antisemitism that we allow one of our politicians flaunt his hate for Jews. Has Michael Martin lost all control of the Fianna Fail Party surely there is accountability to the leadership or does Martin endorse Collins hateful views. We now need open and honest discussion regarding the rising level of Antisemitism in Ireland. The German Parliament became the first in the European Union to pass a resolution that designates the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions, or B.D.S., movement against Israel as anti-Semitic. Again Irish main stream media opted to also pass on this. Let us as a nation stand together and condemn Antisemitism in all its evil forms.

Dame_Enda

I have watched the Irish main stream media over the last week waiting, hoping that one would pick up on Niall Collins TD Antisemitic statement “I wouldn’t entirely blame the Trump administration either in terms of when we’re apportioning blame to the United States, because right across right across corporate America and right across America I think at every level there’s a huge Jewish lobby who have helped to create the problem that we’re now discussing.” What has happened to the Irish voice of reason and justice, have we moved so far into the pit of Antisemitism that we allow one of our politicians flaunt his hate for Jews. Has Michael Martin lost all control of the Fianna Fail Party surely there is accountability to the leadership or does Martin endorse Collins hateful views. We now need open and honest discussion regarding the rising level of Antisemitism in Ireland. The German Parliament became the first in the European Union to pass a resolution that designates the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions, or B.D.S., movement against Israel as anti-Semitic. Again Irish main stream media opted to also pass on this. Let us as a nation stand together and condemn Antisemitism in all its evil forms.
What has happened is that we know colonialism when we see it. And we know smears against independence fighters in Palestine when we see it. We know what its like when a colonial power calls independence fighters "terrorists", while committing attrocities itself. And we also remember when another US president (Woodrow Wilson) turned us away at the Versailles Peace Conference just as Palestine's cause is snubbed by nearly every US president. And we know that the Jewish lobby does exist, just as the China lobby, the Irish lobby, the Cuban lobby, and the Saudi lobby exist. But we also know that the Lobby largely represents the wealthier Jews with investments in the settlements, and is not representative of all Jews.

Ardillaun

Any party's spokesperson on foreign affairs should be a bit more informed about the nuances of language than Collins seems to be, especially on issues to do with Israel. Canada had the right approach pre-Harper - our senior politicians rarely said anything specific on the matter and our PM Jean Chrétien, one of the most effective we’ve ever had, went one better, being incomprehensible on virtually everything in both national languages. He made reassuring noises, kept spending down, avoided the Iraq War and that was enough.

yanshuf

What has happened is that we know colonialism when we see it. And we know smears against independence fighters in Palestine when we see it. We know what its like when a colonial power calls independence fighters "terrorists", while committing attrocities itself. And we also remember when another US president (Woodrow Wilson) turned us away at the Versailles Peace Conference just as Palestine's cause is snubbed by nearly every US president. And we know that the Jewish lobby does exist, just as the China lobby, the Irish lobby, the Cuban lobby, and the Saudi lobby exist. But we also know that the Lobby largely represents the wealthier Jews with investments in the settlements, and is not representative of all Jews.
What has happened is that antisemites have today more platforms to spread their lies about Israel and their rants, and those platforms make them more available, they are heard more and more, ans some people fall for them.

The admin. should reconsider allowing such hate filled posters like dame enda to post his violent posts here.

kalipa

You should post more often...........

Buchaill Dana

Oh look, another dormont pro Israel poster.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies