Financial implications of the FF meltdown.

Holy Cow

Looks likes its getting pretty certain that FF are going to get what they deserve for surrendering our sovereignty.

FF have a large HQ in central Dublin, which no doubt costs lot of money to run. Seeing as a lot of party funding is based on the number of Dail seats, its safe to assume that the funding coming to FF from central government is going to be very much reduced.

FF's normal channels of corporate donations will be reduced as a party with few seats they cannot promise many favours.

Not unlike the death spin FF have thrown the economy into, their own party is about to hit the same financial death spin. They will have to lay off staffers from the HQ. Does such a small party need such a large HQ?

The FF network needs cash and a lot of cash to keep it running, once power and any hope of getting power is gone, then the cash will be gone.

No cash means no FF.

Freedom front

May I suggest they make an appointment with MAB's , contact all their creditor's and make arrangements to pay what they can afford.

If they are unable to meet Mortgage repayments on their FF HO, It is probably best to agree with the banks to go onto interest only payments.

I love it Fianna Fail in debt, in debt , is dead , is dead

Holy Cow

Do FF own their HQ outright? No doubt it might have been "donated" by some builder?

dent

Looks likes its getting pretty certain that FF are going to get what they deserve for surrendering our sovereignty.

FF have a large HQ in central Dublin, which no doubt costs lot of money to run. Seeing as a lot of party funding is based on the number of Dail seats, its safe to assume that the funding coming to FF from central government is going to be very much reduced.

FF's normal channels of corporate donations will be reduced as a party with few seats they cannot promise many favours.

Not unlike the death spin FF have thrown the economy into, their own party is about to hit the same financial death spin. They will have to lay off staffers from the HQ. Does such a small party need such a large HQ?

The FF network needs cash and a lot of cash to keep it running, once power and any hope of getting power is gone, then the cash will be gone.

No cash means no FF.
Spare a thought for Sailor and Odie1kanobe if that happens...... :D

Alexis Colby

@Holy Cow
i stated these facts on another thread
the lack of 1st pref votes won't kill FF
the lack of CASH will

if they get 30-40 seats they will lose 50% of their income
they are already deeply in debt from the last elections
the 2 lisbon treaties used lots of money

they have major fund raising issues
(i was recently asked for a 'contribution'; for them to ask, me showed their desperation)
the recently cancelled Cairde dinner hurt
2 years without a galway tent
builders and developers and banks all gone

this coming election will be fought on a shoestring
i wonder what will be left for Bertie's run for the Aras
he made need another whip round

hammer

Fianna FAIL have funds well hidden :)

They will always have supporters. Why else were they appointed to quangos ?

collina

Do FF own their HQ outright? No doubt it might have been "donated" by some builder?
Like its current occupiers, the building will most likely be in Tory hands soon anyway a they'll need there own regional office.

dent

@Holy Cow
the lack of CASH will

(i was recently asked for a 'contribution'; for them to ask, me showed their desperation)

Maybe Fianna Fail could go into examinership and burn their bondholders ? :rolleyes:

Mushroom

Maybe they'll finally go after Pee Flynn for that £50,000 that he trousered.

And Rambo Burke has often claimed to have a slush fund for the use of FF in the Dublin North Constituency.

Fianna Fail in Dublin Central has access to substantial funds in a number of accounts under the "Saint Lukes/Cayman Islands/Dat's not my money/I won it on de nags" monikers.

I'm sure that Frank Dunlop will make the full details of his list of 'political donations given' - already provided to the Flood/Mahon Tribunal - available to FF HQ for an appropriate consideration.

JPFGFan

FF HQ is rented as far as I am aware. So if needs change they can always move to better suited accomodation.

anfieldabff

@Holy Cow
the lack of CASH will

Maybe their remaining TD's will donate a portion of their salaries to the party, just like Joe Higgins and the shinners. It would really be profound after Bertie calling Joe Higgins a failed politician.

lying eyes

Senior Bond Holders will give FF all the cash that they want { A Bonus for doing a great Job for them }

dent

FF HQ is rented as far as I am aware. So if needs change they can always move to better suited accomodation.
A cardboard box ?

devnull

MPB

Don,t worry they have spent decades elevating party hacks to important positions in the public, semi state and private sectors.

Job of opposition now is to dismantle all the positions of patronage and stop the handing out of public contracts to preferred FF donors.

Start with the top levels of the civil service and work your way back.

TonyB

Twitter
technopolitics
I dunno goys. They're going to be in trouble because they don't have the funds from the publicans, or the developers, or the bankers. And the few who have money, who might be tempted to give them some? Well, who wants to back a loser. Everyone knows they're going to be losers. They smell like losers. That's going to have a serious effect. Then, once they get hammered in the election itself, they need to rebuild their organisation against a far lower fundraising base.

dalywise

Exactly. And that's why the new government must root out all appointmenst made to state boards, quangos and the whole lot over the past 13 years. These people by definition are Fianna Failers and therefore by definition self-serving scum bags. Society must be de-FiannaFailised and it must start with the state boards and quangos.

New Threads

Most Replies