1____|____ ?_____|____ ?___|____ 1_____|____ Michael Ring
3____|____ ?_____|____ 1___|____ 0_____|____ Alan Shatter
1____|____ ?_____|____ ?___|____ 2_____|____ Billy Timmins
3____|____ ?_____|____ 1___|____ 3_____|____ Leo Varadkar
1____|____ ?_____|____ 2___|____ 0_____|____ Frances Fitzgerald
2____|____ ?_____|____ 2___|____ 2_____|____ Michael Noonan
2____|____ ?_____|____ 3___|____ 2_____|____ Paschal Donohoe
3____|____ ?_____|____ 2___|____ 2_____|____ Eugene Regan

Quote this post and rate 'em ! If this thread is popular, I might do the same for FF/Lab

cYp

'orebel

Can we do one for the Govt?

Tomas Mor

Why is this thread not locked , there was already another one on who will be on the FG front bench. And there are several on the FG heave also as has been pointed out by King Kane. Is there one law for some and another for others, How about it Dave.,

EvotingMachine0197

Terence Flanagan isn't on that last, and as things stand, I rate him higher than many on that list.

davewex

it makes it a bit harder to pick a decent frontbench when have your top talent doesn't want you there!! but i like the thread

CookieMonster

cYp, what in God's name makes you think the front bench will be chosen on merit?

CookieMonster

The more I read Cyberpain threads about Fine Gael - I think he is crying out for FG voters to help him making a conscience decision to vote Enda next time...

Welcome onboard CyP
Half the country was looking for a reason to vote for FG... so Labour got a boost in support. What does that tell you.

Tomas Mor

I notice this thread has been altered a bit from what it was at start. Wonder why ?

Tomas Mor

To paraphrase Churchill, never in the field of human history was an opposition under so much spotlight by so many for so few. I expect the same source to have a critical analysis up tomorrow or when ever the FB is announced along the lines: "Kenny fluffs it again; Dead wood replaces deadwood; Another heave on way soon;- just like the stuff we'll read in next Sundays Sindo.

west'sawake

I don't like 'safe' I like radical and convictionist and against the consensus that got us into this mess, the fact that Varadkar would dare say Garret the Good was useless ranks him way ahead of the others, precisely because he does not play it safe.

This is probably why I like Deasy as well. It is only minds like Noonan, Varadkar, Deasy and possibly Bruton that that will challenge the Corporatist, P.C. Big business, Big Union, Quangoist, Welfarist, Vested interests that FF had a symbiotic and parasitical relationship with, an architecture for failure that must be destroyed. While others have fine qualities, they have a rural or social democratic or vested interest populism that would weaken their resolve in this time of national crisis, be it Shatter, or Reilly in Dublin; or Ring or Hogan in rural Ireland.

west'sawake

Half the country was looking for a reason to vote for FG... so Labour got a boost in support. What does that tell you.
Unfortunately that's true, which is why this frontbench is going to be so crucial.

Unless of course there is some new force that can provide a real ideological alternative.

I live in hope.

davewex

Unless of course there is some new force that can provide a real ideological alternative.

I live in hope.
well i hear a lot of people on this site saying the same thing. why can't we have a serious discussion for anyone interested in a new party, on a dedicated thread, about our ideas and where exactly you would like it to go, instead of sitting here complaining about everything and doing nothing!!!

west.. plz done take offence, just using ur quote

west'sawake

well i hear a lot of people on this site saying the same thing. why can't we have a serious discussion for anyone interested in a new party, on a dedicated thread, about our ideas and where exactly you would like it to go, instead of sitting here complaining about everything and doing nothing!!!

west.. plz done take offence, just using ur quote
No offence taken. For what it's worth I have floated the idea among some people, but in the end such a party would have to be made up of credible candidates, and led by someone with weight. Leadership is what is needed and that's not going to be got among a politics web site. The reality is that people who have that weight, self belief and talent are unlikely to be posting here, already having strong national name recognition, and would be so focussed that any free time would given to their respective fields or put to some other use, so driven would these people be. For what its worth I believe there is a vacuum on the Centre Right for a party that knows the E.U has gone too far in the democratic deficit area and that the Euro has been a disaster and a major cause of our problems. I fear though that irredentist nationalist forces, the anti E.U. extremists, and the more xenophobic elements in our society will fill that vacuum, or alternatively the harder left, because as of now no such new allignment seems to be taking place such is the dominance of the broadly concurrent mainstream parties who are not divided on the Economy, Europe, or Social affairs.

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies