• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

FIne Gael backlash

galteeman

I have emailed my local FG candidates to express my disgust at the efforts to install Kenny as FF's puppet in exchange for spitting in the face of all the people who pay their bills to keep this country running.
Will enough people cry halt to have any impact and stop FG committing suicide on the altar of Enda Kenny?.:roll:

SPN

Fine Gael have always been masters at two things.

Not being re-elected, and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

If a new election happens now, after the FFailures have made such eejits of Fine Gael, we'll see history repeat itself all over again, and the FFuqtards back in the drivers seat.

It is self inflicted, and could be seen coming whenever they decided on their ill conceived cockology of cutting the USC whilst still running massive deficits, and increasing PS pay, perks and pensions whilst still not being able to staff essential services properly.

Crazy horse 6

The sooner you realise OP politicians don't give a s h I t what you, me or anyone think as long as they get their fat pay packets and outrageous pensions for doing SFA the happier you'll be.

GDPR

Fine Gael have always been masters at two things.

Not being re-elected, and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

If a new election happens now, after the FFailures have made such eejits of Fine Gael, we'll see history repeat itself all over again, and the FFuqtards back in the drivers seat.

It is self inflicted, and could be seen coming whenever they decided on their ill conceived cockology of cutting the USC whilst still running massive deficits, and increasing PS pay, perks and pensions whilst still not being able to staff essential services properly.
But apart from what they've always been about, you think they're the business.

Gas.

Gin Soaked

Gas.
It's funny that.

I always thought that FG would be a cleaner, slightly more right wing version of FF.

The whole "Cleaner" bit sort of fell apart big time since 2011. Reilly, Shatter, then Hogan. All brutal and protected.

And then Dinny, always Dinny.

Kenny should have gone years back. When we realised we needed a grown up.

And then there is the age factor. The old guard. Please, just go.

So where does that leave me? Who do I vote for? Who is economically right of FF?

Forget Renua. They just mirrored the AAA stupidity, but pitched it to a more intelligent electorate who rejected it.

SPN

Gas.
At least they didn't try and undermine the electoral system with eVoting machines that could be monitored from an adjacent room, and which could be tampered with to give the right result.

GDPR

It's funny that.

I always thought that FG would be a cleaner, slightly more right wing version of FF.
That, despite their record, has always been how FG voters & party see themselves, but as I said, gas.

Gin Soaked

I have emailed my local FG candidates to express my disgust at the efforts to install Kenny as FF's puppet in exchange for spitting in the face of all the people who pay their bills to keep this country running.
Will enough people cry halt to have any impact and stop FG committing suicide on the altar of Enda Kenny?.:roll:
Agreed. It is pathetic.

turdsl

You could have done it 5 years ago when he was cutting the benefits to the disabled, mentally ill, carers and home helps
etc. There was plenty of money for writeoffs and major contracts for Friendly millionaires.

Last edited:

Gin Soaked

That, despite their record, has always been how FG voters & party see themselves, but as I said, gas.
Beginning to see that now. Still can't get comfy with giving a meaningful preference to FF. Having Hanafin on the ballot did not help mind.

glerp

Nobody cares about your puppet. If they did, they would have voted FG back in with enough TDs for him to be Merkel's puppet instead of Micheál Martin's.
His arrogance and the arrogance of his cohorts has gotten FG into a position where FF now calls the shots and FG take the s**t when it goes wrong.
FG will be nothing more than a front for a shadow FF government.

Gin Soaked

We all have our choices to make and ourselves to live with.
Will she be on the ballot in the rematch I wonder? Splitting the Quota? But it will be a natural 4 seater next time. And Sean B will retire. Rich boy will get in still unfortunately.

Jack Walsh

A joke from a joke party who will be wiped out at next election

The had one poxy ambition this past year.
Get a joke of a leader reelected for optics (only FG leader elected Taoiseach twice in succession)
Utterly utterly pathetic.

Him and that fool Flannery cost them nearly 30 seats and that could be up to 50 seats by next election.

Credibility of the supposed intelligent wing of Varadkar etc is now shot as well for going along with this stupid stunt.

galteeman

A joke from a joke party who will be wiped out at next election

The had one poxy ambition this past year.
Get a joke of a leader reelected for optics (only FG leader elected Taoiseach twice in succession)
Utterly utterly pathetic.

Him and that fool Flannery cost them nearly 30 seats and that could be up to 50 seats by next election.

Credibility of the supposed intelligent wing of Varadkar etc is now shot as well for going along with this stupid stunt.
Varadkar can still save himself and give hope for FG future if he comes out against it. Even if he can't beat Kenny he should refuse to accept any role in the puppet regime.

publicrealm

Nobody cares about your puppet. If they did, they would have voted FG back in with enough TDs for him to be Merkel's puppet instead of Micheál Martin's.
His arrogance and the arrogance of his cohorts has gotten FG into a position where FF now calls the shots and FG take the s**t when it goes wrong.
FG will be nothing more than a front for a shadow FF government.
I believe this is the key.

The shocking arrogance (and associated lies and spin) has alienated people. Coupled with Kenny's other bland characteristics and the likes of Hogan it has set FG back decades.

The lesson (if they are capable of learning anything beyond filling out expenses) is that the electorate is far from stupid.

thebig C

Done and done. Sent a "very strongly worded" letter to my local FG TD today outlining just how disgusted I am at this capitulation and how it violates fair play and the values that many in FG hold to be important. I stressed that not only would I not be voting for him but I would BE actively discouraging others to do this same unless something quite drastic happens to rectify this god awful mistake. My Mother and Father co-signed the letter.

In addition, I was chatting to a friend earlier who is actually an active member, as opposed to a supporter like myself, and unbeknownst to me he had already done something similar. He reckoned that most members feel the same way as he had already spoken to 5-6 in his Constituency and all were universally appalled. The aspect which really irritates many of them, apart from Law Abiding Citizens being shafted, is that all of them incurred quite awful abuse defending Water Charges whilst canvasing (This was graphically articulated by another friend of mine this morning, a lady in her 50s).

I floated the idea that they simply leave the party in protest but my friend maintained that his views were much more in accordance to the FG ethos then those of the front bench or the TDs.

FYI, the consensus seems to have turned vitriolically anti-Kenny. Beforehand, people knew he had limitations but felt he was a decent skin and didn't deserve much of the criticism he received in the media. Almost overnight he is now viewed as completely self-serving. Furthermore, Simon Coveney may not be the Golden Boy anymore. Apparently people remember his craven Prime Time performance just after the election and seem convinced that far from be a slip, this was something he had planned all along. People feel like he has deliberately sold them out.....they ain't wrong either.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies