• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Fine Gael Bulgarian property ring TD gets fingers burnt


Apparatchik

Active member
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
169
Roscommon-South Leitrim Fine Gael TD Frank Feighan purchased an apartment in Bankso, Bulgaria, in 2005 without knowing that fugitive solicitor Michael Lynn's property company was behind it. He bought the Bulgarian apartment from fellow Leitrim county councillor Gordon Hughes (FG), who was an agent for Lynn's property company KenDar. He said he did not blame his party colleague for what had happened. Deputy Feighan is owed €48,000 by Lynn

According to a Sunday newspaper, around 300 Irish investors handed over €5m to Lynn for Eastern European apartments. Around €3.8m of that sum was invested in Bulgaria. Mr Feighan said that he had received a promissory note (a pledge to repay the money) but didn't know if it was worth the paper it was written on. According to the latest register of TDs' interests, Mr Feighan lists 14 different land properties. Rather than floundering in dodgy deals with the Bulgars, Fine Gael's elected reps should surely be flying the flag for our ailing construction trade here at home.
 

geraghd

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
474
Apparatchik said:
Roscommon-South Leitrim Fine Gael TD Frank Feighan purchased an apartment in Bankso, Bulgaria, in 2005 without knowing that fugitive solicitor Michael Lynn's property company was behind it. He bought the Bulgarian apartment from fellow Leitrim county councillor Gordon Hughes (FG), who was an agent for Lynn's property company KenDar. He said he did not blame his party colleague for what had happened. Deputy Feighan is owed €48,000 by Lynn

According to a Sunday newspaper, around 300 Irish investors handed over €5m to Lynn for Eastern European apartments. Around €3.8m of that sum was invested in Bulgaria. Mr Feighan said that he had received a promissory note (a pledge to repay the money) but didn't know if it was worth the paper it was written on. According to the latest register of TDs' interests, Mr Feighan lists 14 different land properties. Rather than floundering in dodgy deals with the Bulgars, Fine Gael's elected reps should surely be flying the flag for our ailing construction trade here at home.
Hmm no, they shouldn't, that would be called an unwise (in many cases) investment. FG reps tend not to be stupid. And our 'oul construction industry I think has had its fair share of investment from the irish people over the last decade. Some say too much.
 

wombat

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
31,945
Apparatchik said:
Fine Gael's elected reps should surely be flying the flag for our ailing construction trade here at home.
That's FF's territory
 

Apparatchik

Active member
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
169
wombat said:
Apparatchik said:
Fine Gael's elected reps should surely be flying the flag for our ailing construction trade here at home.
That's FF's territory
Probably why FF keep getting returned to office. Lot of jobs in construction.
 

wombat

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
31,945
Apparatchik said:
wombat said:
Apparatchik said:
Fine Gael's elected reps should surely be flying the flag for our ailing construction trade here at home.
That's FF's territory
Probably why FF keep getting returned to office. Lot of jobs in construction.
Agree, but the graft has more to do with it.
 

geraghd

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
474
Apparatchik said:
geraghd said:
FG reps tend not to be stupid.
Still stupid enough to be stung by Lynn.
So your argument is that anyone stung by lynn (including I believe major banks) are stupid? interesting logic...
 

Apparatchik

Active member
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
169
geraghd said:
Apparatchik said:
geraghd said:
FG reps tend not to be stupid.
Still stupid enough to be stung by Lynn.
So your argument is that anyone stung by lynn (including I believe major banks) are stupid? interesting logic...
Especially the major banks. Going down like nine pins around the world or hadn't you noticed?
 

geraghd

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
474
Apparatchik said:
geraghd said:
Apparatchik said:
geraghd said:
FG reps tend not to be stupid.
Still stupid enough to be stung by Lynn.
So your argument is that anyone stung by lynn (including I believe major banks) are stupid? interesting logic...
Especially the major banks. Going down like nine pins around the world or hadn't you noticed?
different divisions of the banks there, or didnt you realise?
 

Apparatchik

Active member
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
169
geraghd said:
Apparatchik said:
geraghd said:
Apparatchik said:
geraghd said:
[quote="Apparatchik":1gloz1p8]
FG reps tend not to be stupid.
Still stupid enough to be stung by Lynn.
So your argument is that anyone stung by lynn (including I believe major banks) are stupid? interesting logic...
Especially the major banks. Going down like nine pins around the world or hadn't you noticed?
different divisions of the banks there, or didnt you realise?[/quote:1gloz1p8]Bad loans. Blots on any banker's copybook.
 

NotDevsSon

Active member
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
174
Oh great. Apparatchik is bad to start more FG-bashing threads. *yawn*
 

droghedasouth

Well-known member
Joined
May 10, 2007
Messages
1,092
Apparatchik said:
geraghd said:
Apparatchik said:
geraghd said:
Apparatchik said:
[quote="geraghd":2164ma8s][quote="Apparatchik":2164ma8s]
FG reps tend not to be stupid.
Still stupid enough to be stung by Lynn.
So your argument is that anyone stung by lynn (including I believe major banks) are stupid? interesting logic...
Especially the major banks. Going down like nine pins around the world or hadn't you noticed?
different divisions of the banks there, or didnt you realise?[/quote:2164ma8s]Bad loans. Blots on any banker's copybook.[/quote:2164ma8s]

A banker who never made a bad loan would be too risk-averse to get anywhere in the real world.
 

essexboy

Active member
Joined
Jul 18, 2007
Messages
177
Apparatchik said:
Roscommon-South Leitrim Fine Gael TD Frank Feighan purchased an apartment in Bankso, Bulgaria, in 2005 without knowing that fugitive solicitor Michael Lynn's property company was behind it. He bought the Bulgarian apartment from fellow Leitrim county councillor Gordon Hughes (FG), who was an agent for Lynn's property company KenDar. He said he did not blame his party colleague for what had happened. Deputy Feighan is owed €48,000 by Lynn

According to a Sunday newspaper, around 300 Irish investors handed over €5m to Lynn for Eastern European apartments. Around €3.8m of that sum was invested in Bulgaria. Mr Feighan said that he had received a promissory note (a pledge to repay the money) but didn't know if it was worth the paper it was written on. According to the latest register of TDs' interests, Mr Feighan lists 14 different land properties. Rather than floundering in dodgy deals with the Bulgars, Fine Gael's elected reps should surely be flying the flag for our ailing construction trade here at home.
Fine Gael's elected reps should surely be flying the flag for our ailing construction trade here at home
What of Frank Fahy, to pick just one FF name?
 

Apparatchik

Active member
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
169
droghedasouth said:
Apparatchik said:
geraghd said:
Apparatchik said:
geraghd said:
[quote="Apparatchik":35rmjd9e][quote="geraghd":35rmjd9e][quote="Apparatchik":35rmjd9e]
FG reps tend not to be stupid.
Still stupid enough to be stung by Lynn.
So your argument is that anyone stung by lynn (including I believe major banks) are stupid? interesting logic...
Especially the major banks. Going down like nine pins around the world or hadn't you noticed?
different divisions of the banks there, or didnt you realise?[/quote:35rmjd9e]Bad loans. Blots on any banker's copybook.[/quote:35rmjd9e]

A banker who never made a bad loan would be too risk-averse to get anywhere in the real world.[/quote:35rmjd9e]Risk-averse my backside. What happens when a bank makes a b***up? The Government bails it out (as Fine Gael did AIB). The Bank of England nationalises it (Northern Rock), or the Fed throws (soft loans) money at it. The only risk is to the taxpayer.
 

hiding behind a poster

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
48,240
Apparatchik said:
Rather than floundering in dodgy deals with the Bulgars, Fine Gael's elected reps should surely be flying the flag for our ailing construction trade here at home.
You know Frank Fahy's list of declared interests in the Dail Members' Register comes just before Frank Feighan's. Did you skip it because it was too long, or something?
 

Apparatchik

Active member
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
169
hiding behind a poster said:
Apparatchik said:
Rather than floundering in dodgy deals with the Bulgars, Fine Gael's elected reps should surely be flying the flag for our ailing construction trade here at home.
You know Frank Fahy's list of declared interests in the Dail Members' Register comes just before Frank Feighan's. Did you skip it because it was too long, or something?
Sooner or later, SatNav Kenny will have to force FG to confront its inner Del Boy.
 

hiding behind a poster

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
48,240
Apparatchik said:
hiding behind a poster said:
Apparatchik said:
Rather than floundering in dodgy deals with the Bulgars, Fine Gael's elected reps should surely be flying the flag for our ailing construction trade here at home.
You know Frank Fahy's list of declared interests in the Dail Members' Register comes just before Frank Feighan's. Did you skip it because it was too long, or something?
Sooner or later, SatNav Kenny will have to force FG to confront its inner Del Boy.

:roll: Answer the question, you tosser. Why aren't Frank Fahy's list of foreign properties of any interest to you?

And lose this obsession with referring to Enda Kenny as "SatNav Kenny", for the following reasons:

1) You sound like a child.

2) You've been peddling it relentlessly for about two months, but NO-ONE else is using it. Therefore you also look silly, like an annoyance at a dinner party that keeps telling the same joke again and again, even though no-one ever laughs.

3) You may not know, but it was agreed on this site about 18 months ago that users would not refer to politicians by nicknames, as it made the site look childish, and populated by loutish frat-boys - thus running the risk of losing its reputation as a forum for proper debate. Most people adhere to this, but you don't, with your SatNav obsession. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, as perhaps you weren't here at the time - but if you use the phrase again, I'm reporting you to the moderators. And as you know, you're on thin ice already.

So grow up.
 

stretnik

Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2011
Messages
23
Kenny.

:roll: Answer the question, you tosser. Why aren't Frank Fahy's list of foreign properties of any interest to you?

And lose this obsession with referring to Enda Kenny as "SatNav Kenny", for the following reasons:

1) You sound like a child.

2) You've been peddling it relentlessly for about two months, but NO-ONE else is using it. Therefore you also look silly, like an annoyance at a dinner party that keeps telling the same joke again and again, even though no-one ever laughs.

3) You may not know, but it was agreed on this site about 18 months ago that users would not refer to politicians by nicknames, as it made the site look childish, and populated by loutish frat-boys - thus running the risk of losing its reputation as a forum for proper debate. Most people adhere to this, but you don't, with your SatNav obsession. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, as perhaps you weren't here at the time - but if you use the phrase again, I'm reporting you to the moderators. And as you know, you're on thin ice already.

So grow up.
I actually prefer the Nickname Lockjaw as he never seems to open his.
 
Top