Fine Gael's Rising Star in CORK South West

thetruthsback

Mr Tim Cowhig, who is an accountant by profession, is set to take the nomination for Fine Gael in Cork South West. The Bandon native has had a very successful career in the renewable energy sector. Backed by current Fine Gael TD, Mr Jim O Keffee, Mr Cowhig has topped a private party opinion poll. It's bad news for current Mayor of Cork County Council, Mr Jim Daly, who is trailing badly in third place. Daly packed in the teaching job to pursue a career in politics and may yet regret the decision. The party selection process takes place on Friday night in Dunmanaway.

True Republican

Is Sheehan running again in Cork South West, he's older than O'Keefe for crying out loud.

True Republican

Sheehans gone, nnounced it at the time of 'the incident'
Fair enough, just saw it there so will FG hold their two seats in Cork South West, its a very parohical, parish pump constituency.

True Republican

Both FGers are standing down and they will be vey lucky to hold both seats against Labour.
Can you even see FF holiding onto their one seat, might go FG 2 Labour 1.

thetruthsback

Interesting! Christy O Sullivan has a big party machine here. Son on the County Council and daughter on Clonakility Town Council. He's a reputation for hard work but if voters put country first he may go. It's a real Civil War constituency, so he may hang-on.

quitepossibly

Don't worry there's enough FF idiots around West Cork to ensure the cattle dealer is re-elected. Here are some of his achievements since entering Dail Eireann over 3 years ago:
- Convicted of drink driving
- That is all

If ever there was an ad for why we badly need to change the electoral system in this country its the constituency of Cork South West.

thetruthsback

Don't worry there's enough FF idiots around West Cork to ensure the cattle dealer is re-elected. Here are some of his achievements since entering Dail Eireann over 3 years ago:
- Convicted of drink driving
- That it all

If ever there was an ad for why we badly need to change the electoral system in this country its the constituency of Cork South West.
Disagree there, Bandon flood relief, for one. But your right to a point, he's good County Councilor material. Cowen and Martin nominated him last time and finished Denis O' Donovan's political career. Will hold his seat

quitepossibly

Disagree there, Bandon flood relief, for one. But your right to a point, he's good County Councilor material. Cowen and Martin nominated him last time and finished Denis O' Donovan's political career. Will hold his seat
Agreed County Council is his level. Like so many of our TD's he is not national legislature material. Which is proof as if proof were needed that we have way too many TD's. We just don't have the quality in the political system to justify 166 TD's.

Also agree he will hold his seat. There's enough idiots in this asylum to return at least one FF TD. FF polled the highest of all the parties in West Cork in last years locals. I'm embarressed to think I come from an area with such a clueless electorate.

thetruthsback

Agreed County Council is his level. Like so many of our TD's he is not national legislature material. Which is proof as if proof were needed that we have way too many TD's. We just don't have the quality in the political system to justify 166 TD's.

Also agree he will hold his seat. There's enough idiots in this asylum to return at least one FF TD. FF polled the highest of all the parties in West Cork in last years locals. I'm embarressed to think I come from an area with such a clueless electorate.
Well, Cowhig is a breath of fresh air. I think, it would be a good opportunity for some FF's to abandon the Civil War.

Cork1234

Get Real

Mr Tim Cowhig, who is an accountant by profession, is set to take the nomination for Fine Gael in Cork South West. The Bandon native has had a very successful career in the renewable energy sector. Backed by current Fine Gael TD, Mr Jim O Keffee, Mr Cowhig has topped a private party opinion poll. It's bad news for current Mayor of Cork County Council, Mr Jim Daly, who is trailing badly in third place. Daly packed in the teaching job to pursue a career in politics and may yet regret the decision. The party selection process takes place on Friday night in Dunmanaway.

You are so deluded its unbelievable. I dont know who you have been talking to, but you are totally inaccurate.

1) Jim O'Keeffe, has publicly backed no one. Please provide a link to your claim or retract that statement.

2) The internal poll did not place Cowhig number 1, however informed you so is lying.

3) Since the party is running 3 candidates, if Jim Daly did finish 3rd its not an issue.

4) The convention is on Friday Week, not this Friday.

5) You have failed to mention ANY of the other candidates for the convention, including a Cllr from Bandon. (There are 7 altogether)

Walkman

I thought there was talk of O'Keeffes son going for it or did he decide against it?
He'd surely have been guaranteed to get in if he ran.

Luxie

No there should be one FF.
Yep, this is West Cork, set in its ways for the forseeable. Same for Cork North West too (I'm not there but am NW by merely half a mile if I were, FF will win seats in both, mark my words) One per constituency.

CorkHurler

If I was Tim I'd be getting someone else to plant stories on my behalf, as spinning goes your account of a "private poll" and backing from Jim O'Keeffe is fairly lame.

thetruthsback

If I was Tim I'd be getting someone else to plant stories on my behalf, as spinning goes your account of a "private poll" and backing from Jim O'Keeffe is fairly lame.
Sorry, baby no plant. Nothing lame about this. Poll puts Cowhig in front, O' Sullivan second, Daly third and Murphy fourth. Names sound familiar, get a life you numpty.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies