Fogra Fianna Fáil

VoteFFno1

Website
www.fiannafail.ie
Fogra FiannaFail | Facebook

Found this on facebook

It's interesting

In March of 1926 Eamon de Valera resigned as leader of Sinn Féin and took rapid steps to establish a new national movement. His vision was to set about building a national movement by reorganising a large portion of the population which had become disenfranchised and disillusioned with politicians who failed to represent their views and build an Ireland that would reflect the desires of a newly independent country.

Almost 84 years later this organisation has been established to examine the founding principles of our party to ensure the future survival of Fianna Fáil and to promote the democratic principle of this nations representative democracy; "government of the people, by the people, for the people."
This is a call out to all Fianna Fail's grass roots members... Let's not allow the party to slip any further. It's time to stand up and be counted. Reclaim our Party Now!

Tomas Mor

is this an SOS distress call ?

Rosmuc

Fogra FiannaFail | Facebook

Found this on facebook

It's interesting
Dev set up The Irish Press with American $ in return for worthless shares why he & his family pocketed the real shares for themselves, a tradition that continued up to this very day when FF finally bankrupted Ireland.

JandK

Just a heads up: if you want to reclaim your party and restore it and all, a good 20 year spell in opposition should help.

You're welcome :)

newell666

De Valera is spinning in his grave at the betrayal of the Republic by his successors in Fianna Fail.
Sinn Fein is still here and still has idealistic supporters.
I imagine that if De Valera was resurrected, he'd join Sinn Fein.
There's a song: a Shinner once again.....

JandK

De Valera is spinning in his grave at the betrayal of the Republic by his successors in Fianna Fail.
Sinn Fein is still here and still has idealistic supporters.
I imagine that if De Valera was resurrected, he'd join Sinn Fein.
There's a song: a Shinner once again.....
Well, SF in 2010 look very much like FF in 1926, so yes you're probably right.

newell666

Well, SF in 2010 look very much like FF in 1926, so yes you're probably right.
Except that SF is a 32 county Ireland party as opposed to the provincial FF.
Maybe that's why SF will survive.

The Dude

We understand grass roots members impatience as a result of our reluctance to name our founding members immediately. We will not make any announcement that might act to disrupt the budget. The grass roots will get the opportunity to nominate and directly elect a committee at the earliest possible opportunity. Please continue to spread the word!
42 minutes ago
Spoofing or senior members starting something?

JandK

SF will always survive in Northern Ireland even if their fortunes take a turn for the worse in the Republic in the future.

I don't think the fact that one party exists in just one state while the other exists in two is going to make much of a difference in terms of survival in Republic politics though. That depends on what SF do if and when they achieve government.

flavirostris

I'm not sure if FF will survive a prolonged period in opposition. Power is what keeps the whole coalition together.
We know that FG & Labour can survive long periods in opposition because they have ideology and policy to fall back on but power & patronage is the only thing keeping the FF machine going.

Luigi Vampa

No to anything or anyone quoting the words of wisdom from the cross dressing illegitimate yank De vil Eire who worshipped the morals and methods of Machiavelli.

Last edited:

JandK

I'm not sure if FF will survive a prolonged period in opposition. Power is what keeps the whole coalition together.
We know that FG & Labour can survive long periods in opposition because they have ideology and policy to fall back on but power & patronage is the only thing keeping the FF machine going.
My guess is that they'll either spend their stint in opposition speaking out against everything FG do, possibly coming up with some strands of policy in the meantime. The alternative is that they fold and join SF.

I dislike FF immensely but personally would hope for the former.

controller

INTERESTING is a very subjective word. I think that you may have the wrong meaning here.....

Mitsui2

Bit opportunistically late for FF members to be talking about taking back control of the party - 30 years too late at least.

They stood by every step that brought us to this holocaust of such really ambitious national aspirations as having our children grow up in their own country.

One wonders how many of those doing the calling were happy as pigs in sh1t when the unsustainable goodies were rolling in.

newell666

I don't think the fact that one party exists in just one state while the other exists in two is going to make much of a difference in terms of survival in Republic politics though. That depends on what SF do if and when they achieve government.
Nonsensical. If this post has a meaning, please explain.

JandK

Nonsensical. If this post has a meaning, please explain.
My wording could have been clearer. I meant that Sinn Fein's long term survival in politics in the Republic will depend on their actions over the next few years. The fact that they're politically strong in Northern Ireland doesn't guarantee they'll have the same strength in the Republic.

New Threads

Most Replies