• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Finnish Prime Minister Describes Irish Expectations Of A Special Deal On Banking Debt As Inappropriate

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

Finnish Prime Minister Describes Irish Expectations Of A Special Deal On Banking Debt As Inappropriate

Finnish prime minister Jyrki Katainen opposes any idea of a quick bank deal for Ireland. Jyrki Katainen said "I find it inappropriate, to try and change the rules in the middle of the game. Ireland did an excellent job with its reform programme. But the legacy debt of Irish banks are, above all, a problem of the Irish Government. How we will deal with that, we don't know yet." - Der Spiegel

Last edited:

Ribeye

Finnish prime minister Jyrki Katainen opposes any idea of a quick bank deal for Ireland. Jyrki Katainen said "I find it inappropriate, to try and change the rules in the middle of the game. Ireland did excellent job with its reform programme. But the legacy debt of Irish banks are, above all, a problem of the Irish Government. How we will deal with that, we don't know yet." - Der Spiegel
Must......think......positive,

Who cares lads, it's all a giant farce anyway, let's not stress about:)

What time does the Obama party start, that'll be fun to watch:)

Ribeye

Ryan Tubbs

Do people know how politics works? And what domestic reasons he might have for saying this?

I'd advise people not to worry unduly.

Taxi Driver

Enda is in for a rough ride. but mostly for bad timing, they are going to review the entire EU bank deal package at the next EU summit in June.

In the meantime Pat Rabbitte is hiding under a wet stone somewhere in Mayo eating his words: "As far as I am concerned I am not paying ..."
Katainen is referring to the "deal" whereby the ESM takes over the viable banks. This has never been a serious possibility.

The "deal" on the Promissory Notes is separate and is under the auspices of the ECB. There is a very strong likelihood of something happening on this but whether it will be of serious benefit remains uncertain.

Lempo

Finland have been against every proposal to fix the crisis. But stuff has been done anyway.

Mainly they are just bitter because no one helped them in the early 90's when they had a crisis - it was before they joined the EU.
Mainly they are opposing the idea of pinning them with debt they never had anything to do with in the first place.

Ribeye

Must......think......positive,

Who cares lads, it's all a giant farce anyway, let's not stress about:)

What time does the Obama party start, that'll be fun to watch:)
Yippee:)

Beyonce is performing at at the Obama party,

Such a treat for the lemmings:)

Analyzer

joemac67

Do people know how politics works? And what domestic reasons he might have for saying this?

Your advise should be taken with a pinch of salt or maybe even a lorry load of it

Marvar88

Enda is in for a rough ride. but mostly for bad timing, they are going to review the entire EU bank deal package at the next EU summit in June.

In the meantime Pat Rabbitte is hiding under a wet stone somewhere in Mayo eating his words: "As far as I am concerned I am not paying ..."
Oh FFS.

Are you thick or something?

Pat Rabbitte was referring to the Promissory Note payment in March. The Finnish PM is referring to SEPARATE negotiations regarding ESM recapitalising existing banks. So to clarify this has NOTHING to do with the Promissory notes.

Please know what you're talking before embarrassing yourself in future.

Aindriu

Yeah, they all lie through their teeth to get elected and then row back on their promises faster that Lance Armstrong crossing Tour de France line! A pox on all their houses.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies