Fiche Bliain ag Fás - TG4 celebrates its twentieth birthday

Cellachán Chaisil

20 years ago tonight TG4, then TnaG, was first broadcast. Despite facing not insignificant opposition when first launched, a poll by tuairisc.ie shows only 8% reject the opinion that that TG4 is an important element of Irish life and a clear majority say that it has been worth the money.

TG4@20: Tacaíocht fhorleathan do TG4 20 bliain i ndiaidh a bhunaithe de réir pobalbhreith nua | Tuairisc.ie

TG4 has a special schedule on tonight to celebrate its important anniversary.

Go maire sé céad.

Last edited:

Cellachán Chaisil

Tá sé ráite a'at.

PeaceGoalie

Good thread title, good channel, good book

tsarbomb

They do great documentaries.

Hope the next twenty years are as good.

ergo2

Go n-éirígh an bóthar le TG4 ar feadh céad bliain eile ar a laighead

Last edited:

Breanainn

Very impressed with the live programme - great speech from Michael D, and getting RnaG involved with live link-ups from across the Gaeltachts, interesting potential if they were under the same management! Expect the next twenty years will be about developing their online platforms for mobile devices, as the box loses its dominance.

Cellachán Chaisil

That was very enjoyable I must say. Particularly liked Póilíní Ghaeilge Chonamara.

cricket

The perils of live broadcasting were evident last night with the Peadar Ó Riada concert from Killarney.
There was a young choir behind him, many of them looking distinctly bored and fidgety while they waited to come into a piece the musicians were playing. Then, out of the blue, one of the youngest of all gave one unmerciful yawn right on camera.

Great concert by the way.

SeanieFitz

I have my reservations regarding the value for money aspect in respect of protecting/promoting the Irish language. I have a particular issue with the costs associated with translating documents into Irish and the demand/need for same.

however I believe TG4 is money very well spent and encourages the use of the Irish language, congrats all round

O

Oscurito

Anocht - ag a leathuair tar éis a naoi (9:30pm) - ar TG4.

[video=youtube;xZTfLCMhtyI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZTfLCMhtyI[/video]

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Tá sé go an-mhaith cinnté. Best Irish history programs by far, makes a great change for those of us who grew up in the Sticky (Workers Party) and West Brits era of taking over RTE from the 1970's on when every Irish nationalist leader was made to look like a member of the Ku Klux Klan or something. And the best series on it - Seachtar na Cásca

[video=youtube;UFsSgPw-svE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFsSgPw-svE[/video]

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies