Fine Gael deputy leader referred to Gardai over donation.

O

Oscurito

James Reilly has been referred to the Gardai by SIPOC (Standards in Public Office Commission) for not proving that the excess from an over-the-limit donation was returned to a donor.

Reilly received a donation of one thousand euro in cash however, the maximum that candidates can receive in cash is €200. Hence, Reilly should have returned 800 euro but, as of now, has not provided evidence that he did this.

Donation oversight was 'my fault' says Reilly

Analyzer

Former deputy leader.

Not the first time I heard of funny business going on with that individual.

Is he still of "Stubbs Gazette" ????

Analyzer

This thread is going to generate an interesting response from Hbap and the rest of team blue....

Will they text each other to join the thread ?

Last edited:
O

Oscurito

Former deputy leader.

He's still the deputy leader....unless you've heard something in the last few minutes.

Eoin Coir

Hes not cute enough-if he was FF the donor would have broken it up into several 200s from family members, as for SF/IRA who knows, it would be deposited in a barrel in a bog for a while !

Analyzer

He's still the deputy leader....unless you've heard something in the last few minutes.
What ? Have the party of Lowry got some kind of virus wish or something ?

That is mad.

ger12

Former deputy leader.

It's not enough for TD's to list their assets.

When they enter the Dáil and certainly when they head a department, we should also be aware of any liabilities they may have.

Analyzer

Team blue respone #1.....try deflection.

Hes not cute enough-if he was FF the donor would have broken it up into several 200s from family members, as for SF/IRA who knows, it would be deposited in a barrel in a bog for a while !
I agree FF are corrupt. And so are Slabz Frenz. But this thread is about the FG deputy leader.

Back on track. Let's talk about Dicey Reilly.

Eoin Coir

Next thing he'll get free legal aid like Paul Murphy if he ends up in court.

From the link in the OP:

SIPO has referred 66 files to gardaí in relation to possible breaches of electoral law from General Election.
Maybe an example needs to be made.

Analyzer

Team blue response #2.......try deflection again.

This time the ploy is to "Trot" out Paul Murphy.

Next thing he'll get free legal aid like Paul Murphy if he ends up in court.
Back on track. This is about Dicey Reilly.

statsman

Good to see SIPO doing their job.

O

Oscurito

Somehwere, in north Dublin, Róisín Shortall is getting absolutely twisted on a big bottle labelled Schadenfreude.

brughahaha

Somehwere, in north Dublin, Róisín Shortall is getting absolutely twisted on a big bottle labelled Schadenfreude.
I'd say she only has dregs of that bottle left ....she would have drunk most of it when bottler was unceremoniously booted out of Health .....such a bad Minister that even Enda couldn't save him any more

Analyzer

I think she us teetotal.

She got shafted for having an unacceptable perspective on the A&E crisis in the last goverment.

A perspective that was far too sober for the "industry".

West-Cork

Reposting this from the other thread:

I remember watching O'Reilly open an acute stroke ward at Bantry Hospital 2-3 weeks after the GE which had in fact already been operational for 18 months or so. The hospital had opened it during FFs tenure at zero cost by making use of existing resources. On the pretext of the opening JoR then proceeded a mile or so down the road to attend the retirement party of two local FG TDs in a nearby hotel.

Travel expenses nicely covered by his public service at the hospital.

What struck me about it at the time was that this type of behaviour was coming hot on the heels of FG's 'New Politics' mantra.

Analyzer

Reposting this from the other thread:

I remember watching O'Reilly open an acute stroke ward at Bantry Hospital 2-3 weeks after the GE which had in fact already been operational for 18 months or so. The hospital had opened it during FFs tenure at zero cost by making use of existing resources. On the pretext of the opening JoR then proceeded a mile or so down the road to attend the retirement party of two local FG TDs in a nearby hotel.

Travel expenses nicely covered by his public service at the hospital.

What struck me about it at the time was that this type of behaviour was coming hot on the heels of FG's 'New Politics' mantra.
In the best tradition of loaded meaning based humour.....

Doctor Reilly is an expert on the matter of "strokes"........

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies