Financial Regulator on Prime Time

He3

CEO of Ireland's national Financial Regulator on Prime Time now

tune in

Edit:

[video=youtube;UuHRulXfzGA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UuHRulXfzGA[/video]

“What happened was that everyone in Ireland had the idea that somewhere in Ireland there was a little wise old man who was in charge of the money, and this was the first time they’d ever seen this little man,” says McCarthy. “And then they saw him and said, Who the fvck was that??? Is that the fvcking guy who is in charge of the money??? That’s when everyone panicked.”

Link

Last edited:

markeys

OMG, was this guy overseeing the banks? Is he the guy that 'advised' the govt?

We're fukked.

He3

Now onto Martin Mansergh and Colm McCarthy.

If you missed Mark Little interviewing the Regulator then you need to find the segment when it goes up on the web.

Rahood

If you missed Mark Little interviewing the Regulator then you need to find the segment when it goes up on the web.
Is it on RTE or do I need to torrent it...............

CookieMonster

Was it that bad?

kerrynorth

Nobody could have confidence in that clown of a financial regulator. He was even referring to himself in the 3rd person. No wonder the banks had him conned upto the eyeballs.

He3

RTÉ News: Prime Time will have it for you later I'd say.

Just trying to stop choking here at MMansergh rebuffing Miriam's suggestion about putting demands on the banks in return for the blank cheque:

I dont actually think government by dictation ....

edifice.

Mansergh a disaster, again.

Fr. Hank Tree

Mansergh a disaster, again.
It was the same old "respect your betters" type attitude. He also played the "benefit of hindsight" card, as if nobody pointed out the bnks reckless practises before. Maybe he should have read more of his old senate buddy Shane Ross!

edifice.

It was the same old "respect your betters" type attitude. He also played the "benefit of hindsight" card, as if nobody pointed out the bnks reckless practises before. Maybe he should have read more of his old senate buddy Shane Ross!
Mansergh is from landlord stock, and acts accordingly.

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
Mansergh is from landlord stock, and acts accordingly.
I think that's a little unfair, and whilst Mansergh wasn't great, is it not more damming that another more senior member of cabinet wouldn't go on instead?

By the looks of Lenihan, he's a man that could do with a bit of sleep, he can't be interviewed by *every* television programme.

flavirostris

What Planet is that guy Neary on. If he's the Banking Regulator, its no wonder we're in the present situation. He categorically denied that the Irish Banks had engaged in reckless lending practices and blamed it all on external problems of liquidity. The UCD Economist McCarthy accused the Government of having "set fire to it's 4 aces" on Monday - i.e thowing a life preserver to the bankers to the tune of 400 billion, without having extracted any apparant quid-pro-quo in return. Dame Mansergh snorted at this, saying he didn't accept that interpretation at all.

edifice.

I think that's a little unfair, and whilst Mansergh wasn't great, is it not more damming that another more senior member of cabinet wouldn't go on instead?

By the looks of Lenihan, he's a man that could do with a bit of sleep, he can't be interviewed by *every* television programme.
Enough excuses, if they're going to commit €400 billion to people who wouldn't even come on TV at all hang the bastard that comes on to make excuses for them.

He3

The Phoenix is not every one's idea of a great magazine but the issue out now has an eye-popping feature on the Regulator.

Read it in Eason's tomorrow.

Grouchonthefence

Having just watched TT - I'm now more frightened of whats going on. The Regulator is just another yes-man for the powers that be in banking. If in the past couple of weeks there was one remarkable incident which should incite a run on the banks then we've just seen it. Dr. M. was absolutely pathetic. First thing tomorrow I'm off to move what meagre savings I have into somewhere safe. And God only knows what the banks are NOT telling us....

flavirostris

RTÉ News: Prime Time will have it for you later I'd say.

Just trying to stop choking here at MMansergh rebuffing Miriam's suggestion about putting demands on the banks in return for the blank cheque:

I dont actually think government by dictation ....
That was pathetic from Mansergh, even by his standards.. to try and twist the question as though making reasonable quid-pro-quo demands from the bankers was akin to donning jackboots and sieg-heiling them into submission.

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies