• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

First Men on the Moon - the story of the Apollo 11 landing

Houyhnhnm

This website has a wonderful interactive content that blends the original audio recordings of the Apollo 11 landing with a colour video film shot from the Eagle lander:

The First Men on the Moon: The Apollo 11 Lunar Landing

It runs for about 20 minutes. Be sure to visit the website wearing headphones.

The moon landings were arguably the highest point of human scientific achievement. The men who worked on the project - without a doubt some of the smartest minds who ever lived - demonstrated that there is little that humanity can't achieve when enough resources are given to the right people to achieve specific goals.

sgtharper

This website has a wonderful interactive content that blends the original audio recordings of the Apollo 11 landing with a colour video film shot from the Eagle lander:

The First Men on the Moon: The Apollo 11 Lunar Landing

It runs for about 20 minutes. Be sure to visit the website wearing headphones.

The moon landings were arguably the highest point of human scientific achievement. The men who worked on the project - without a doubt some of the smartest minds who ever lived - demonstrated that there is little that humanity can't achieve when enough resources are given to the right people to achieve specific goals.
Very interesting but set your stopwatch, there'll be some eejit along shortly to tell you it was all a con, they never went to the Moon and it was all done on a studio-set somewhere.:rolleyes:

bob3367

I actually have Armstrongs autograph, its to me and my mother got it in Cork in the early 1980's.....

kerdasi amaq

Very interesting but set your stopwatch, there'll be some eejit along shortly to tell you it was all a con, they never went to the Moon and it was all done on a studio-set somewhere.:rolleyes:
Well, only an idiot would accept at face value anything NASA tells them.

sgtharper

Originally Posted by sgtharper
Well, only an idiot would accept at face value anything NASA tells them.
Brilliant! What did I tell you!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
I'm a life long Apollo tragic. There's only a few books on the subject I haven't read (there are many).

To the naysayers I say: Where is your sense of romance? Your spirit of adventure? Where is your awe and imagination?

To the deniers I say: "I'm sorry, but there's no other conclusion that can be drawn. You're officially stupid."

Thanks for the link.

ScreeOrTalus

I'm a life long Apollo tragic. There's only a few books on the subject I haven't read (there are many).

To the naysayers I say: Where is your sense of romance? Your spirit of adventure? Where is your awe and imagination?

To the deniers I say: "I'm sorry, but there's no other conclusion that can be drawn. You're officially stupid."

Thanks for the link.
I've trolled both the lunar landings "affirmers" and the "deniers" in the past.

I think these things - 9/11, 'the Holocaust', Moon Landings - should be questioned though. It's lazy-minded to dismiss them as "conspiracy theories".

wombat

Brilliant! What did I tell you!!!! :lol::lol::lol:
One scene I always remember is in Apollo 13 is where the meeting called to figure out how to get them back breaks up and you see the guys pulling out their slide rules. My favourite quote was from John Glenn waiting for blast off."my ass was strapped to a million pieces, all supplied by the lowest bidder"

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt

I think these things - 9/11, 'the Holocaust', Moon Landings - should be questioned though. It's lazy-minded to dismiss them as "conspiracy theories".
Well, Scree. The language you use (a neat and textbook example of weasel words) exposes your thinking. You see, I am no more an Apollo "affirmer" than I am an "affirmer" of the presence of Iceland to our North East. And the "should be questioned" angle is as tawdry as the creationists' call of "teach the controversy"; There is no controversy. My 2c.

ScreeOrTalus

It isn't really.]
If Ockham was alive today he'd advocate the use of a shotgun rather than a razor for these sort of arguments.
For 9/11 maybe; but not for the Moon landings and definitely not for 'the Holocaust'.

gerhard dengler

I actually have Armstrongs autograph, its to me and my mother got it in Cork in the early 1980's.....
That autograph is valuable for several reasons.
Armstrong stopped putting his signature to a lot letters because his signature was being traded by unscrupulous people.

It is also valuable in itself! First man on the Moon etc. A great momento to have.

sgtharper

Not when the so-called "truth" as evinced by these loons is so patently bat-************************ crazy and improbable that to even give it the time of day is idiotic.

cnocpm

That autograph is valuable for several reasons.
Armstrong stopped putting his signature to a lot letters because his signature was being traded by unscrupulous people.

It is also valuable in itself! First man on the Moon etc. A great momento to have.
His Hancock on a postcard just went for $2,400.

ScreeOrTalus

Some day I'll have to do up a matrix of your posts to gauge exactly the ratio of troll to fruit loop you are.
Or you could investigate these things for yourself?

sgtharper

Or you could investigate these things for yourself?
Yes, and while he's at it he could ponder on whether the Earth really is a globe and whether or not there's anything in all this talk about so-called "Gravity" eh?:rolleyes:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies