Fine Gael ends Dáil pairing agreement

constitutionus

about damn time.

well done FG.

jmcc

From here on it is a battle of attrition. The FGers can only hope that more FFers are otherwise indisposed before more opposition TD are so. It is going to damage the junketing abilities of FFers and they will whinge. Let them whinge and while they are whinging, FG should bring forward as many votes as possible, starting with a vote of confidence in Brian Cowen and following with a vote of confidence in each government minister. Politics is supposed to be a blood sport so let the games commence.

Regards...jmcc

jacko

Gilmore should immediately announce the same. If FF are squeezed on this they'll fall before Christmas. On current polls a FG/Lab govt will have about 100 seats. Pairing from FF would be unnecessary. Strike now or regret it as FF's numbers rise.
+1
FG/Lab has a 34% average lead over the outgoing government in the last two polls.

This is unparallelled in recent european history

Get them out now - and yes bring in the tough budget that is required

SilverLining

about damn time.

well done FG.
What ? This is just games in the playground. Fine Gael are just a raving mad bunch of demeted power hungry ****************************** who will drives us all madder with their self important preaching just to be "in charge" of this corrupt ************************************ banana republic.

The country is ************************************ and these mind games are not going to make things any better for the people of Ireland who are not members of this very prestigious club.

bored and fussy

Gilmore should immediately announce the same. If FF are squeezed on this they'll fall before Christmas. On current polls a FG/Lab govt will have about 100 seats. Pairing from FF would be unnecessary. Strike now or regret it as FF's numbers rise.
and how will that help us get the harsh budget through? what part of the country is going down the tubes do you not understand, the country needs a national government not nursery school stuff.
I only hope the Labour Party stays well away from this if not they are no more responsible than FG.
Enda kenny has one ambition and that is his own, to be taoiseach to fix the country is the last thing on his mind ((read his lips no tax increases)

I can write your reply, i can word for word ,FF brought us to this and I agree with you they were in government, but the policies of all parties at the time was "Lets Party" and cowen was scrooge!
The banks too were something else.
One thing I would love to know are any politicians in NAMA.

consultant

Be under no illusions, FF will be rabid dogs in opposition. The gentlemanly approach of FG thus far is laughed at by FF who have no intention of reciprocating. If Kenny wants to be Taoiseach he needs to show some political viciousness and take it. If he let's eighteen more months pass, FF will be higher in the polls and Labour will have more troops on the ground in places they don't exist now. Now is Enda's best shot. Take it Enda or repent in your old age.

FF, post the Tallaght strategy, displayed their pedigree and savaged Dukes and FG. Cowen repeated the performance in 2007 when he devised and delivered a strategy that personally destroyed Kenny in that election.

The question now is, is Kenny still cowering after that attack or has he truly the hunger to take the fight back to FF?

Showdown in the KO (knock out) Corral or just face-pulling at 20 paces? It's about time Kenny's troops goaded him into action. They have been ineffectual in opposition up to now.

Disillusioned democrat

What ? This is just games in the playground. Fine Gael are just a raving mad bunch of demeted power hungry ****************************** who will drives us all madder with their self important preaching just to be "in charge" of this corrupt ************************************ banana republic.

The country is ************************************ and these mind games are not going to make things any better for the people of Ireland who are not members of this very prestigious club.
SL - in all fairness, FF have butt-phucked this country for the past decade, so any and all ploys to rid this country of this venal and incompetent government are both acceptable and to be applauded.

jacko

FG are actually not serious about this

from RTE

Mr O'Dowd said the party would provide cover for Ministers going on European Union business, but other votes would not be covered
The Perm Rep (ire ambassador and staff to EU) can do these meetings much more effectively than some bogger FF minister - and we save on flights and hotels and the business lounge at Zaventem airport

loner

I hope somebody in her department remembers to cancel her flights and hotels.
They should not have been booked before she was sure she had a pair----if the cancellation involves any cost to the taxpayer she or her officials should pay for it out of their own pockets.

SilverLining

It's about time Kenny's troops goaded him into action.
Kenny is a school teacher from Mayo and will always come accross a school teacher from Mayo. He utterly unconvincing. Makes me laugh and get angry at the same time when I hear him speak. He sounds like he is threatening someone who has forgotten to do their homework. A complete joke with no credibility whatsoever.

SilverLining

SL - in all fairness, FF have butt-phucked this country for the past decade, so any and all ploys to rid this country of this venal and incompetent government are both acceptable and to be applauded.
The alternative is just as hopeless. Fine Gael are just as bad for this country as Fianna Fail. Neither party should ever be in charge of anything except their own P45s.

Disillusioned democrat

Kenny is a school teacher from Mayo and will always come accross a school teacher from Mayo. He utterly unconvincing. Makes me laugh and get angry at the same time when I hear him speak. He sounds like he is threatening someone who has forgotten to do their homework. A complete joke with no credibility whatsoever.

As opposed to a country solicitor from Offaly who can't even foresake drink when the coutry's going down the tubes following his own mismanagement of the economy....hmmmmmmm

adamirer

Bertie, Mary O'Rourke, Biffo and a few others should remember this ...

Dick Spring in the early 1980s was brought to the Dail on a stretcher with a drip attached for a major Dail vote when Haughey refused to give him a pair though Spring had been involved in a near fatal car accident and was very seriously ill. (Spring never forgave him for the severe pain he was put through. He had barely survived the accident and it wasn't even clear if he'd be able to walk again at that stage.) TDs had had to miss family funerals for confidence votes.
Didn't hear too many of them bleating about it then...

paulp

Is being a school teacher from Mayo supposed to be a derogatory statement?

loner

I read this suggestion here on P.ie sometime ago.
now i know where mr kenny gets his policies from, what a petty move what if pj sheeehan is sick sometime what sanctions will he put on him or any other FG politician who decides to go AWOL.
Gilmore if he is smart will stay well away from this nursery school politics.
Whats nursery school about taking every possible step to have us rid of this awful excuse for a Government?.

loner

The alternative is just as hopeless. Fine Gael are just as bad for this country as Fianna Fail. Neither party should ever be in charge of anything except their own P45s.
Silver--your attack on FF is utterly unbecoming

culmore

Silverlining, you are still supporting FF so strongly after all they have to to our country and people, can you tell us why ?

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Petty political point scoring.

Exactly, more pointless token gestures. All FG are doing is to take attention away from FF's failures. On Wednesday the bank guarantee expires and the latest unemployment numbers are released and FG is diverting attention by having their ridiculous motion on the by-elections. If FG are so appalling in opposition is it any wonder that they are trending down in the polls. I haven't seen an open goal being missed so obviously sinvce Yabubu in the World Cup.

flavirostris

FG when they departed office in 1997, left behind a booming economy with thousands of jobs being created a week. And you're saying that they are "just as bad" as Fianna Fáil

:confused:

suppose you voted for FF the last couple of times

:rolleyes:

SilverLining

Is being a school teacher from Mayo supposed to be a derogatory statement?
No. It's just one can never take Kenny seriously the way he goes on. The same way one could not take such teachers seriously when they got all hot and bother about some storm in a teacup, taking valuable time away from the job they were payed for, teaching. Kenny just act in a way the make one want to laugh while throwing a bucket of ice cold water over him and locking him in a sound proofed room.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom