Fintan goes full libtard.

Volatire

It has has been noted that Ireland's pseudo-liberal media elite seems to be undergoing some kind of collective breakdown. Yet this piece by the Irish Times theatre critic Fintan O'Toole takes batshít liberal crazy to whole a new level. It's almost embarrassing to draw attention to it.

Fintan has had visions. And he saw Nazis. Lots of Nazis. Everywhere, Nazis.

Fintan O’Toole: the alt-right is old fascism in new clothes

History is a zero sum game – either we subjugate them or they will subjugate us. The alt-right takes this social Darwinist mindset directly from classic fascism. Its logic, now as in the 1930s, is eliminationist: they must go and if they won’t go we have to get rid of them.
Fourth, there is the sexual pathology. Fascism reeks of male self-pity. It has always been deeply attractive to men who are insecure about their own sexuality and in particular their relationships to women. It is a magic formula for transforming the sexual neurotic into a man-god. The alt-right world is a masturbatory fantasy in which men who are afraid of women get to assert absolute power over them.
Fifth, there is the devotion to lies. Fascists have always understood that lying is not just (as it is for many conventional politicians) a tactic. It is a strategy. It is not merely about evading an inconvenient reality. It is about constructing a whole new “reality”. Alt-right should properly be alt-reality. Its primary business is the construction of a parallel world that looks like its own dark fantasies. Again, this justifies a special hatred for anyone who can challenge this construct: decadent eggheads, experts, the lamestream media. The playbook for this strategic lying has been updated for the social media age but the 1930s first editions are still the templates.
I'm not sure, but I think the "paper of record" is saying the alt-right are looking to commit genocide. Because they can't get laid. That seems to be the gist of it.

Politics.ie lis beginning to look sane by comparison.

Levellers

Fintan the Toole has pretty well summed up the right wing shrills on here.

Felixness

He's clearly getting more ''triggered'' with Trumps impending inauguration. Bless his little cotton socks.

SideysGhost

Long time since I read a decent article from O'Toole but he's spot-on here. And like Levellers said it's a brilliant description of all the angry far-right lunatics on p.ie, especially the sexual dysfunction part!

Dr Pat

Long time since I read a decent article from O'Toole but he's spot-on here. And like Levellers said it's a brilliant description of all the angry far-right lunatics on p.ie, especially the sexual dysfunction part!
Projection much? :D

riker1969

I think he sounds pathetic. Is the alt right a threat? I really dont know. Did they help Trump get elected-probably. Is Trump a threat to democracy? No evidence yet.
When a man of letters like Fintan is reduced to bringing up masturbation then you know he has had an attack of the vapers.

Would you ever fµck off with the "libtard" crap?

brughahaha

As I said before alt right and spuc on one side ........ Mulally O'Toole O'Gorman Bacik etc on the other
A plague on both of them

Rich OC

Website
www.twitter.com
It has has been noted that Ireland's pseudo-liberal media elite seems to be undergoing some kind of collective breakdown. Yet this piece by the Irish Times theatre critic Fintan O'Toole takes batshít liberal crazy to whole a new level. It's almost embarrassing to draw attention to it.

Fintan has had visions. And he saw Nazis. Lots of Nazis. Everywhere, Nazis.

Fintan O’Toole: the alt-right is old fascism in new clothes

I'm not sure, but I think the "paper of record" is saying the alt-right are looking to commit genocide. Because they can't get laid. That seems to be the gist of it.

Politics.ie lis beginning to look sane by comparison.
Politics.ie is not sane. A member using the name of one of the greatest liberals in history as his username uses the word "libtard" without a hint of irony. The place is getting dumber by the minute.

brughahaha

Felixness

It's just more of the usual clap trap, anyone who doesn't share his opinions is a facist. Funnily enough, those like Fintan and who share his views tend to be people who will have very little contact with the people they want to import. Fintan's kids will never be on a public waiting list for surgery or to see a speech and language therapist or needing help for Autism or learning difficulties.

Fintan's family will never be on a housing list being pushed further and further down because they aren't black, brown or Muslim. Fintans kids will never be waiting years to be assigned a Social Worker. Fintans parents will never spend days in a pool of their own piss on trolley in a hospital corridor waiting to be seen.

Jack Walsh

Is it supposed to be some reference to retard?
Yes it's an amalgamation of Liberal and what Trump allegedly calls his own son
Ironic or what?

Cracking piece by O'Toole and the fact that one of the site's foremost right wing nutjobs is steaming over it, proves as much.

Analyzer

What do you mean "Fintan goes full libtard" ?

Fintan was there for years.

Fintan's crowning moment came when he passed out Gormless in a rush to endorse Bertie Ahern as Head of the government after the 2007 general election.

Fintan implored plump bunny to be the Bert's Tanaiste.

Ironic or what?

Cracking piece by O'Toole and the fact that one of the site's foremost right wing nutjobs is steaming over it, proves as much.
I really don't give a damn about the OPer's politics. This is a politics website after all. It's the language. Cheap scattergun rhetoric contributes zero to any debate and others get caught in the crossfire. The use of "retard" even in this abbreviated form as a pejorative serves no positive purpose whatever.

Volatire

Ironic or what?

You're too kind.

GDPR

The endless sensitivities of the snowflake right....

The sooner this bunch of mummies boys clear off and stop winging about their made-up problems the better.

New Threads

Most Replies