Fine Gael ends Dáil pairing agreement

FrankSpeaks

SF don't take part in pairing arrangements.

Why aren't FG taking the opportunity to table a Private Members' motion that would really put the Government under pressure, e.g. calling for the retention of services at regional hospitals?
Because when FG get into the next government that is exactly what they are going to have to do.

TheKingsCall

For someone like myself with no party allegiance but, in a way, wants to be able to vote Fine Gael, this is not good. This is not wise. If there is any doubt that the reason for travel is jobs related, let it go, fight the next one. Whatever the reality, this looks petty, it looks short term, and will appeal to voters that will already vote Fine Gael. The headlines give a clear message that this is petty, whatever the reality, FG need to be wiser with the media.

LeDroit

Finally, the man shows some cojones. Kenny should be squeezing that tiny majority and putting pressure on Indos and the Greens. As already mentioned he should also be outing FF backbenchers on local gombeen issues. Use their strengths against them.

FG could take this govt out by Christmas if they really tried. Everytime the govt squeal about it the answer should be the same,'Call the bye-elections'.

greengoose2

Mods please merge these threads as I am saying the same thing twice. Mary should answer the FAS questions in the Dail however the fact the it may be to put off for a week while she attends to state business should not make a difference.
The commitment was made some time ago to answer questions on a particular day in our parliament. As matters stand someone else gets to go on this jolly. Besides, we don't want Jay to be using what he called our drunken morons as material for his show.

Now if we could have a vote of confidence/no confidence on Wednesday please! :rolleyes:

DCon

For someone like myself with no party allegiance but, in a way, wants to be able to vote Fine Gael, this is not good. This is not wise. If there is any doubt that the reason for travel is jobs related, let it go, fight the next one. Whatever the reality, this looks petty, it looks short term, and will appeal to voters that will already vote Fine Gael. The headlines give a clear message that this is petty, whatever the reality, FG need to be wiser with the media.
Do you think it would make a blind bit of difference if The Cough is there or not?

FF say all junkets are about "jobs" now to minimise the reaction to said junket.

How many jobs have come from Harney's paddy's day junket to new Zealand? 0?

FrankSpeaks

So after giving a commitment of the 29th of sept - after months of chasing she is ok to just leave the country.

What is this Trade Mission?
Any idea why other people are attending on different days and as been hinted is over 7 days so why the need to go on the Wed she was due to sit in the Dail?

You seem to be ok with the mission - so what was it?
Any Idea if others Heads of Education accross Europe are attending just on Wednesday?

Thanks
I know damn all about the meeting and who else is attending but it still does not take away from the fact that she could answer the questions a week later.

Could you explain why waiting a week for the answers will make a monumental difference?

TimBuckII

Twitter
Yes I am
I think it's great and they should do it each time she decides to go anywhere. Whoever they send in her place will no doubt be far more capable. FG are doing the Country a favour here.

FrankSpeaks

Finally, the man shows some cojones. Kenny should be squeezing that tiny majority and putting pressure on Indos and the Greens. As already mentioned he should also be outing FF backbenchers on local gombeen issues. Use their strengths against them.

FG could take this govt out by Christmas if they really tried. Everytime the govt squeal about it the answer should be the same,'Call the bye-elections'.
Taking FF out on local gombeen issues would quickly come back to haunt who ever forms the next government!

bobbysands81

Dead right - every FGer throughout the country should be screaming and shouting about local health issues in their area now in order to put pressure on any FF or Green TDs that are there.

I firmly believe that this Govt will fall before the end of the year.

LeDroit

Taking FF out on local gombeen issues would quickly come back to haunt who ever forms the next government!
Be under no illusions, FF will be rabid dogs in opposition. The gentlemanly approach of FG thus far is laughed at by FF who have no intention of reciprocating. If Kenny wants to be Taoiseach he needs to show some political viciousness and take it. If he let's eighteen more months pass, FF will be higher in the polls and Labour will have more troops on the ground in places they don't exist now. Now is Enda's best shot. Take it Enda or repent in your old age.

roc_

Sync

/MOD/ Merging the 2 threads on pairing /MOD/

D

Duth Ealla

Fiach Kelly in the Irish Independent claims that by rejecting pairing and keeping Coughlan at home that Kenny is threatening jobs. Very silly thing to write.The CEO of Norkom technologies said there was a cringe factor about Coughlan on trade missions. She is better off away from investors, especially when they learn she is the minister for education. They will already believe our leader is a piss head, to see his former deputy was coughlan would not help one jot.

She is an incompetent who thinks Einstein came up with evolution.

Fiach kelly must be a Fianna fail crony to think she would have helped the country abroad.

D

Duth Ealla

Be under no illusions, FF will be rabid dogs in opposition. The gentlemanly approach of FG thus far is laughed at by FF who have no intention of reciprocating. If Kenny wants to be Taoiseach he needs to show some political viciousness and take it. If he let's eighteen more months pass, FF will be higher in the polls and Labour will have more troops on the ground in places they don't exist now. Now is Enda's best shot. Take it Enda or repent in your old age.

There is a lot of truth in this.

locke

Dead right - every FGer throughout the country should be screaming and shouting about local health issues in their area now in order to put pressure on any FF or Green TDs that are there.

I firmly believe that this Govt will fall before the end of the year.
Fine Gael have ambitions to govern.

That would be providing too many hostages.

What they should be doing is working out what they want to hang on to that FF don't and turning up the heat on those issues.

bored and fussy

I read this suggestion here on P.ie sometime ago.
now i know where mr kenny gets his policies from, what a petty move what if pj sheeehan is sick sometime what sanctions will he put on him or any other FG politician who decides to go AWOL.
Gilmore if he is smart will stay well away from this nursery school politics.

jacko

meaningless gesture by Kenny.

If he had any balls he'd have let Coughlan off to the States to embarrass the country. Then, when she was in Chicago on Wed afternoon, withdraw all pairs for the Dail vote on the bye election writ.

Coughlan could have gone on her junket and the country would have got the bye elections

LeDroit

I read this suggestion here on P.ie sometime ago.
now i know where mr kenny gets his policies from, what a petty move what if pj sheeehan is sick sometime what sanctions will he put on him or any other FG politician who decides to go AWOL.
Gilmore if he is smart will stay well away from this nursery school politics.
Gilmore should immediately announce the same. If FF are squeezed on this they'll fall before Christmas. On current polls a FG/Lab govt will have about 100 seats. Pairing from FF would be unnecessary. Strike now or regret it as FF's numbers rise.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom