• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Fine Gael - The Partitionist Party

Cloigeann

FG's current reputation on this forum and on the street in various locations is it is filled with would-be unionists if they were born in the north. You also hear some FGers cry foul when accused of not doing enough for Irish unification but when you call them up on what they have actually done you get humbrum blank face :|

So how exactly is Fine Gael republican or is it strictly republicanism in it international sense and not the Irish kind?

DeGaulle

A Chloiginn, a troll,

perhaps you could explain why the Labour party has an English name, unlike the true Irish parties, Fianna Fáil, Fine Gael and Sinn Féin, who identify themselves using our native language? Is it because Labour is the west-brits party?

The Trinity Politick

I would welcome a United Ireland and would love to know the difference between Fianna Fail policy, Fine Gael policy and Labour policy.

Truth is, theres no difference, and no plan.

Apparatchik

The Trinity Politick said:
I would welcome a United Ireland and would love to know the difference between Fianna Fail policy, Fine Gael policy and Labour policy.

Truth is, Fianna Fail are the only party who can handle the kneecappers: the Good Friday Agreement and the current devolved government are testament to this. Ahern has dispayed a surer touch on the North and the national question than any politician since Parnell.

The Trinity Politick

Apparatchik said:

Truth is, Fianna Fail are the only party who can handle the kneecappers: the Good Friday Agreement and the current devolved government are testament to this. Ahern has dispayed a surer touch on the North and the national question than any politician since Parnell.
No i think Sinn Fein are the only party to handle the 'kneecappers'.

Apparatchik

Apparatchik said:
[quote="The Trinity Politick":1wup8n0p]
No i think Sinn Fein are the only party to handle the 'kneecappers'.
[/quote:1wup8n0p]Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hyde

geraghd

I have this itching sensation at the base of my elbow, and Im pretty sure its not psioriasis. Should I check it out with a GP or just apply some cream or something?

hiding behind a poster

God, what a pathetic thread.

credibility

The blueshirt is probably right!! I feel that the only difference between FF and FG is down to personalities and talk on the north.

However, the fact that FF wants to and actually has cumann north of the border does show a greater interest than the FGers.

But they could claim to be organised through the UUP??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mr_anderson

Above all, what FG did (through the leadership of Alan Dukes) was implement the Tallaght Strategy.
An act of true patriotism putting the interests of the country and its citizens before the interests of the party and its members.

Bear in mind that on the opposing side was FF headed by haughey.
There is not a FF member who can put their hand on their heart and say that their party would have done the same thing and made such a sacrifice.

I am neither a supporter nor voter of FG, but to question their loyalty to Ireland and her citizens is to ignore one of the most selfless acts in our modern history.

mr_anderson said:
Above all, what FG did (through the leadership of Alan Dukes) was implement the Tallaght Strategy.
An act of true patriotism putting the interests of the country and its citizens before the interests of the party and its members.

There is not a FF member who can put their hand on their heart and say that their party would have done the same thing and made such a sacrifice.

I am neither a supporter nor voter of FG, but to question their loyalty to Ireland and her citizens is to ignore one of the most selfless acts in our modern history.

My arse and parsley.

Had FG ran candidates in the 6 occupied counties they would have done more to endorse notions of 'true patriotism'.

The fact is that FG accept partition, and are the unionist rump in the Free State.

needle_too

32 said:
The fact is that FG accept partition, and are the unionist rump in the Free State.
And FF dont 'accept' partition?
What did Dev do about it from 1930's thru to 1948?
Nothing, thats what.

But the average IQ in Ireland is 93 so most FF dont even know that.

Even Sinn Fein have members in foreign parliaments, dont they?

You would do well to remember that it was a FG taoiseach that declared a republic in 1949.

The fact, my friend, is that FG are the only intelligible, consistent, non-violent and uncorrupted party in Ireland.

NotDevsSon

needle_too said:
32 said:
And FF dont 'accept' partition?
What did Dev do about it from 1930's thru to 1948?
Nothing, thats what.

But the average IQ in Ireland is 93 so most FF dont even know that.

Even Sinn Fein have members in foreign parliaments, dont they?

You would do well to remember that it was a FG taoiseach that declared a republic in 1949.

The fact, my friend, is that FG are the only intelligible, consistent, non-violent and uncorrupted party in Ireland.
It was Fine Gael also that pushed for the Anglo-Irish Agreement that for the first time since independence gave the south a role in the north. Haughey opposed it.

BTW when FG ran a Northerner, Austin Currie, for the presidency in 1990, Ray Burke in the Dail accused them of "going outside the country" to get a candidate!!!

Destiny's Soldier

I think the point being made is that FG instincts do not involve the North. It is true to say that the grassroots of FF yearn for a united Ireland much more than the grassroots of FG.
While FF talk of reintegration, however, they / we, did very little to bring it about.

Notdev is right on the Anglo Irish agreement, why FF opposted it at the time was just to play the role of opposition. If it came from FG it must be wrong etc etc.

Something I've been thinking about lately is: that when the North's issues have been solved, and normal politics has been working for a period of 10 years or so, what will be the raison d'etre to vote FF over FG. There won't be one.

If FG eventually get their act together, they could well depose FF as the primary force in Irish Politics for more than 1 term of office.

qtman

DeGaulle said:
A Chloiginn, a troll,

perhaps you could explain why the Labour party has an English name, unlike the true Irish parties, Fianna Fáil, Fine Gael and Sinn Féin, who identify themselves using our native language? Is it because Labour is the west-brits party?
Can you also explain why the Labour Party appoints someone to the post of "Chef De Cabinet"?

qtman

32 said:
mr_anderson said:

My arse and parsley.

Had FG ran candidates in the 6 occupied counties they would have done more to endorse notions of 'true patriotism'.

"6 occupied counties"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Its as perennial as the grass....

NotDevsSon

qtman said:
32 said:
mr_anderson said:

My arse and parsley.

"6 occupied counties"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Its as perennial as the grass....
but greener! ;)

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
needle_too said:
It's easy to be uncorrupted (if of course you're willing to forget Lowry, Cosgravce etc etc) if you are not in any position of power. It's a bit like the ugliest girl in the class, being proud of her virginity.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies