• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Film about Corrib gas line: The Pipe: Irish premiere

truthforsooth

The documentary film The Pipe is having its Irish premiere at the Galway Film Fleadh, Town Hall Theatre on July 8th at 7pm.

This film is about the controversy surrounding the Corrib gas project, which to my mind is one of Ireland's most important social, economic and environmental issues at the moment, and in recent history.
For those who are interested in finding out more, please try to see this film sometime. There are those who will tell you not to bother, but please just try to get an idea for yourself of what's going on there in Mayo.

Sync

I don't think anyone's going say not to bother, it might be an interesting watch. One small point though.

It's a little difficult to claim that
"The Pipe is a story of a community tragically divided, and how they deal with a pipe that could bring economic prosperity or destruction of a way of life shared for generations."
If they're only featuring one side of that divided community's story
Characters | The Pipe

Own Arris

Here's the link to the film website

| The Pipe

goatstoe

The documentary film The Pipe is having its Irish premiere at the Galway Film Fleadh, Town Hall Theatre on July 8th at 7pm.

This film is about the controversy surrounding the Corrib gas project, which to my mind is one of Ireland's most important social, economic and environmental issues at the moment, and in recent history.
For those who are interested in finding out more, please try to see this film sometime. There are those who will tell you not to bother, but please just try to get an idea for yourself of what's going on there in Mayo.
Will have a look at that as soon as I get a chance. I'm sure it will be an improvement on the hatchet job so-called documentary, that Gerry Gregg made on the Corrib Gas issue that was presented by Paul Williams.

truthforsooth

I don't think anyone's going say not to bother, it might be an interesting watch.
I didn't mean to suggest that anyone would say it's not worth the bother, but there are those out there, and in here, who are happy if not too many people try to find out about the issues involved in the Corrib dispute, and who might try to discourage others from watching the film.

Podolski1.5

have to say I'm a bit suspicious. RTÉ covered it tonight. Given that their coverage of the dispute over the last few years has been totally biased in favour of Shell I'd have my doubts, but prepared to give it a look.

F.U.B.A.R

Talk about injustice!!! I can say with confidence, if the babies had to be raped (hypothetically), in order for this to go ahead, rest assured the gardai would carry out such orders. Absolutely despicable stuff going on over there. As usual, our government have made a complete pigs ear of this. They had more money than sense when all the cash rolled in from property, and we had near zero unemployment, thats when shell made their move. They have got our national treasure at a fraction of what its worth, and are now in the process of ignoring peoples rights and trying to barge their way through with this thing. The laws these whores are breaking, and to be assisted by THE LAW!!! FFS. Big money versus little people.... there is normally only one winner. Shame on this government, shame on shell, shame on the rest of us that sit by and do nothing. :mad:

PAD1OH

Talk about injustice!!! I can say with confidence, if the babies had to be raped (hypothetically), in order for this to go ahead, rest assured the gardai would carry out such orders.
cops hypothetically raping kids?

em. what?

slippy wicket

Talk about injustice!!! I can say with confidence, if the babies had to be raped (hypothetically), in order for this to go ahead, rest assured the gardai would carry out such orders. Absolutely despicable stuff going on over there. As usual, our government have made a complete pigs ear of this. They had more money than sense when all the cash rolled in from property, and we had near zero unemployment, thats when shell made their move. They have got our national treasure at a fraction of what its worth, and are now in the process of ignoring peoples rights and trying to barge their way through with this thing. The laws these whores are breaking, and to be assisted by THE LAW!!! FFS. Big money versus little people.... there is normally only one winner. Shame on this government, shame on shell, shame on the rest of us that sit by and do nothing. :mad:
I take it you are not a fan then.
Look, the crusties lost and the rest of the country regards the 'locals' that are against this little more than degenerate luddite backwoodsmen who are incapable of seeing the big picture.

inchicore_republican

Look, the crusties lost and the rest of the country regards the 'locals' that are against this little more than degenerate luddite backwoodsmen who are incapable of seeing the big picture.
The big picture is while our country is on its knees economically Shell are getting billions worth of Gas in return for a couple of hundred of short term jobs.

F.U.B.A.R

cops hypothetically raping kids?

em. what?
Another hysterical biatch. It means the cops have orders,there is too much money at stake. Move the "legitimate" protesters NO MATTER WHAT. But you knew thats what i meant... ya blouse.

F.U.B.A.R

The big picture is we the nation have been mugged AGAIN by fianna fail.

slippy wicket

The big picture is while our country is on its knees economically Shell are getting billions worth of Gas in return for a couple of hundred of short term jobs.
i wont disagree with you about the contract, but it is not shells fault that ff bent the country over so that they could have a good ride.

GDPR

If your man Corduff had his way they'd be rolling back electricity.

Complete nuts, the lot of them.

inchicore_republican

i wont disagree with you about the contract, but it is not shells fault that ff bent the country over so that they could have a good ride.
Yes but Shell are being helped by our state in breaking laws to make sure their work is done. The bankers are walking around freely but there are people in prison for pulling down a fence which was on public land.

F.U.B.A.R

I hear ya slippy, two points..... we shudda got alot more value for money, and more money should be spent helping the effected families and fishermen.

GDPR

I hear ya slippy, two points..... we shudda got alot more value for money, and more money should be spent helping the effected families and fishermen.
When should we have organised the better value for money, before or after they found the gas?

F.U.B.A.R

Lots of these available, twud make your blood boil..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHvtty3ELNY]YouTube - Shell to Hell[/ame]

inchicore_republican

When should we have organised the better value for money, before or after they found the gas?
In all fairness you are the last person who should be talking about value for money with your support for the money burning organisation known as NAMA.