• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Flighfest. Dublin September 15th (Airshow)

belfast1981

FlightFest, a once-in- a-lifetime, international fly past, will take place in the centre of Dublin City on Sunday, 15th September 2013.

Modelled on the fly-past which took place during the Queen’s Jubilee celebrations, a selection of large aircraft will fly over the main display area (East Link Bridge - Custom House).

This will be a truly historic event involving more than 30 aircraft flying along the path of the River Liffey right through the centre of Dublin. FlightFest is expected to be one of the largest National events of ‘The Gathering Ireland 2013’ and is expected that thousands of people from Dublin, all over Ireland and abroad, will line the banks of the River Liffey from Dublin Port up to the Customs House.
Home | Flight Fest

Great line up of planes.. B17. Spitfire, C130 Along with Irish AirCorps and a lot of civilian aircraft. Airbus A380 is all but confirmed also for the event. Seems like a great day out to Dublin. For those who know me from the NI section, you know I have a huge interest in Aircraft.

Anyone going to check this out?

drummed

Spitfire????????? Is that a replica or an extremely rare original?

Analyzer

lern howe two spel.....

hiding behind a poster

Home | Flight Fest

Great line up of planes.. B17. Spitfire, C130 Along with Irish AirCorps and a lot of civilian aircraft. Airbus A380 is all but confirmed also for the event. Seems like a great day out to Dublin. For those who know me from the NI section, you know I have a huge interest in Aircraft.

Anyone going to check this out?
An A380 doing a flypast over Dublin City? Coooooool.......... what altitude?

(by the way, you can probably guarantee there'll be a strong southerly wind that day - Murphy's law)

eyelight

I've seen the B-17 Sally B at low altitude before. Well worth a trip to see.
Saw the BBMF Avro Lancaster recently too.
[video=youtube;_ehhCvqDjw4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ehhCvqDjw4[/video]
Weird camera shutter effect with the propellors here.

Also saw the Breitling Wingwalkers, which I hadn't expected to be so cool.
[video=youtube;CGigwWaxbKU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGigwWaxbKU[/video]

Last edited:

nonpartyboy

The last Airshow i remember was at Baldonnel, dublin city centre seems like an awful stupid place to have an airshow......shades of the f1 racing thing here.

belfast1981

Spitfire????????? Is that a replica or an extremely rare original?
Real Spitfire, there are many still flying. Newcastle in NI got one last year and it did a low fly pass (slightly against regulation) as it came right over the beach at about 15 foot. Amazing site. They have the Seafire (Marine spitfire) this year too. A380 is not 100% confirmed but expected that it will be according to a few pilots etc.

I saw the B17 a few times, but never in my adult life. Newcastle has the Vulcan coming too in the Summer. There was talk about it coming for the Dublin show, but sadly not.

belfast1981

Big bump, but amazing news. Dublin Flightfest last night announced that the Vulcan has been confirmed for the Dublin flypast. This will be an amazing sight. It is in its last ever guaranteed year of flying, and is the worlds last remaining air worthy Vulcan.

The Vulcan has not graced Irish skies be it Northern or Republic skies in 25 years, and now it will be here twice (Newcastle Co Down) in the space of just 35 days...

Catalpast

Big bump, but amazing news. Dublin Flightfest last night announced that the Vulcan has been confirmed for the Dublin flypast. This will be an amazing sight. It is in its last ever guaranteed year of flying, and is the worlds last remaining air worthy Vulcan.

The Vulcan has not graced Irish skies be it Northern or Republic skies in 25 years, and now it will be here twice (Newcastle Co Down) in the space of just 35 days...
Count me in so!:D

er hang on a minute...

Why September 15th?

hmmm

Whatever about sight, the Vulcan will be the loudest thing you've probably ever heard.

venusian

Whatever about sight, the Vulcan will be the loudest thing you've probably ever heard.
Its a noisy old bus all right!

Loudest aircraft I ever heard were 3 Tornado's with full after burners on flying at extremely low level in a valley in Wales some years ago:lol:

TheWexfordInn

I note this is on the same day as the Southport air show just across the Irish sea, I guess the planes displaying will be flying in both, looking at the lineups there is a lot of overlap.
Watch out in particular for the Vulcan, its quite a sight with its unfeasibly huge wings it looks like something from a Science fiction film and this is the last chance you will ever get to see one, the only one remaining in service has reached the end if its service life and this is the last season it will be flying.

belfast1981

Its a noisy old bus all right!

Loudest aircraft I ever heard were 3 Tornado's with full after burners on flying at extremely low level in a valley in Wales some years ago:lol:
I had 2 GR4's fly right over my work a few weeks back with full after burners on... holy frick, they were bloody loud. It had been years since I saw one (and never 2 together) I had forgotten how loud they actually were. It was an amazing sound to behold. I last saw the Vulcan in 1984/85...I was 3/4 years old so yea... I can't wait to see it twice this year :F

belfast1981

Full line up as of friday past 37 aircraft so far. The 787 dreamliner may also be included.

I saw the Vulcan for the first time in my adult life last month (I saw it as a child in 85) and it was amazing! I got tickets for a ground tour at Aldergrove and getting right up close to it was a fantastic moment.

The howl of the engines and the sight of it as it came through the Mourne Mountains.. I'll never forget that.

The F86 Sabre and Hunter Hawker are also fantastic. Really looking forward to the B17. Been many years since I saw her (95 in Newtonards I believe)