• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Fine TDs who disrupt debates

seabhcan

Our esteemed representatives rarely turn up for work, but when they do, they insist on talking out of turn and talking over who ever is speaking (do they think they're on RTE or something?) They clearly don't care about how silly they look or sound, but we do know they care about how much they get paid.

Ming's Madness - YouTube

As Ming says in the clip - this is a farce.

They should be fined for misbehaviour.

cillian32

Its go to the stage now that whenever Mary Lou is about to speak the CC warns the FGers to not interrupt her .....they behave like spoilt kids.

milestogo

Ming has just described him as 'unprofessional', on NewsTalk.
He is.
Persistent offenders need to be called into his office and warned.
Then their party whips asked to help control them.
Then begin suspending them from the Chamber.

FakeViking

Thats not the point. Ming is a TD and he was trying to speak, and the other TDs disrupted that and brought democracy into disrepute.
Ming was just doing what he does best. Acting up for attention. No more, no less. The actions of an extrovert 16 year old.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
I think the CC sees his role as running interference for the government. He wouldn't be the first, but whatever happened to "new politics"?

corporal punishment

Who was the ignorant knob who was trying to shout down Pierce Doherty. I'd be interested to know who that was.

bob3367

Thats not the point. Ming is a TD and he was trying to speak, and the other TDs disrupted that and brought democracy into disrepute.
You clearly havent seen Costello in the Dail a few miniutes ago......

It happens and IMO does not bring democracy into disrepute, its shows the class of people we tge electorate elect.

goatstoe

Fine Gael are a feckin joke, full stop. A bunch of buffoons, as bad or worse than FF ever were. Barrett is probably the most incompetent eejit to ever serve as Ceann Comhairle.

The Owl

I have never seen such a lousy Ceann Comhairle as Seán Barrett. He seems completely inept, either that or he is totally biased because he is of course a Fine Gaeler, like the majority of the hecklers. Whilst watching Taoiseach's Questions I am at times at a loss as to what has been asked or answered because of this shower of gombeens. They shame the House, and although not alone in doing this as we all know to our cost, they shame democracy. The Independants and Sinn Féin especially are roared down as soon as they try to raise a question. Now as you know I have great difficulty in coming to terms with Sinn Féin, but I have to say, having got to know Caomhin O'Caoilin when he first started as a T.D., he was always a gentleman, and well liked by all, and Mary Lou is a brilliant speaker and to give her her dues, she stand her ground very very well. I agree with Luke on this matter. The Ceann Comhairle and the Leas Cean Comhairle are a disgrace.

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Some of the best-paid monkies in the country folks... laughing and joking about making the lives of another member of the Oireachtas' children miserable.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
The way he suspended the sitting looked like he was preventing Ming from making his point against him.

It was very, very unprofessional, and will be held against him.

Most TDs learn to live with this gurrier-like shouting across the house and there is a long tradition of tolerating it.

Ming is apparently unable or unwilling to put up with it. And fair play to him. If the only thing Ming manages to do as a TD is to put a dent in that tradition, he'll have done the Irish democratic process a service.

Last edited:

badboy2

I think it's a problem all right. I am not sure whether it's the intake of novices or just a sense of shock at being in the majority, however some peoples performance leaves a bit to be desired.

That said previous Dail's didn't need heckling because the FF appointed CC made sure no one ever got to speak out of turn.

I think its inappropriate that the CC is ever from a govt party.

Popular Threads

Most Replies