''Final Days of the Flynnasty''

Trojanhorse

The Indo today has a story covering the ousting of the Flynns from FF politics in Mayo....It appears to be a real eminem ''cleaning out my closet'' job by FF, effectively isolating the Flynns from political life.

But the question is will FF win this one OR will it backfire terribly??

The Flynns have alot of support in Mayo and they will stick their heels in. A potentially messy situation for FF, who could lose crediblity either way.

The problem for Fianna Fail is that Beverly Flynn remains an active and potent political force in Mayo. She fully intends to hold her seat at the next general election. If she does, it will be at Fianna Fail's expense.

http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/ ... e_id=12415

Harpey

I have to say that I got quite a chuckle when I was watching Oireachtas Report to find Ms. Flynn addressed as 'Independant' during the debate and arguement on the fate of the Mayo fellows jailed for criminal breach of a court order.

smiffy

Website
cedarlounge.wordpress.com
Harpey said:
I have to say that I got quite a chuckle when I was watching Oireachtas Report to find Ms. Flynn addressed as 'Independant' during the debate and arguement on the fate of the Mayo fellows jailed for criminal breach of a court order.
Do you find the description of Michael Lowry as "Independent" equally amusing?

TheChief

seemingly RTE are pursuing Bev for every penny of the Zillions racked up in legal bills in the case against Bird.
They're basing this on the fact that tax-payers money is at stake, and can't afford to fool around.
(RTE showing concern for tax-payers money?! How heart-warming!)

Bev offered to hand over her house in part payment, but they told her where to shove it.

I would have thought that either her daddy or her new sugar-daddy would have bailed her out by now ??

TheBanned

TheChief said:
seemingly RTE are pursuing Bev for every penny of the Zillions racked up in legal bills in the case against Bird.
They're basing this on the fact that tax-payers money is at stake, and can't afford to fool around.

Bev offered to hand over her house in part payment, but they told her where to shove it.

I would have thought that either her daddy or her new sugar-daddy would have bailed her out by now ??
BF has a neck like a heifer and will try every stunt to avoid paying her dues.
Sugar daddy will bail her out if push comes to shove.

aodh_rua

Website
drtod.wordpress.com
TheChief said:

Might get FF off the hook if Bev is declared bankrupt and can't run - and you know how the banks like to help the party.

BarryW

aodh_rua said:
Might get FF off the hook if Bev is declared bankrupt and can't run - and you know how the banks like to help the party.
Interestingly, if she's declared bankrupt she'll be thrown out of the Dáil

Jim84

BarryW said:
Is there some Law that says TD's must have sound finical records? :?

Arnó

Jim84 said:
BarryW said:
Is there some Law that says TD's must have sound finical records? :?

Yes there is a law that states a td must not be bankrupt. She would be forced to give up her seat.

But if she doesn't become bankrupt she will retain her seat. Just like Lowry when people feel the establishment is against you they vote for you. Unless they field a very strong canditate.

Terry Mac

Hopefully the people of Mayo will only elect at most 1 independant TD. Get rid of the bloody independants i hope. Single issue, stand for nothin, nobodies, can oppose anything that mite be unpopular. Who is the independant that annoys you the most? For me it has to be Marian Harkin.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Are the Flynns still members of the soldiers of cronyism, corruption and incompetence ?

I believe that Fine Fail hero Padraig is a Minister Of The Sacrament these days. It's no wonder the numbers are falling away from the church these days !!!

NYCKY

The FF Ard Fheis has lots of posters riled up today with all these old FF threads getting bumped.

Was the Ard Fheis really successful or just really scary?

jo9jo

The FF Ard Fheis has lots of posters riled up today with all these old FF threads getting bumped.

Was the Ard Fheis really successful or just really scary?
The Ard Fheis was a tremendous success.
Endof.

west'sawake

Had a conversation with a very capable guy and friend who was considering joining FF, thinking the present lot have been worse. After the Ard Fheis though he has changed his mind. All bluff and bluster, no real humility, no actual policies, only opportunism and expediency.

Boy M5

Hopefully the people of Mayo will only elect at most 1 independant TD. Get rid of the bloody independants i hope. Single issue, stand for nothin, nobodies, can oppose anything that mite be unpopular. Who is the independant that annoys you the most? For me it has to be Marian Harkin.
Nonsense. Arrant nonsense, we need a Dáil full of independents, who can focus on the national interest and also represent their constituents. A Dáil full of Stephen Donnelly's; not mediocrities like Kenny, amnesiacs like Martin, or upholstered former Stalinists like Gilmore.
We have too many political hacks and neverhasbeens, who are just lobby / tally fodder who help the political machines stay in place.
The Flynns are appalling. Look at their track record.

They aren't independents. They have a political machine which was under the FF franchise; now it has no party banner.

IvoShandor

Twitter
yes
The Flynns have alot of support in Mayo and they will stick their heels in. A potentially messy situation for FF, who could lose crediblity either way.
:D:D:D:D

Lets hope this "dynasty" goes the way of the Bourbons and Romanovs. Although the guillotine might bounce off their hard necks.

Last edited:

commonman

She should be in jail with her oldboy and a lot more of them FF fucckers.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies