• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Fidelma Healy Eames fined €1,850 - time for FG to kick her out?

Grey Area

R3volution_R3ady

Hopefully they pack their own bags along with her.

ygargarin

Hopefully they pack their own bags along with her.
It's starting to be a little boring now.

Many politicians seem to be corrupt. Some are thieves in their personal lives and most connive with theft from the citizen on a grand scale. Some do both.

Mushroom

Does she also automatically incur penalty points for each offence? If so, she must be approaching a ban.

Tea Party Patriot

Does she also automatically incur penalty points for each offence? If so, she must be approaching a ban.
As penalty points were brought in for road safety purposes they should not be misused for non payment of road tax which does not endanger anyone on the road. This would be akin to revenue misusing the CAB legislation which was brought in to catch drug dealers not tax evaders.

hiding behind a poster

It's starting to be a little boring now.

Many politicians seem to be corrupt. Some are thieves in their personal lives and most connive with theft from the citizen on a grand scale. Some do both.
Are you accusing Fidelma Healy-Eames of any of those? Because your statement is very broad and sweeping.

gijoe

FG suddenly cannot start booting out Senators with the governments majority now down to pretty non-existent thanks to their putting a load of whimps in as 'Independent' Senators. FG are stuck with FHE.

cricket

Is there another country where this would be tolerated from a public rep ?

hiding behind a poster

Its not being tolerated, though. She was fined €1,850. What would you have preferred?

hellsbells

Trough dwellers dont do resignations .

Teabag

Yes FG should dump her. As a Galway West consituent she is a complete embarassment. She made a show of herself at the Leisureland count at the last election shouting "thats my seat!" and screaming for more recounts when Sean Kyne won. Most people were delighted though.

Mushroom

As penalty points were brought in for road safety purposes they should not be misused for non payment of road tax which does not endanger anyone on the road.
Fair enough. Your reply drove me to visit the RSA website, where I discovered that there are no penalty points for driving an untaxed vehicle, however driving without insurance will earn one 5 penalty points.

Mushroom

Ah stop HBAP, why must you defend her? Do you not think it's time to kick her out?
I'll agree, but only if you agree that all TDs who haven't paid the Household Charge should also be kicked out.

bob3367

Actually most western countries....

Whilst myself and Fidelma might not share the same political philosophy, when we lived in Oranmore, she was the only one who called to get us on the electoral register.....

I still have a little respect for her for that, cant understand why she acts so silly sometimes...

Finally she is not TD material either.

Grey Area

"A charge of false declaration against Ms Healy Eames was later withdrawn by the State.

Judge Fahy described the case as "unprecedented" adding; "A declaration was made to say the car was off the road but the car was not off the road. However, the State has withdrawn that charge which in my view was the most serious charge."

Why was this charge dropped?

Grey Area

Fair enough. Your reply drove me to visit the RSA website, where I discovered that there are no penalty points for driving an untaxed vehicle, however driving without insurance will earn one 5 penalty points.
She has at least two penalty points for using her mobile phone while driving.

bob3367

oggy

FF are top of the hit list when it comes to political vitriol but as a FF member I am pleased to say despite our reputation we are only trotting after FG.