FInancial Markets are Opening - Reaction to the Act of Treason

Cassandra Syndrome

Forex markets opened at 9pm

The fanatical Eurotron traitors around here will be delighted to know that the Euro surged at the start, up 0.70c against the Dollar after the apes press conference.

Its now up 0.50c at 1.3721
Against Sterling 0.8588 up 0.27p

The Futures markets including some of the commodities open at 11pm

subic

The Eurotrons have been in their bunkers for the past couple of weeks.

Cute Coors

Without the terms of the bail out being announced, it is difficult to say whether the bank shares will have a surge in the morning

Cato

Without the terms of the bail out being announced, it is difficult to say whether the bank shares will have a surge in the morning
A lot of (unsubstantiated) comment on other websites that the banks may not open tomorrow. Does anyone have any information on this? Seems unlikely to me.

nuj

The fanatical Eurotron traitors around here will be delighted to know that the Euro surged at the start, up 0.70c against the Dollar after the apes press conference.

Ah jayzis CS, it's been up and down like a yo-yo for the last ages. Your anger's more understandable than your post.

Rationally, this is bad news for the euro, I'd have thought. Watch Portuguese and Spanish debt yields over the next few week, they'll be far more important than skinny volume far-East currency traders instant reactions. If their yields head north then, long run, either the euro is toast, or the EU has to sanction QE. Then you'll see the European bloc abandon its BuBa hardline legacy (and Germany starts muttering about leaving).

MPB

Anybody that thinks the Euro will survive this ruse is an idiot.

Saving German, French and British Banks is all that matters to the real heart of Europe now.

The method for doing this is to make the debts of the peripherals sovereign. The only sureity of this method is that we will now have multiple sovereign defaults as opposed to Bank collapse.

The end result will now be worse.

That is what happens when you leave decision making up to professional politicians.

cjudge

Saving German, French and British Banks is all that matters to the real heart of Europe now.

The method for doing this is to make the debts of the peripherals sovereign. The only sureity of this method is that we will now have multiple sovereign defaults as opposed to Bank collapse.

That is what happens when you leave decision making up to professional politicians.
Glad to see someone's watching the trend......

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

+1

Frankie Lee

I cannot understand why the Euro is still so strong, it is doomed to failure eventually surely?

Cato

I cannot understand why the Euro is still so strong, it is doomed to failure eventually surely?
It is a bit of a mystery all right. Portugal is next, followed by Spain, which will bring Italy with it. After that...

Eire1976

Remember that all this is about is someone somewhere making money.

Somebody profited from ruining Ireland.

Find them and eliminate

MuchToDo

Maybe because the actions of the UK and US governments at present provide a better argument for the dollar or sterling being doomed to failure.

Meanwhile despite the crisis here, the actions taken to counter it show determination to make sure the Euro doesn't fail!

dakid

A lot of (unsubstantiated) comment on other websites that the banks may not open tomorrow. Does anyone have any information on this? Seems unlikely to me.
They will open tomorrow, the Sun Will Rise, you Will be taxed.

olamp

Ah jayzis CS, it's been up and down like a yo-yo for the last ages. Your anger's more understandable than your post.

Rationally, this is bad news for the euro, I'd have thought. Watch Portuguese and Spanish debt yields over the next few week, they'll be far more important than skinny volume far-East currency traders instant reactions. If their yields head north then, long run, either the euro is toast, or the EU has to sanction QE. Then you'll see the European bloc abandon its BuBa hardline legacy (and Germany starts muttering about leaving).
The `barrow boy `lemmings that are the markets will ,no doubt ,now turn their attentions to Portugal or Spain and destroy them also.

theghost

The `barrow boy `lemmings that are the markets will ,no doubt ,now turn their attentions to Portugal or Spain and destroy them also.
Even an economic illiterate like myself could see that was going to happen. Looks to me like Greece and ourselves are going to be founding members of an ever-expanding club of European countries having to be bailed out by the IMF and EU

maxthedog

You do realise that British Banks are sterling, not Euro.

JCR

CS, I know you know your stuff on the technicalities of the markets. However, the markets are not sane and you know it so why do you think looking at what they do should inform what we do next? The financial markets as you know are lemmings ruled by greed and panic. The financial 'markets' in actual fact as you probably know are idiot kids playing with computers trying to make as big a bonus as they can by selling bullsh*t to make their employers as rich as possible. These people in reality are idiots, the 'news' has become dominated by what these stupid people do at 'work'. What needs to happen is governments across the board saying stop. You probably dont agree but iits a long time since I took these half wits seriously, the financial 'markets' as they currently stand need to be cut out of real economics and real governence because they are not sane economic mechanisms anymore.

Nonsence & lies

Find them and eliminate
It's the only thing I'd agree with the Israelis on. If it was done to them, a team of mossad agents would track them down make the offenders disappear. Of course in are case seanie and the two brians would also just never be seen again

Ah Well

Find them and eliminate
FF are the native version - they've ruined the country and plenty gombeens have profited along the way

Eliminating them is the first port of call and a big enough job in itself

Let's finish that first ...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies