• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Florida: Mass Shooting at Teen Club

HereWeGoAgain

At least two people were killed and more than a dozen others injured in a shooting outside of a Florida nightclub early Monday, officials said.
The gunshots were fired in the parking lot of Club Blu in Fort Myers at around 12:30 a.m. ET.

Fort Myers Police Department said in a statement that "at least 14-16 people" were wounded in the shooting, with their injuries ranging from minor to life-threatening. NBC station WBBH reported that both of those killed were male.

Shots were also fired — lightly injuring another person — five blocks away from the nightclub, police said.

Three people were detained for questioning early Monday.

Gabrielle Shirley ‏@GabrielleNBC2 13m13 minutes ago
We are on the scene of a shooting at Club Blu in Fort Myers. We know 2 people are dead and 14 to 16 others are hurt

The incident is thought to have taken place during a 'teen night' at the club, with some of the people at the event as young as 13.

One witness says that she heard around 30 gunshots from the scene and believes that these came from a number of weapons.
All injured shooting victims in area hospitals. Have minor to life-threatening wounds. Some by ambulance, some drove themselves
- wink News twitter

1 suspect detained in nightclub shooting, 1 still on the run. Search along Ortiz Ave, closed between Luckett and Ballard Rd.
WINK News ‏@winknews 37m37 minutes ago
UPDATE: 2 other subjects along Ortiz Ave have been located and detained about nightclub shooting. Area safe but road still closed.

Link: Fort Myers Nightclub Shooting: 2 Dead, at Least 14 Others Wounded - NBC News
https://twitter.com/GabrielleNBC2
Two killed in Florida nightclub shooting
https://twitter.com/winknews

ShoutingIsLeadership

Any Muzzie angle?

This happened over an hour ago, yet no thread from p.ie's terror-fearing posters.

One can but wonder why.

Last edited:

edifice.

What type of weapon(s) used I wonder?

ShoutingIsLeadership

I can but assume a deep sense of shock.

No obscure muzzie-related quote on Twitter, yet?

Equinox

I can but assume a deep sense of shock.

No obscure muzzie-related quote on Twitter, yet?
You're some hypocritical tosser aren't you? In to gloat over the still warm corpses of children to score points in EXACTLY the same manner you purport to criticize others for doing.

ShoutingIsLeadership

You're some hypocritical tosser aren't you? In to gloat over the still warm corpses of children to score points in EXACTLY the same manner you purport to criticize others for doing.

Gloating? Asking a question. Wondering why the double standards.

HereWeGoAgain

I opened the thread SIL. I thought it significant enough, that young people, aged between 13 - 27 were gunned down at an event where they felt safe. I have no idea at this point who is responsible and will update the OP when that information comes available.

I understand why people are reluctant to open new threads on this site; you're damned if you do and damned if you don't .... just can't win.

Sympathy to loved ones and families involved.

Equinox

Sure butter wouldn't melt in your mouth I'd say. Zip yourself up, your hypocrisy is showing. It's far too eary to say anyting about this incident unless wild hyperbole, rank speculation and a dose of whataboutery is your thing, which it clearly is.

Sexual Harassment Panda

At a guess this is just the more usual mass shooting rather than a Muslim Extremist but I haven't seen much about it.

America has so many problems right now.

ShoutingIsLeadership

I opened the thread SIL. I thought it significant enough, that young people, aged between 13 - 27 were gunned down at an event where they felt safe. I have no idea at this point who is responsible and will update the OP when that information comes available.

I understand why people are reluctant to open new threads on this site; you're damned if you do and damned if you don't .... just can't win.

Sympathy to loved ones and families involved.
Not directed at you, HWGA; a fine detailed OP, once again from you - as reflects the standard of your posting.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Sure butter wouldn't melt in your mouth I'd say. Zip yourself up, your hypocrisy is showing. It's far too eary to say anyting about this incident unless wild hyperbole, rank speculation and a dose of whataboutery is your thing, which it clearly is.

Yes, because there is never speculation on p.ie.

Never. Not ever.

Apart from threads opened as "terrorism" threads, even when the police has said that it's not terrorism.

You won't muzzle me.

HereWeGoAgain

Terrible for the kids and their families ....

As an aside - this happened at 12:30 AM - what the hell were very young children (one aged 12?) doing there?
Cruimh, perhaps you're not a parent of a 13year old? ..... there are end of year, camp celebrations that go on after midnight for such age groups. Supervised events, etc. In this case, they were a 'soft' target.

(I saw ages mentioned as between 13 - 27, perhaps the 27 yr old was a supervisor).

Analyzer

Any Muzzie angle?

This happened over an hour ago, yet no thread from p.ie's terror-fearing posters.

One can but wonder why.
Sorry, but is this some sort of joke ?

ShoutingIsLeadership, I think you are severely lacking in what is termed "cop-on".

You are a sick person.

GDPR

Pie has now become the Atrocity of the Day site.

Unless people have something relevant to say about a particular murder spree, and in general they dont, I suggest they set up a Ghouls Forum where they can indulge their macabre obsessions to their hearts content.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies