Fitzgerald and O'Sullivan VS.the AGSI (How prepared are the Gardai against Isil?)

venusian

Fitzgerald and O'Sullivan VS.the AGSI (How prepared are the Gardai against Isil?)

P.iesters who do you believe?

Twins divided at birth, Frances Fitzgerald and Noirin O'Sullivan (I feel so safe with a statement coming from a Commissioner who can't even find her work phone!):roll: insists the gardaí have all the capacity required to deal with the Isil threat.

But....according to the AGSI, front line gardaí have received no counter-terrorism training and are inadequately equipped to deal with an Isil attack, according to the body representing Garda sergeants and inspectors:roll:

According to press reports and PAC both have been exposed publicly as liars.:roll:

Who do you believe the minister and her political appointee or the AGSI?:confused:

Dame_Enda

Agsi

Catalpast

Its almost impossible to be prepared for all situations

- esp with this kind of asymmetric warfare now being waged on the West

But that being said the State needs to seriously upgrade its defenses

And clamp down on those likely to cause Trouble here

Its just too easy for someone of evil intent to come in here incognito

- and go undercover...

After all if there not here in the first place

- then they cant do us any harm.....:cool:

-

cabledude

Its all good. They did a paper exercise.

venusian

Its almost impossible to be prepared for all situations

- esp with this kind of asymmetric warfare now being waged on the West

But that being said the State needs to seriously upgrade its defenses

And clamp down on those likely to cause Trouble here

Its just too easy for someone of evil intent to come in here incognito

- and go undercover...

After all if there not here in the first place

- then they cant do us any harm.....:cool:

-
Fair comment but who do you believe?

TheWolf

Twins divided at birth, Frances Fitzgerald and Noirin O'Sullivan (I feel so safe with a statement coming from a Commissioner who can't even find her work phone!):roll: insists the gardaí have all the capacity required to deal with the Isil threat.

But....according to the AGSI, front line gardaí have received no counter-terrorism training and are inadequately equipped to deal with an Isil attack, according to the body representing Garda sergeants and inspectors:roll:

According to press reports and PAC both have been exposed publicly as liars.:roll:

Who do you believe the minister and her political appointee or the AGSI?:confused:
Fitzer and her dog are still fighting a war against the PIRA ffs.
I wouldn't believe a word that comes from either of them.

If the commissioner was doing her job correctly how come it's taken until today, after another dose of bad publicity, to announce extra resources to counter the ISIS threat?

Half Nelson

NOS can't make the link between terrorism and any particular religion.

We're off to a great start.

Lara2

I believe Dr Tom Clonan the security analyst who was on Late Debate last night.
Well worth a listen if you have the time:

RTÉ Radio Player

GDPR

These are the people who allowed Narco-terrorist gangs in Dublin to be a serious threat to the rule of Law and society in an anyway meaningful sense, because they were to busy fighting the Civil War and so going after stupidly romantic Dissos more than anyone else.

TheWolf

These are the people who allowed Narco-terrorist gangs in Dublin to be a serious threat to the rule of Law and society in an anyway meaningful sense, because they were to busy fighting the Civil War and so going after stupidly romantic Dissos more than anyone else.
Sure FFG and labour were courting a disso, and allowing her free access to Leinster House, in order to protect their little axis of collusion from the shinners, ffs.
Then they made her a senator!

The_SR

I simply don't believe the Gardai on the ground have no training and there are no contingency plans in place. That is not to say it's sufficient, but I can't help but think the AGSI are playing the 'more resources' card quite irresponsibily. Could they put ideas in people's heads?

I get the feeling G2 and Branch are more on top of this than they get credit for, which suits them.

eoghanacht

darkhorse

O'Sullivan is making a fool of herself again
But the MoJ is obliged to support the Gardai in all circumstances

mangaire2

neither of em.

the Minister & Commissioner have proved long ago that they can't be trusted
however, the main interest of the Garda Unions, is how much they can make out of it in overtime, expenses etc.

tipofdiceberg

Excellent OP
Perhaps the rank and file gardai will make their voices heard on this thread.

firefly123

I simply don't believe the Gardai on the ground have no training and there are no contingency plans in place. That is not to say it's sufficient, but I can't help but think the AGSI are playing the 'more resources' card quite irresponsibily. Could they put ideas in people's heads?

I get the feeling G2 and Branch are more on top of this than they get credit for, which suits them.
Well considering DFB would be the lead EMS response for Dublin and have had no mass casualty exercises or retraining I can confidently say the cops aren't lying.

The_SR

Well considering DFB would be the lead EMS response for Dublin and have had no mass casualty exercises or retraining I can confidently say the cops aren't lying.
What further training is required? How systemically different is it to a large pile up, gas explosion or apartment building fire?

He repeats I don't think we are sufficiently ready, if you can be, but no training? At all?

New Threads

Most Replies