Fine Gael on election footing?

spidermom

Heard on Drivetime that FG have approached recently elected FG councillors to see who would be willing to stand in the next GE...is this FG on the election trail or just good planning?

Can anyone confirm?

thebig C

Heard on Drivetime that FG have approached recently elected FG councillors to see who would be willing to stand in the next GE...is this FG on the election trail or just good planning?

Can anyone confirm?
Just good planning. At most we are 2.5 years from a General Election. Thats not alot of time to publicise a new candidate.

C

spidermom

Just good planning. At most we are 2.5 years from a General Election. Thats not alot of time to publicise a new candidate.

C

2 1/2 years???????...Don't think so!!!

CookieMonster

recently elected FG councillors? Sounds a bit desperate...

I suppose they expect to use their recent profile to their advantage, and then sweep up in bye-elections my FF tend to their many wounds.

Hmmm, good planning methings. No sign of a GE in sight... yet.

Digout

They are, Labour have also banned holidays by all staff.....a snao election is expected...

CookieMonster

2 1/2 years???????...Don't think so!!!
A year at least. FF and the Greenies are in bunker mode, heads down hoping they can ride out the shelling. The greens won't break now because they'll be flayed by the public and become the targets of public ire and suffer the fate of the PDs. They have nowhere else to go, they'll hand on in there propping up Cowen & Co. and allow NAMA through to well and truly destroy the country. All the while thinking "it'll be ok in the end".

No, Gormely, it won't.

thebig C

A year at least. FF and the Greenies are in bunker mode, heads down hoping they can ride out the shelling. The greens won't break now because they'll be flayed by the public and become the targets of public ire and suffer the fate of the PDs. They have nowhere else to go, they'll hand on in there propping up Cowen & Co. and allow NAMA through to well and truly destroy the country. All the while thinking "it'll be ok in the end".

No, Gormely, it won't.
Thats a fairly cojent assessment of the sitution.

Newsy

No, Gormely, it won't.
If they DON'T break with FF, they will be truly 'dead man walking'.

spidermom

Poor old greenies!!!....********************ed one way or another!!....

Newsy

thebig C

True, but with those lovely ministerial pensions you really couldn't describe Messrs Ryan and Gormless as poor greenies:)

p.s: he he...I was typing so quickly I typed "poo greenies" before I corrected it. But, in hindsight my original spelling was correct!

bprob

Examiner seemed to suggest that he would form part of a three man ticket for cork NC next time out with Kelly and Allen......
this was from a different thread. it refers to daire murphy, current cork lord mayor, being put on the ticket in cork north central.

i'll look for the link

spidermom

True, but with those lovely ministerial pensions you really couldn't describe Messrs Ryan and Gormless as poor greenies:)

Think they only take the minimum and give the rest to the party!!...after all they have to pay for those desperate Euro election campaigns!!!..lol

Digout

If they grow a backbone and walk over SCAMA the party will recover, eventually. If the vote for SCAMA then its curtains for the Greens.

spidermom

Oopppsss more neg rep from SPN for you and me!!!!!

CookieMonster

I know. Fantastic, isn't it. They deserve everything that's coming to them. Shame from their members though, mostly decent people conned by sleveen like Gormley and Ryan. Trevor was the only smart one among them.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies