Fine Gael to bring in failed bankers to oversee party branches

Lúidín

Fine Gael will install bankers and other financial 'advisors' to administer local party branches. Fine Gael plans will include giving these bankers full powers to override decisions of party activisits and direct local policy.

It will be interesting to see how the members and other parties react.

SamsonS

Fine Gael will install bankers and other financial 'advisors' to administer local party branches. Fine Gael plans will include giving these bankers full powers to override decisions of party activisits and direct local policy.

I like your thread title. Is it just failed bankers they are looking for!

Degeneration X

The FG members will probably acquiesce to this as they seem to be a pretty pusillanimous bunch.

I wonder will these financial advisers get to the bottom of why half the so-called membership didn't vote for the leadership, why two thirds that did voted for Coveneny and why membership numbers have dropped so dramatically over the past number of years.

Marcos the black

Any chance of a link or anything similar?

General Urko

I'm delighted because it can only fook them up!

jmcc

The FG members will probably acquiesce to this as they seem to be a pretty pusillanimous bunch.

I wonder will these financial advisers get to the bottom of why half the so-called membership didn't vote for the leadership, why two thirds that did voted for Coveneny and why membership numbers have dropped so dramatically over the past number of years.
Poor HBAP. :)

SamsonS

Just love the idea that successful bankers need not apply, only failed ones.

cricket

Throw a link up !
I was barred from starting threads for less !

Gin Soaked

Oh for God's sake.

HQ has always controlled conventions which are at best advisory. And as for discussing policy at branch level? Heard that gem about 10 years ago and considered it delusional then...

You join FG to help with canvassing and leaflet drops. And occasionally you'll get to chat to a TD. If you think anything else happens, you are deluded.

And if the failed bankers have to collect subs and submit branch membership? Well, having done that twice, they are welcome to it...

carlovian

Any link ?

And I’m not a fg fan.

Just a lil backup to the op. I’ll settle for a third party hearsay rumour.

hiding behind a poster

Link-y-pooh?

venusian

The FG members are Leo's petits beuglements! Demonstrably nothing else!

Rodney Polo

Any chance of a link or anything similar?
No need for a link ..this is perfectly true ...I know a banker who was approached regarding this and was later turned down because he was deemed too successful.

They only want failed bankers it seems ....

A pal of mine from a rugby playing school who had to leave the bank 'cause he continually ************************************ up on foreign exchange transactions is in high demand in a number of South Dublin constituencies.

hiding behind a poster

No need for a link ..this is perfectly true ...I know a banker who was approached regarding this and was later turned down because he was deemed too successful.

They only want failed bankers it seems ....
I'm not sure which is funnier - the idea that you suggest happened, or the notion that you know a banker.....

hiding behind a poster

You'e clearly never met any of them.

I wonder will these financial advisers get to the bottom of why half the so-called membership didn't vote for the leadership,
Already explained to you ad nauseum on another thread. Are you very forgetful, or just stupid?

why two thirds that did voted for Coveneny
So?

and why membership numbers have dropped so dramatically over the past number of years.
Meh. Numbers come and go, often dropping in the years after elections, for fairly obvious reasons that will however be completely lost on the vast majority on this site.

Analyzer

Gibby

Jobs for the boys!

storybud1

Taking a leaf out of Obama's book I see, appointing a load of bankers into power !

New Threads

Most Replies