• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Fine Gael wanted Eamonn Dunphy to run in Dublin South East: Sunday Times

gijoe

According to the Sunday Times Eamonn Dunphy was approached by FG to run in Dublin South East with Lucinda Creighton. When Eamonn turned down that offer FG asked him if he would run in the forthcoming Dublin South by-election.

blinding

They would be better to consider a merger with zanu-ff that have this mouthy opportunist represent them in an election.

If this is true it is further proof of how utterly useless fine gael are.

Red_93

That's a little odd, I'd have thought he'd be suited to a more working class constituency.

gijoe

That's a little odd, I'd have thought he'd be suited to a more working class constituency.
So would I. I would have thought where he comes from like Dublin Central or North West would have been more likely.

Red_93

So would I. I would have thought where he comes from like Dublin Central or North West would have been more likely.
Having said that, eh may have soaked up a large chunk of the SEIC vote which LP's Kevin Humphries looks set to devour in DSE.

Tomas Mor

Did he not also flirt with PDs at one stage. BTW, why is he not doing Newstalk on sunday morning show for some time. Ger Colleran replacing him for many Sundays now.

LeDroit

True. Bit pointless running him in established FG country. His benefit is that he could win an otherwise unwinable seat in an urban working class area.

wombat

Maybe Wayne Rooney will run in Monaghan?

Red_93

True. Bit pointless running him in established FG country. His benefit is that he could win an otherwise unwinable seat in an urban working class area.
But a 2nd in DSE is unwinable for FG. Labour were streets ahead at the LEs, and also managed the vote better. On top of this, the 2 likely FG candidates - Creighton and Murphy, are fishing from the same pool. I still agree, he'd be better in DNW, not DC, as they have a reasonable chance there. DNW's a no-hoper.

bokuden

Tomas Mor

locke

Dublin SE is more working class than some people realise. And if FG want a second seat, they need a candidate who has appeal in the working class areas.

Still though, Dunphy would be an odd choice. Even if he got elected, he could prove a liability to the party.

Red_93

Dublin SE is more working class than some people realise. And if FG want a second seat, they need a candidate who has appeal in the working class areas.

Still though, Dunphy would be an odd choice. Even if he got elected, he could prove a liability to the party.
I knew it contained the SEIC, but it does also happen to have the highest number of college graduates in the country.

dent

I can't imagine that Dunphy needs to added pressure.....he must be earning a fair whack from his media work.