• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Flannery should Go - Today

Should Flannery go?

• No

Votes: 62 72.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fgrep

Its is alll very well for Flannery to be involved in candidate selection, however when he strays into the world of policy making he is getting far too big for his boots. Flannery believes he is Fine Gael.
Well he is not, he is an unelected advisor. His advice , which he gave to the Mail regarding coalition with Sinn Fein, is unacceptable. Enda should sack him, demote him or otherwise create distance from him. He should do it today.

greengoose2

Its is alll very well for Flannery to be involved in candidate selection, however when he strays into the world of policy making he is getting far too big for his boots. Flannery believes he is Fine Gael.
Well he is not, he is an unelected advisor. His advice , which he gave to the Mail regarding coalition with Sinn Fein, is unacceptable. Enda should sack him, demote him or otherwise create distance from him. He should do it today.
Magnificent display of self righteous indignation.

Whatever it is that Enda should do I am sure he will but that does not mean that he will sack. Flannery

topcat4

Flannery is there to throw ideas like that out, he is only performing a function. He kept FG as the top news story all day yesterday and probably today as well. There is no such thing as bad publicity 5-6 days before an election.

kerrynorth

Flannery is there to throw ideas like that out, he is only performing a function. He kept FG as the top news story all day yesterday and probably today as well. There is no such thing as bad publicity 5-6 days before an election.
I think you will find that this will backfire on FG.

Iarmhi Gael

I think you will find that this will backfire on FG.
Why do you say that KN. I hope you are wrong. We will lose some 1st preference votes but we may now stand to get some SF 2nd preferences.

I personally think there is something behind this by FG. Flannery ain't that stupid. I think personally they are looking for and need SF second prefernces to bring Donohue home.

TradCat

If the numbers were right they would do it. Let's not kid ourselves. But given the demise of FF it's hard to see how it could even be an issue.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
This is a real test of Kenny's leadership. If he lets Flannery stay, it's endorsing Flannery's position. This is not playing well with FG's core supporters.

Catalpa

Maybe not as far fetched as one might think.

FG cut a deal with Clan na Poblachta in the 40s and neither side batted an eyelid...

TBH though its a long way down the road IMO

I don't think Kenny would cut a deal with SF that involved Cabinet seats anyway.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
I think it was a strange thing by Flannery to do - but he is entitled to publish opinions under his own name, and to date he has shown very good judgement.

This is one event & calling for an immediate resignation here seems hasty, and one wonders at your motives

cYp

TradCat

I don't think Enda Kenny is going to be panicked into sacking him. That would be insane. It's one thing to have a policy but quite another to say nobody is entitled to express an opinion on it.

We have far more serious business to do next Thursday than indulging in teacup storms over highly unlikely scenarios.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com

wombat

We have far more serious business to do next Thursday than indulging in teacup storms over highly unlikely scenarios.
Keep the eye on the ball, we need to get as many votes as possible, not get distracted into worrying about a situation which won't happen.

bobtipp

Why do we in the south.want the d.u.p. And other unionist parties to share power with sinn fein in the north,but are outraged if it is suggested down here,typical ff double standards.minister ahern give us a break and stop this gobheen polictics

When I read the header I thought the issue was that Jerry had recovered and the question was whether or not he should be heading off to SA to add some PMA to the Lions. Cheers.

alexo

Debate within parties is a good thing. I disagree with him totally, but coming form the opposite direction, however you should not sack somebody for expressing an opinion.

Also the opinion expressed is hardly earth shattering is it. If the DUP can go into power with SF then what should stop FG, especailly given that they work with SF councillors, TD's and a senator constantly.

feet first

This is a real test of Kenny's leadership. If he lets Flannery stay, it's endorsing Flannery's position. This is not playing well with FG's core supporters.

Keith m you really are a beauty,

Probably the least qualified person to purport to air the views of FG's core supporters. However your hypocrocy is consistent.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Keep the eye on the ball, we need to get as many votes as possible, not get distracted into worrying about a situation which won't happen.
The genie is out of the bottle now. The only way that EK can sort this and re-assure FG voters is to sack FF. FF will understand this action is necessary, he's been around the block.