Flying and The Green Agenda

McTell

Twitter
No
Carbon tax on airplane fuel is the obvious solution, but it would have to be co-ordinated, because otherwise the planes would tend to refuel elsewhere.
//

We have a tax on kerosene / jet fuel, if you use it in your central heating.

But not if ryanair uses it in a plane. The reason is the airlines said long ago that if a tax was imposed they could refuel in another country ... so it's safest to have no tax.

Plus, most of the airlines in the EU belonged to states, and this was a back-door "state aid".

Maybe someone with kerosene central heating could claim that it is an experimental aircraft that is still without its wings?

General Urko

Should we ban all business class flights, now that we've had the ability Skype and teleconference for a long time?

In truth there is bugger all reason why anyone should fly across the Atlantic for a meeting.

Ex-girlfriend of mine worked for a major pharma company. Half her team were based in London, the other half in the States somewhere. So what the company did was to arrange team meetings alternating in location between the US and the UK. So basically they had people either flying across the Atlantic one way or the other each month just to have a team meeting.

Personally I'd like to see whoever organised that taken out and shot in a field for expensive stupidity. On grounds of cost-saving alone.
The lovely EU Parliament really needs to introduce this pronto from the ministry of the bleeding obvious and of course slash the gravy train merchants salaries, expenses, perks and pensions accordingly!

General Urko

Carbon tax on airplane fuel is the obvious solution, but it would have to be co-ordinated, because otherwise the planes would tend to refuel elsewhere.

I see Sweden climate girl Greta Thunberg is setting off across the Atlantic in a small boat to attend a climate conference in the USA.
Not safe or comfortable, especially this late in the year, with storms coming in earlier than usual this year as we start to approach the autumn.

If she survives, and gets there, I hope the other delegates on this junket are thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

Really somebody from child protection services should have a word with the parents. When was the last time she attended school?
Unfortunately the Swedish social services seem to have have become so left wing that they can't see the wood for the trees.
This girl is not a hero of green/left political movements. She is a victim of their hypocrisy.
Due to her autistic tendencies, she has taken their narrative seriously, even when the rest of them don't.
I'd love to see the 2 Gonzaga Boyz go to meetings in currachs/rowing boats!
But for some reason/other can't see it happening!

Sweet Darling

Has anyone done the maths on the fat obeasts and their impact on the earths resources. Like would they do more damage then say a small family car.
Taken into account the amount of fertilizers, and Herbicides needed to feed the Grease sweaters, energy and resources needed to meet their medical needs.
Would be a interesting exercise.

gijoe

I wonder how is Greta getting back or will the media be distracted enough to not ask that question??

General Urko

I hope they put up the taxes on flying.

Aviation wasn't for slum dwellers back in the day. Now any scumbag can get on a Ryanair flight if they have 20 euro to spare.

Lot at the birkenhead scum in this video. Loads of them ten years on the Dole before Thatcher came to power.

I remember my old mate Bronco804 was working as a site engineer in Kirby back in 80s on social housing projects. Within 3 months of the job being finished the locals would block up the sewers so they go on the housing list. They wanted to go back to the city centre.

Are these the type of people who should be let anywhere near an aircraft?
Hyper Chavs can just about get to the local chippy/office, never mind the airport.

My notion of a population transfer, exchanging about the 250K absolute fooking rubbish we have incl many of the official great and good for an equal number of genuinely top class folk from developing nations wouldn't have as big a negative impact on those places because most of our Koontz wouldn't be able to get out of the foreign airport!

recedite

I wonder how is Greta getting back or will the media be distracted enough to not ask that question??
I'm guessing she will make her triumphant return to Europe on the back of a friendly dolphin.
Or perhaps even on a narwhal, which is a cross between a dolphin and a unicorn.
"Whats that you are saying Flipper; Thanks for saving the world? Oh, you're welcome."

McTell

Twitter
No
That yacht is mostly made from carbon fibre, that takes the rest of us 14 times more energy to make than steel.

But this story isn't about the rest of us, is it?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies