• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Finglas may twin with Pyongyang

automaticforthepeople

On the face of it they may not have anything in common, but dig deeper and there may be more. Finglas home to Brendan O'Carroll who rules the entertainment world and Pyongyang has Fat boy Kim Yong Un, Finglas used to have a creamery for Premier Dairies and DPRK is of course the land of milk and honey.
Finglas is near the airport while DPRK is big into flying missiles. Anyone with a bit of sense in Finglas legged it years ago to Ashbourne, while the brains of DPRK left yonks ago too. Cannibalism is rampant in both places. DPRK is of course renowned for diving while Finglas has produced one or two lads who can wriggle through gaps that would challenge a fly.

Talking about flies, Finglas had Dunsink dump with a fence around it while DPRK just has a fence around it. Lots in common to shoot the breeze with. Talking of shooting when they run out of bullets in Finglas they feed the victim to a pack of hungry dogs!

'I thought it was a joke at first' - The Irish village that's trying to pair with North Korea - Independent.ie

GDPR

Well done the peace loving people of Finglas for showing their solidarity with the heroic and besieged Korean people.

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com
Seoul will, no doubt twin with Glasnevin.

Levellers

My mate went to North Korea a few years ago. When he was picked up at the airport the first thing the driver/guide asked him was 'how will Manchester United do next season?'

My mate knows absolutely nothing about football but knew who I supported so he said 'not as good as West Bromwich Albion.'

'Didn't they get relegated last season?' The rest of the trip was spent in silence.

Franzoni

Seoul will, no doubt twin with Glasnevin.
Bollox to that...

Let Foxrock twin with Seoul and we can lob missiles at them....

Yanks invade the DNS......Marshall plan pt deux.....end of austerity.....

What could possibly go wrong...?

Accidental sock

As a native of Finglas, referred to by you imperialist running dogs as 'Glasnevin North'...I can confirm the most glorious magnificent truth of this story.

We, the smiling working people of Finglas East to South, shall banish our enemies, and make the joyous happy victory-time of a million successes.

(...also we'll rebuild Jannelle shopping centre).

automaticforthepeople

As a native of Finglas, referred to by you imperialist running dogs as 'Glasnevin North'...I can confirm the most glorious magnificent truth of this story.

We, the smiling working people of Finglas East to South, shall banish our enemies, and make the joyous happy victory-time of a million successes.

A true revolutionary would re-open the Gateaux factory, if cake is good enough for the bosses, it's good enough for the proletariat.
Let them eat cake, I say!

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com

And so continues the bitterness between the Finglish and the Glasnevenians. Johnstown Park is like the 38th parallel with all of the land mines in it.

greengoose2

And so continues the bitterness between the Finglish and the Glasnevenians. Johnstown Park is like the 38th parallel with all of the land mines in it.
God be with the days of the great Finglassers versus Ballymunners wars. Craigies field was oft the main battlefield. That dairy esed to be the Merville Dairy! Get the history right boy!

wombat

On the face of it they may not have anything in common, but dig deeper and there may be more. Finglas home to Brendan O'Carroll who rules the entertainment world and Pyongyang has Fat boy Kim Yong Un, Finglas used to have a creamery for Premier Dairies and DPRK is of course the land of milk and honey.
Finglas is near the airport while DPRK is big into flying missiles. Anyone with a bit of sense in Finglas legged it years ago to Ashbourne, while the brains of DPRK left yonks ago too. Cannibalism is rampant in both places. DPRK is of course renowned for diving while Finglas has produced one or two lads who can wriggle through gaps that would challenge a fly.

Talking about flies, Finglas had Dunsink dump with a fence around it while DPRK just has a fence around it. Lots in common to shoot the breeze with. Talking of shooting when they run out of bullets in Finglas they feed the victim to a pack of hungry dogs!

'I thought it was a joke at first' - The Irish village that's trying to pair with North Korea - Independent.ie
I love a positive, good news story.

GDPR

Finglas is not asking to be twined with Pyongyang. No doubt a smaller town in the countryside with be more appropriate. Well done to the people of Finglas for being so open to the world and not stuck in a NATO \ Cold War mindset. Twinning with a town in the DPRK would, without doubt, have many benefits. Indeed, in conversations with DPRK officials, they have assured me that the Irish Dept. of Foreign Affairs has excellent relations with the DPRK, and does not get sucked into the EU \ US created hostility.

Analyzer

Presumably former stickie Frank Ross is beaming with delight.

Will there be an exchange of fraternal greetings again with the Kim family ?

ireallyshouldknowbetter

I think you may have just written the Workers Party's local manifesto.

Paddyc

Bollox to that...

Let Foxrock twin with Seoul and we can lob missiles at them....

Yanks invade the DNS......Marshall plan pt deux.....end of austerity.....

What could possibly go wrong...?
DNS could win.

See Vietnam for what happens when you get invaded by the Yanks and win.

Catalpast

Presumably former stickie Frank Ross is beaming with delight.

Will there be an exchange of fraternal greetings again with the Kim family ?
IIRC he was a dab hand at touching them for a few bob....

Perhaps he could get them to pour some badly needed investment into Finglas

- say get the locals to manufacture something that would be of use over there

- like a Free Press

- of course a printing machine or 2 would come in handy.....:cool:

Notachipanoaktree

What the fu*cjk. You?, you! ye twat. You're slagging off people who would dance with the wolf for a profit or at least a bit of bread. This shi*thole is full to the brim of arrogant me and only me feiners who would and have sucked at the teat of Beelzebub herself for a couple of slivers of silver.

asset test

Well I think a shared ESB grid might be helpful to NK as a pressie from Finglas.

Anyone see the nightime sattelite view of NK?

Just listened back for a few minutes (I will never get that back now) and the proponent of this sounds JUST like Brendan O'Carroll. Maybe they are related or something.

Question is... what can NK do for Finglas? Answers on Reddit or wherever.

automaticforthepeople

I think you may have just written the Workers Party's local manifesto.
Séan Garland has the super dollars ready to go. Unfortunately the fraternal exchange of gifts last year didn't go quite as planned. WP handed over forged dollars while the DPRK gave them freshly printed Irish £5 notes......last year.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies