• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Fitch: Ireland outlook upgraded from negative to stable

sport02

An update from the rating agencies in the eurozone. This time it's not a downgrade of any EZ country but Ireland's negative outlook raised to stable.

David Murphy ‏@davidmurphyRTE
Ratings agency Fitch moves outlook on Ireland from negative to stable. Good news ahead of treasury bill auction by NTMA tomorrow
Twitter / davidmurphyRTE: Ratings agency Fitch moves ...

Owen Callan ‏@OwenCallan
Ireland upgrade in outlook (from neg to stable) by FITCH is first on periphery since crisis started i think?
https://twitter.com/OwenCallan/status/268766496501678082

Fitch revises Ireland's outlook to stable from negative, affirms BBB+

cogar

Well done Ireland. I am sure that the usual 'suspects' will disparage this progress.

Iarmhi Gael

What great news and may I be the first to congradulate the Irish people and the Irish Government who have had the resolve, patience and courage to confront their problems head on and face them maturely. As has been documented globally we are a nation to be held up accross the globe as to how to deal with fiscal problems. With our banks going back to the markets yesterday and this now - we continue to make small steps out of the problems brought on by greedy bankers, people with no regard for debt and a corrupt FF government

Well done Mr Kenny & Mr Gilmore in the face of so much adversity your leadership has never waned.

Well done Ireland. I am sure that the usual 'suspects' will disparage this progress.
Anything that helps Ireland borrow at a lower rate eventually is very welcome. However I highly doubt Ireland is stable, I don't think it (or the ratings agencies, which themselves have an awful track record and should really be ignored) truly understands the precariousness of its position or the unfeasability of paying off its debt.

What great news and may I be the first to congradulate the Irish people and the Irish Government who have had the resolve, patience and courage to confront their problems head on and face them maturely. As has been documented globally we are a nation to be held up accross the globe as to how to deal with fiscal problems.

Well done Mr Kenny & Mr Gilmore in the face of so much adversity your leadership has never waned.
Why aren't you profusely thanking the late Brian Lenihan seeing as it is essentially his process Fine Gael are following?

cogar

borderbadger: It means much more than 'diddly squat'. It means that we can return to the markets and regain our economic sovereignty. Would you not welcome that?

Pat Gill

Website
www.energyco-ops.ie
Twitter
Pat_Gill
Fitch throw a huge spanner in the works although.

https://twitter.com/ianguider/status/268774726946660352
Are the markets now preparing to accept a eurozone minus Greece ??

That seems to be the implication here,

Furthermore, Fitch assumes there will be progress in deepening fiscal and financial integration at the eurozone level in line with commitments by euro area policy makers. It also assumes that the risk of fragmentation of the eurozone remains low and is not incorporated into Fitch's current rating of Ireland, although Fitch's 'CCC' rating of Greece reflects a material risk of a Greek exit from the eurozone over the next few years.

TEXT-Fitch revises Ireland's outlook to stable from negative | Reuters

Nemesiscorporation

An update from the rating agencies in the eurozone. This time it's not a downgrade of any EZ country but Ireland's negative outlook raised to stable.

Twitter / davidmurphyRTE: Ratings agency Fitch moves ...

https://twitter.com/OwenCallan/status/268766496501678082

If someone in India organises a Boycott of Irish goods, then the outlook will be towards basketcase.

bluefirelog

This is good news. We need this if we are to emerge from this crises and it should be welcomed.

Hewson

I realise that this might seem like a chink of light in the tunnel, but would people please remember that Rating Agencies have credibility on the same level as Bernie Madoff.

They're run by ex-bankers and ex-hedge fund managers who are paid by the same gamblers who caused the whole fokken mess.

bluefirelog

I realise that this might seem like a chink of light in the tunnel, but would people please remember that Rating Agencies have credibility on the same level as Bernie Madoff.

They're run by ex-bankers and ex-hedge fund managers who are paid by the same gamblers who caused the whole fokken mess.
I think the credibility of Rating Agencies has been exposed. Notwithstanding that, given that internationally they are still allowed to continue, we need them on our sides. This is an essential part of the process towards recovery.

bluefirelog

So any of you who are so delighted for Enda Kenny and Eamon Gilmore prepared to give any credit to Brian Lenihan for pretty much designing the process they are pursuing?
Who says any of us are delighted for Enda and Eamon? A credit rating agency has moved the outlook for Ireland from negative to stable. We're happy for ourselves and for the state because this is an important step on the road to recovery and we want to see this country regain its independence. It doesn't really matter which politicians take the decisions as long as whoever is in power does the right thing in the interests of the nation.

Iarmhi Gael

So any of you who are so delighted for Enda Kenny and Eamon Gilmore prepared to give any credit to Brian Lenihan for pretty much designing the process they are pursuing?
Hi Toxic - I think you'll agree that the former Minister deserves no credit for his time as Minister as was him who steamrolled the Bank Guarantee.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies