Fire deaths in Clondalkin. Why was media so quick to say it was a "refuge"

asset test

We all know by now I'm sure about the tragic deaths of a pregnant woman and her daughter, along with the daughter and son of her cousin in Clondalkin.

Was it just me, or did anyone else do a double take when it was all over the media that the place where the tragedy happened was a women's refuge, or a step down facility?

I would have thought that these places would be anonymous, for obvious reasons.

Anyone think the same?

Orbit v2

There are still units in that development for refuge. Not just the apartments where the fire took place.

I always thought they would be places of refuge where no one knows the location.

I'm not quite sure what you mean..
I would've thought a refuge is just a place with a locked door. It doesn't need to be a secret location ..

asset test

I would've thought a refuge is just a place with a locked door. It doesn't need to be a secret location ..
Well that would depend on how determined the person you are fleeing from is to find you.

What addresses of refuges do you know of right now?

asset test

The bottom line is, an anonymous place of refuge can never be there anymore now.

venusian

We all know by now I'm sure about the tragic deaths of a pregnant woman and her daughter, along with the daughter and son of her cousin in Clondalkin.

Was it just me, or did anyone else do a double take when it was all over the media that the place where the tragedy happened was a women's refuge, or a step down facility?

I would have thought that these places would be anonymous, for obvious reasons.

Anyone think the same?
They are not anonymous but one would hope any unfortunate person that needs one, that their refuge address should be kept private for obvious reasons
Getting Help

asset test

They are not anonymous but one would hope any unfortunate person that needs one, that their refuge address should be kept private for obvious reasons
Getting Help
I doubt anyone here who does not need such help would have ANY clue where these places of refuge are all around the country.

Counter productive if they do. For the usual obvious fekkin reasons.

If media had not said it, would anyone have known?

stopdoingstuff

It should be. Men who beat women are often very unbalanced. We collect for one in a different part of the city and the stories would shock you.

ger12

I didn't know that until I read this thread. Maybe you should have ignored that.

Awful tragedy, RIP.

D

Deleted member 45466

I don't know why they revealed this place for what it is.

Hard for those in the same complex now obviously.
I agree.

I suspect the "refuge" bit was included because Sonas had re-housed this girl and her kids. According to the indo she was a victim of domestic abuse. That allowed the paipears to draw a parallel between it and the Tuam mother/babies abuses that have "rocked" the nation.

It's cynical, but it sells. Papers are profit making enterprises yanno.

RIP.

asset test

So the abused person who escapes with or without children should stay within the walls forever behind a security door. OK.....

sadcitizen

I hadn't thought about the implications of it being revealed as a refuge, but I did wonder why it kept being said.

ger12

ger12

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies