• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Five Top Level Civil Servants Oppose Real Reform Of Public Sector And Block Full Banking Inquiry

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

John Dreenan reports today that the chairperson of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) John McGuinness claims that at least five top level civil servants oppose real reform of the public sector and block a full banking inquiry.

Watch honesty, integrity, impartiality, respect for the law, respect for persons, diligence, responsiveness and accountability in Ireland go down the tubes once again...

Mushroom

John Dreenan reports today that the chairperson of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) John McGuinness claims that at least five top level civil servants oppose real reform of the public sector and block a full banking inquiry.

Watch honesty, integrity, impartiality, respect for the law, respect for persons, diligence, responsiveness and accountability in Ireland go down the tubes once again...
If John McGuinness told me that it was snowing heavily outside, I'd put on sunscreen.

And if John Drennan told me that John McGuinness had told him that it was snowing heavily outside, then I'd turn off my central heating and open my car's sunroof.

mary_queen_of_the_gael

Several top civil servants refused to cooperate with the various enquiries. A mature country would have arrested and jailed them for contempt at the very least. The odd thing is the only politician of recent time who kicked civil service butt was the Squire Haughey.
Once a few top civil servants were done under CAB etc, the rest would quickly fold. Their strength is an illusion, depending as it ultimately does on Red coat type strong arm thuggery.

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

If John McGuinness told me that it was snowing heavily outside, I'd put on sunscreen.

And if John Drennan told me that John McGuinness had told him that it was snowing heavily outside, then I'd turn off my central heating and open my car's sunroof.

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

Several top civil servants refused to cooperate with the various enquiries. A mature country would have arrested and jailed them for contempt at the very least. The odd thing is the only politician of recent time who kicked civil service butt was the Squire Haughey.
Once a few top civil servants were done under CAB etc, the rest would quickly fold. Their strength is an illusion, depending as it ultimately does on Red coat type strong arm thuggery.
McGuinness should name the five top level civil servants he is blaming for obstructing the investigation. Next, they should be fired.

dresden8

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

This is all part of McGuinness' and the Indo's campaign to absolve FF for the state of the country and put it on "top" civil servants.

http://www.politics.ie/forum/current-affairs/172922-senior-civil-servants-used-ministers-glove-puppets-says-john-mcguinness.html

FF politicians allegedly couldn't control their civil servants but had absolutely no qualms about taking the money.

McGuinness is a spoofer. And we all know what Drennan and the Indo are.
so what's the logic here? FF blames civil servants, civil servants can't defend themselves publicly and get a bad reputation? John McGuinness certainly has a tainted allegiance here and should not lead this investigation but the banking investigation needs to get going.

dresden8

so what's the logic here? FF blames civil servants, civil servants can't defend themselves publicly and get a bad reputation? John McGuinness certainly has a tainted allegiance here and should not lead this investigation but the banking investigation needs to get going.
Indeed, but the "nothing to do with us, gov" from that FF scumbag McGuinness is nauseating.

Abaddon

Not just civil servants but also ex-taoisigh. Liam Cosgrave FG refused to co-operate with the Barron inquiry.

pippakin

I can't recall another country where the civil service has so much power. Its not in the legislation, should there be any doubt about that we do have legislators, very expensive legislators at that.

I'm surprised Kenny and his lapdog would allow themselves to be brow beaten by civil servants.

stopdoingstuff

The issue is not who is saying but whether it is true or false.

Thomaso12

Our goverment need to grow a pair and stop sucking up to the twits so called lobby groups who only care about their luxary houses.

While were on it all lobby groups should be dismantled till their they acturally so thinking their politicans.

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

Our goverment need to grow a pair and stop sucking up to the twits so called lobby groups who only care about their luxary houses.

While were on it all lobby groups should be dismantled till their they acturally so thinking their politicans.
what we need is a strong anti corruption unit, I am happy to pay another 100 Euro tax if they propose such group. with a reward for every conviction.

lying eyes

We all know that the Civil Service is not fit for purpose, look at the services we recieve from the State, all are pathetic and no sign of any improvement. Where are all the Quangoes .........Still in place, feeding the Dossers.