Foiled attack in Paris

silverharp

they could fix this by having more Muslims on TV

'orebel

Levellers

blokesbloke

Funny how you right wing snowflakes dance with glee when another atrocity happens. You must be gutted it didn't go off.
Where is he dancing with glee?

Anything to say about the foiled attack itself?

eoghanacht

Looks like the police in France foiled a massive terrorist attack on more innocent people going about their daily lives.

Five arrested after 'failed bomb attempt' in upmarket Paris district

Cue the lefties calling this a nothing story and the fault of white people despite 12 terror attacks being prevented since the start of the year.
Here horse the key to pretending that you care about victims or potential victims of a terrorist attack is to leave out your attack on "lefties" from the OP, don't worry razor, Clantard and a host of wing nuts will do it for you on the first page and then you can let rip in the circle jerk.

Jack Walsh

Thank God it was foiled.
Let's instead thank the police and the vigilent citizen who alerted them in time.

Another botched attack by an organisation we are told is hugely sophisticated.
Gas cylinders FFS.

We can certainly be thankful these fanatics appear to be as proficient at bomb making as the UVF were.

It is of course almost certain there will be further attacks, but for me the last year reeks of desperation, pathetic lunatic acts, and hopefully sign they are being beaten into submission (as indeed I hope are the 5 boyos in custody)

GDPR

Let's instead thank the police and the vigilent citizen who alerted them in time.

Gas cylinders FFS.

We can certainly be thankful these fanatics appear to be as proficient at bomb making as the UVF were.

It is of course almost certain there will be further attacks, but for me the last year reeks of desperation, pathetic lunatic acts, and hopefully sign they are being beaten into submission (as indeed I hope are the 5 boyos in custody)
I think the thing about ISIL outside of the areas that they are control in the Middle East and more of a "brand" the way say that the Animal Liberation Front is as opposed to a unified organization such as the PIRA and FLNC were.

Clanrickard

Gas cylinders FFS.

Would agree there with you. The Jihadis will from time to time use the odd truck or knife but real sophisticated terrorism is beyond them. They also have had little success in whipping up the Muslim population.

pumpkinpie

Thankfully it was foiled, along with the 12 others they've stopped since the start of this year. Yeah, multiculturalism is really working well in France. Now we wait to see if it was the second or third generation of Muslim migrants or some of them who were granted asylum or some of them who were due to be deported.

yosef shompeter

Looks like the police in France foiled a massive terrorist attack on more innocent people going about their daily lives.

Cue the lefties calling this a nothing story and the fault of white people despite 12 terror attacks being prevented since the start of the year.
Hey! Them Jihadists are gettin' all hoity-toitey, 16 Arrondissement-- that's where all the posh hi-class restaurants are, the arch of Triumph, Trocadero ... the Champs Elysees is a stonesthrow away.

Surprising how little detail is in the link.
But most successful "interruptions" or "arrests" of this sort are orphans of success. They usually never get to the news. The "successful operations" that the Isis conduct of course are one big scoop.

Shpake

Thank God it was foiled.
I'm sure there's something politically incorrect in that statement. The latest from the Dept of Education is that they are abolishing expressions such as A.D., B.C. and using 'common era' instead .... AMDG and 'Dia Duit' are next.
You should be thanking Allah!

Shpake

Something in the Financial times about nearly 100 people under suspicion in France and being confined to house arrest.
https://www.ft.com/content/f5309ff8-a521-11e7-9e4f-7f5e6a7c98a2

This would lend credibility that the French are much more in a state of anxiety than the Germans.
Seems to tally with the French people -- usually younger set-- that I have had contact with.

ShoutingIsLeadership

I'll just leave this here

http://www.politics.ie/forum/current-affairs/259451-reports-shootings-las-vegas-16.html#post11508025

New Threads

Most Replies