• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Fine Gael and Jean McConville

IrishWelshCelt

I was recently watching this video where Aengus Ó Snodaigh was talking about the new bill that commentarates Irishmen who fought in the world wars yet were considered "traitors/absconders" at the time. While Aengus Ó Snodaigh welcomed this he went on to highlight other Irishmen that need recognition such as those who fought in the Spanish Civil War and those anti treaty republicans that were interned in the Curragh by the FF government at the time. In response to this there were shouts of "wheres Jean McConville?" from the FG benches.

Now whilst myself and many people would condemn Ms McConville's murder, the use of her name by FG as a taunting stick to SF has gone too far. It is clear there is no scenerity on FG's half and they clearly dont care about Ms McConville yet her disappearance has just become a tool to use against SF. It is one thing to say it to Adams due to his alleged links to the incident but against the likes of Ó Snodaigh who was a mere 8 at the time it is just a head in the sand tactic. While FG are clearly concerned about SF's rise in the polls it is time they dropped the name calling and taunting and actually start to address SF's policies rather than shouting about Jean McConville, the magic money tree and micky mouse politics.

Last edited:

Radix

Would you get a proof reader and resubmit like a good lad?

Maybe then we might have a serious discussion.

IrishWelshCelt

Would you get a proof reader and resubmit like a good lad?

Maybe then we might have a serious discussion.
Have done ;)

I'm on my phone so with autocorrect and posting long paragraphs it's kinda hard!

turdsl

This government said they would introduce Dail reform,Kenny and Barrett has brought the,
the standard to gutter level. A disgrace to our democratic system, Mr Kenny has a massive majority but the contempt he has shown the electorate is hard to understand,

IrishWelshCelt

White Horse

Anyone who condones the murder of a young woman is no position to ask questions of anyone else.

Last edited:

GDPR

I was recently watching this video where Aengus Ó Snodaigh was talking about the new bill that commentarates Irishmen who fought in the world wars yet were considered "traitors/absconders" at the time. While Aengus Ó Snodaigh welcomed this he went on to highlight other Irishmen that need recognition such as those who fought in the Spanish Civil War and those anti treaty republicans that were interned in the Curragh by the FF government at the time. In response to this there were shouts of "wheres Jean McConville?" from the FG benches.

Now whilst myself and many people would condone Ms McConville's murder, the use of her name by FG as a taunting stick to SF has gone too far. It is clear there is no scenerity on FG's half and they clearly dont care about Ms McConville yet her disappearance has just become a tool to use against SF. It is one thing to say it to Adams due to his alleged links to the incident but against the likes of Ó Snodaigh who was a mere 8 at the time it is just a head in the sand tactic. While FG are clearly concerned about SF's rise in the polls it is time they dropped the name calling and taunting and actually start to address SF's policies rather than shouting about Jean McConville, the magic money tree and micky mouse politics.
Showing up the gross and sickening hypocrisy of SF on practically any issue you care to name is always worth while.

Jezza

This will always be a sore point for SF & Adams because for whatever reason they simply will not just come clean about it.

Own Arris

Yes but the point is FG show little regard for the woman
Really? Do you not condemn the murder of Jean McConville?

Edit: I see it was an autocorrect malfunction, and note that you do in fact condemn the murder of Jean McConville

Last edited:

GDPR

Anyone who condones the murder of a young woman is no no position to ask questions of anyone else.
Spot on and this is why some SF supporters are still such a danger to democracy, they still believe, in what they consider to be the right circumstances, that murder is an acceptable option.

That said you might have a word with the SF cheerleaders in your own party, short sighted muppets that they are, who clap SF on the back any time they have a go at FF.

White Horse

Fu*king autocorrect :roll:

Changed it now!
In those circumstances, you have a point.

All political parties, include FG, resort to lazy name calling.

It is a dis-service to politics and, in this case, to Jean McConville.

However, when people make the same point as you are, I always remind them to confront those within their own party who name call before lecturing those in other parties.

IrishWelshCelt

In those circumstances, you have a point.

All political parties, include FG, resort to lazy name calling.

It is a dis-service to politics and, in this case, to Jean McConville.

However, when people make the same point as you are, I always remind them to confront those within their own party who name call before lecturing those in other parties.
I not aware of much name calling that goes on by SF/FF/LB in terms of deceased people?

Also for what it's worth I'm not a member of any party.

Eoin Coir

Does the Wolf Toner want Jean McConville airbrushed out of recent history ?

Ulster-Lad

That should read FG government or Free Staters and not FF.