• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Fine Gael's 100,000 jobs !!

• Thread starter Deleted member 17573
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 17573

I posted the following in the Killarney thread but I really feel it deserves to be highlighted in a separate thread. I was quite shocked at how poor the FG job creation policy really is and what a poor grasp of the issue was displayed by the contributors:

"Has anybody been listening to Saturdayview? Bruton, Mitchell, Creed and Kelly were on. In fairness Bruton gave a fairly good account of himself on Anglo but when they moved onto the 100,000 jobs .....disaster. Rachael English didn't go too hard on them - she fairly gently asked them a few times where the jobs are going to come from ....they hadn't a clue. As one failed to answer another one of them tried to come to the rescue but it quickly became clear that there is no substance behind the idea. They are going to get savaged on this."

Catalpa

I posted the following in the Killarney thread but I really feel it deserves to be highlighted in a separate thread. I was quite shocked at how poor the FG job creation policy really is and what a poor grasp of the issue was displayed by the contributors:

"Has anybody been listening to Saturdayview? Bruton, Mitchell, Creed and Kelly were on. In fairness Bruton gave a fairly good account of himself on Anglo but when they moved onto the 100,000 jobs .....disaster. Rachael English didn't go too hard on them - she fairly gently asked them a few times where the jobs are going to come from ....they hadn't a clue. As one failed to answer another one of them tried to come to the rescue but it quickly became clear that there is no substance behind the idea. They are going to get savaged on this."
Unless their Irish Jobs for Irish Workers what is the point?

IRISH JOBS FOR IRISH WORKERS

Simbo67

That's not a fact, thats the opinion of some random poster on p.ie. Secondly, if you are going to be xenophobic, you should at least try to get your spelling correct. It slightly undermines your point otherwise.

Cabbage/Turnip

That's not a fact, thats the opinion of some random poster on p.ie. Secondly, if you are going to be xenophobic, you should at least try to get your spelling correct. It slightly undermines your point otherwise.
Can you tell us where the 100,00o jobs are coming from?

Supermanpolitician

Dem foreigners cant (sic) even learn themselves (sic) proper English so they cant (sic).

We expect all future posts to be prefaced with "I'm not racist but..."

I suspect you buy the Sun. :)

BlowIn

I'm not a natural fine gael supportor but in fairness I've been watching the party shin dig on RTÉ and their proposals are more free thinking and new than FFs spin & bullsh1t about "innovation ireland the knowledge economy"

adamirer

why don't you bother reading the document (launched last year) and educate yourself. The jobs are to come out of the construction and establishment of several new semi states in the new key utilities and green energy production, and the ancillary jobs that multiply out of that.

You know, key investment, ie: the stuff borrowing is supposed to be for, not the cleaning up of 13 years of FF excess, waste and bad decisions (nationalising Anglo etc) which we've borrowing billions for currently..

Why don't you now post a new thread (coz you are all about balance) about the 600,000 new jobs (or whatever) that Ahern claims credit for creating over a decade and tell me exactly FF were responsible for their creation, but not for the 300,000 losses since Cowen took over 2 years ago...

D

Deleted member 17573

why don't you bother reading the document (launched last year) and educate yourself. The jobs are to come out of the construction and establishment of several new semi states in the new key utilities and green energy production, and the ancillary jobs that multiply out of that.

You know, key investment, ie: the stuff borrowing is supposed to be for, not the cleaning up of 13 years of FF excess, waste and bad decisions (nationalising Anglo etc) which we've borrowing billions for currently..

Why don't you now post a new thread (coz you are all about balance) about the 600,000 new jobs (or whatever) that Ahern claims credit for creating over a decade and tell me exactly FF were responsible for their creation, but not for the 300,000 losses since Cowen took over 2 years ago...
Well, I can tell you one thing - if there is anything of substance in this document, the FG front benchers on the radio today knew nothing about it.

Supermanpolitician

Well, I can tell you one thing - if there is anything of substance in this document, the FG front benchers on the radio today knew nothing about it.
Like most anti-FG folks you want simplistic one line answers.

For you, Bertie Ahern provides all the solutions. For the rest of us, we want something a little more complex.

D

Deleted member 17573

Like most anti-FG folks you want simplistic one line answers.

For you, Bertie Ahern provides all the solutions. For the rest of us, we want something a little more complex.
Not anti-FG, Superman - same as I'm not anti-Aer Lingus. Just don't like the way it is being run at the moment. I thought Bruton was good on Anglo - first person I've heard come out and clearly state that the bondholders can take a hike. Whether or not we'll get away with that course I don't know but at least he nailed his colours to the mast and I began to think maybe I could vote for this guy. In fact I have repeatedly said that I would be far more likely to vote for a Bruton led FG than for one led by Enda. But, when Rachael English started asking where were the 100,000 jobs going to come from things went straight downhill. Did you hear it? Seriously, they hadn't a clue. They were trying help one another out but failed miserably. The only thing they were able to mention was the Energy sector and there's no 100k jobs there.

absconded

:mrgreen:

That's funny. But if there aren't 450,000 Irish Jobs for Irish Workers, then would you object to Irish Workers taking employment abroad?

I doubt if you've thought that far ahead, but I'd love to see how you would react to British, Australian, US, Spanish people objecting to Irish people taking their jobs.
:D

Cassandra Syndrome

Or for people who can tell the difference between "they are" and "their" perhaps?
There you ago again being rude and pedantic to another poster. Cut it out and have some manners.

FakeViking

Not anti-FG, Superman - same as I'm not anti-Aer Lingus. Just don't like the way it is being run at the moment. I thought Bruton was good on Anglo - first person I've heard come out and clearly state that the bondholders can take a hike. Whether or not we'll get away with that course I don't know but at least he nailed his colours to the mast and I began to think maybe I could vote for this guy. In fact I have repeatedly said that I would be far more likely to vote for a Bruton led FG than for one led by Enda. But, when Rachael English started asking where were the 100,000 jobs going to come from things went straight downhill. Did you hear it? Seriously, they hadn't a clue. They were trying help one another out but failed miserably. The only thing they were able to mention was the Energy sector and there's no 100k jobs there.
I'd have to agree with that.

Cassandra Syndrome

Fine Gael's job proposals is disappointing. Does nobody know in their party know that Protectionism is returning? George Lee would know this but then again what difference could have made to job creation policy when they weren't even talking to him.

Supermanpolitician

Fine Gael's job proposals is disappointing. Does nobody know in their party know that Protectionism is returning? George Lee would know this but then again what difference could have made to job creation policy when they weren't even talking to him.
Are you saying the return of Protectionism is inevitable and FG should jump on that band wagon?

Clarify!

Catalpa

B4 you go off the edge alltogether at least look up what 'xenophobic' actually means.

It slightly undermines your point otherwise.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies