Finian McGrath & The League of Concerned Gobsh!tes.

gleeful

Finian McGrath has said that the problem with his plan to sort out North Korea is that he was ridiculed. ‘a sad day for democracy’ he called it. We shouldn't be so critical, he thinks, of three random fools taking a tax payer funded holiday sortie to Asia. Would the North Koreans even let them in? Doubtful.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/finian-mcgrath-ridicule-over-n-korea-plan-a-sad-day-for-democracy-1.3286992

Meanwhile, fellow 'independent' John Halligan who is defacto Jobs Minister breaks the law in job interview, gets fined 7k and who knows what level of legal bills (paid for by you and me) and the 3rd member of the trinity of gobsh1ts - Shane Ross - is yet again awol during a transport strike.

Who voted for these morons, and will anyone do so again?

Sync

What's crazy about elected officials from a partitioned country that found peace offering to act as a go between for a partitioned countries looking for peace?

I get that THESE mightn't be the guys to send, but we're a neutral country that could help in theory. I don't get what's crazy about the concept.

Deadlock

Finian McGrath has said that the problem with his plan to sort out North Korea is that he was ridiculed. ‘a sad day for democracy’ he called it. We shouldn't be so critical, he thinks, of three random fools taking a tax payer funded holiday sortie to Asia. Would the North Koreans even let them in? Doubtful.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/finian-mcgrath-ridicule-over-n-korea-plan-a-sad-day-for-democracy-1.3286992

Meanwhile, fellow 'independent' John Halligan who is defacto Jobs Minister breaks the law in job interview, gets fined 7k and who knows what level of legal bills (paid for by you and me) and the 3rd member of the trinity of gobsh1ts - Shane Ross - is yet again awol during a transport strike.

Awesome OP title Gleeful. Respect!

Northsideman

What's crazy about elected officials from a partitioned country that found peace offering to act as a go between for a partitioned countries looking for peace?

I get that THESE mightn't be the guys to send, but we're a neutral country that could help in theory. I don't get what's crazy about the concept.
Perhaps it's the 3 utter buffoons involved???

*EPIC SUCCESS*

You are quite right.

These just aren't the men for the job.

HarshBuzz

Sure if you get (the credit for) a Garda station being reopened in your constituency, then you're golden with the voters.

Focus on the idiots who elected the idiots.

im axeled

when proposing a plan, a few question need asking
is it any good
will it work
will it get up and going
does it make sence
will it result in world wide hailarity
if all the or even one above answeres yes then it should not be proposed

Deadlock

Before all this happened the only thing I knew about Halligan was he sends Christmas cards about aliens (extraterrestrials, not furriners). Somehow this fits - I'm guessing he thinks it's all just an episode of Star Trek.

https://www.joe.ie/uncategorized/beam-me-up-johnny-td-sends-some-out-of-this-world-alien-christmas-cards-30979

gleeful

That is entirely my objection. Also, the fact that no party to the Korean conflict has asked for our help, or even shows signs of having heard of our existence.

cricket

Maybe we should invite the North Koreans here instead.

Civic_critic2

Trying to stop a nuclear war that is going to involve all of us appears to be one of the few progressive things these supporters of the status quo have proposed. That they backed down because some buffoons thought it might look bad for them shows how frivolous and ineffective their effect was going to be anyway. But it was the right thing to do and others should do it. The world should involve itself instead of allowing the yanks to go ahead and get us all killed or suffer from massive radiation fallout and a nuclear winter.

bactrian

"3 idiots saving the world from Nuclear Armageddon " makes a good headline and illustrates how unimportant they are in international affairs. They , and the story, are irrelevant.

A much more important issue is John Halligan's question to a potential Parliamentary Secretary. "Are you Married"?, "Do you have Children?"

He says, and I have no reason to disbelieve, that he asked the question of male and female candidates. What is concerning, disturbing, frightening and plain mystifying is that the Government Minister(Junior), in charge of "Equality" has no concept as to why that question was inappropriate.

He should resign.

If he does not resign , he should be fired.

This is a test of Leo Varadcar.

Others before him have failed, others in other political parties have run away. I pray , I hope that Leo Varadcar will step up to the mark and insist that "EQUALITY"(it does need to be shouted) means something.

gleeful

Trying to stop a nuclear war that is going to involve all of us appears to be one of the few progressive things these supporters of the status quo have proposed. That they backed down because some buffoons thought it might look bad for them shows how frivolous and ineffective their effect was going to be anyway. But it was the right thing to do and others should do it. The world should involve itself instead of allowing the yanks to go ahead and get us all killed or suffer from massive radiation fallout and a nuclear winter.
Ultimately, if China can't control North Korea and the US, then the TD for Waterford is not going to make much headway. I doubt he'd even have been given a North Korean visa never mind getting an audience with Young Kim Un.

culmore

They are not going to Korea now as the State wont pay their way . Leo wouldn't make it a State Visit.

Deadlock

Ultimately, if China can't control North Korea and the US, then the TD for Waterford is not going to make much headway. I doubt he'd even have been given a North Korean visa never mind getting an audience with Young Kim Un.
... for which we probably ought to be VERY thankful!

Notachipanoaktree

What you all fail to realise is that Irish people have special powers. It's worrying how the f*uck we get away with it until you look at Government in Ireland, Law in Ireland, Business in Ireland. Then reality dawns, it's Leprechaun syndrome.

It's said that the God invented whiskey to stop the Irish from ruling the world. So when did we stop taking the medication, eh?

Last edited:

*EPIC SUCCESS*

Maybe we should invite the North Koreans here instead.
We already bend over and spread our rectums for the Saudis, why not the N Koreans?

Oh wait, they don't have billions in oil money to splash around.

carlovian

I didn’t even realize that it was these 3 that brought peace to Ireland.

I’ve a new view of them now.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies