Follow the money - Who funded/s Trump and ... Breitbart / Bannon

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
Its the intrigue Kevin :D
The very search reveals that those espousing it cannot quite believe people would vote for Trump of their own accord. They're wrong. The dissonance of modern political discourse had become intolerable. Obama: Terrorism has nothing to do with Islam. Obama: We have killed over 10,000 terrorists on my watch.

Was he bombing the Amish? The mormons? No. Yet, it could not be spoken. And 100% of those missions were carried out against explicitly religious terrorists of a single religion. An awful state of affairs.

Does Bannon & Co involved directly with Trump at the top of the White House concern you at all? Just asking ...
It does and it doesn't. The system is robust enough to protect against disaster. They are unlikely to go on foreign adventures. They'll piss off the left for a bit and probably cause damage by too much deregulation. The alternative being worse IMO.

No. My best hope is for a re-balancing of sorts. Current levels of migration from the 3rd world into the Euro-american sphere are unsustainable and dangerous, have already begun and will probably finish the breakup of the EU. There is no hope that these issues would have been addressed under Clinton.

robut

Meet Robert Mercer, the Mysterious Billionaire Benefactor of Breitbart

Bannon critics can apparently blame Rebekah ( MERCER ); she pushed Trump to bring him on board, the Republican fundraising insider says. Her ties with Bannon go back a few years or more. They served together as officers of at least two nonprofits, Reclaim New York and the Government Accountability Institute. They have also produced at least one documentary together, Clinton Cash, a fearmongering look at the Clinton family’s finances. It was also Rebekah who convinced Trump to hire Conway, according to the fundraising insider. “She is like her dad,” says the Media Research Center’s Bozell. “She understands issues, she understands people, she has a very good read on what’s real and what’s BS.”

robut

Continuing the Robert Mercer funding Breitbart and Trump thing:

Two Breitbart staffers join Trump administration - Jan. 24, 2017

Julia Hahn, who covered immigration issues for Breitbart through an aggressively anti-immigration lens, has been named special assistant to the president ..

Sebastian Gorka, the site's national security editor and a policy consultant on Trump's presidential campaign, has joined the Trump White House in a yet-to-be-announced role ..
Sebastian Gorka Wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Gorka
Julia Hahn Wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Hahn

Is Gorka added to once and for all eliminate ISIS??

Gorka's Book - "Defeating Jihad: The Winnable War" - Published April 2016:

https://www.amazon.com/Defeating-Jihad-Winnable-Sebastian-Gorka/dp/1621574571

Yet this war is eminently winnable if we remove our ideological blinders, accurately name our enemy, and draw up a strategy to defeat him. So says Dr. Sebastian Gorka, one of the most experienced and sought-after authorities on counterterrorism. Our enemy is not “terror” or “violent extremism.” Our enemy is the global jihadi movement, a modern totalitarian ideology rooted in the doctrines and martial history of Islam. Taking his cue from the formerly top-secret analyses that shaped the U.S. response to the communist threat, Dr. Gorka has produced a compelling profile of the jihadi movement—its mind and motivation—and a plan to defeat it.

Last edited:

robut

Steve Bannon’s web of weirdness: Meet the bizarre billionaires behind the president-elect’s chief strategist - Salon.com

While the Koch brothers are libertarian ideologues and fellow right-wing billionaire Sheldon Adelson is singularly focused on the state of Israel and his gambling empire, the Mercers are something else entirely. They are fringe kooks with a vast fortune and a willingness to back other fringe kooks, including Steve Bannon. Rebekah Mercer was a director of his Government Accountability Institute propaganda outfit, and the family has heavily funded Breitbart News.

Both Mercers have spent tens of millions on various right-wing candidates and institutions in recent years, including establishment organizations like the Heritage Foundation and the Cato Institute. In the Republican primaries they backed Sen. Ted Cruz with the Keep the Promise super PAC and later the Defeat Crooked Hillary PAC. Both of those groups employed Kellyanne Conway and David Bossie, who later joined the Trump campaign alongside Steve Bannon, reportedly at Rebekah Mercer’s urging.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt

Trainwreck

Equinox ... Believe it or not I am not siding with one or the other here. However TRUMP won and is now President. Who What funded Hillary is of less interest.

I am also very interested in this Bannon / Breitbart link with Trump. This seems to tell us the possible history of this.
The most insidious "mysterious billionaire sugar daddy" that needs your attention is George Soros.

robut

1. That's Salon.com
2. I think I'm right when I say this is just Koch Brothers redux.

The far left cannot conceive of people voting Trump. So relief from reality is sought in conspiracy. They did this under Bush. Don't you remember?
Again I restate :D .. I am not coming from a "far left cannot conceive of people voting Trump" perspective here. I think we already discussed my "intrigue" here :D ... The Mercer / Bannon / breitbart connections and why they are in the Whitehouse. Nothing to really do with who voted for Trump though Mercers cash and his DATA COMPANY CAMBRIDGE ANALYTICS seems to have helped Trump over the line big time.

I am no Trump fan, but I am fed up of the hysteria. I would be of the opinion that the Clinton supporters / the "losers" should just move on. Trump is the president, deal with that BUT dont give him a free pass. Let the real work of goverance proceed and let normal checks and balances take care of any anomalies that may arise.

Last edited:

owedtojoy

What Does the Billionaire Family Backing Donald Trump Really Want?

READ the article to find out more .. if interested.

Meet Robert Mercer, the Mysterious Billionaire Benefactor of Breitbart

As they say .. follow the money. Interesting reading. Thought I would post this AS A SEPERATE thread because it is a specific topic around Trump, something I had not heard of, that is, WHO funded him. Naively, I always thought he funded himself alone, looks like thats not the case?

Both articles also detail the history and links between Breitbart / Bannon and Trump.

Interested in your thoughts ..
The media funded him by giving him $3 billion free exposure.

Herr Rommel

This would be a no story if Hillary was POTUS and the Clinton foundation was still raking in cash for favours.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
Again I restate :D .. I am not coming from a "far left cannot conceive of people voting Trump" perspective here. I think we already discussed my "intrigue" here :D ... The Mercer / Bannon / breitbart connections and why they are in the Whitehouse. Nothing to really do with who voted for Trump though Mercers cash and his DATA COMPANY CAMBRIDGE ANALYTICS seems to have helped Trump over the line big time.

I am no Trump fan, but I am fed up of the hysteria. I would be of the opinion that the Clinton supporters / the "losers" should just move on. Trump is the president, deal with that BUT dont give him a free pass. Let the real work of goverance proceed and let normal checks and balances take care of any anomalies that may arise.
Right. So focus on the idiotic policy decisions. Not on hidden-hand stuff.

Trainwreck

Soros funded 50 of the various lobby groups that organised and attended the "women's march" in Washington.

He is a major funder of Black Live Matter (an out and out racist terrorist organisation) an anecdotal evidence from the election when BLM went from being all over the media to quiet as a mouse, suggest he controls their levers for his own objectives.

He had tens of millions invested in Hillary and was banking on unprecedented influence on the Whitehouse.

He provides soft paid appointments, on any of his many "think tanks" for many in the media - including CNN, CBS, ABC, Washington Post.

And yet the media largely leave him alone, judging his activities would be of no interest or no relevance to the public. Why do you think that is?

Trainwreck

The media was anti Trump so please explain how they helped him ?
The Libtard Left inhabit a world of their own.

I watched a video of John Oliver, who was ranting about the fact that CNN played unedited coverage of some of Trump's speeches. Can you imagine, THE OUTRAGE! A major news organisation actually broadcast speeches of a Presidential candidate! Without editing them!

At every turn, the Libtard Left is failing to learn any lessons from their rejection by the electorate. They just keep doubling down.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
90%+ of that "free exposure" was completely biased hit pieces and very often lies, false facts or manufactured outrage.

You people...
The media was anti Trump so please explain how they helped him ?
OtJ is right. The media gave him coverage they thought would be damaging. As it turned out, it was grist to his mill.

Trainwreck

OtJ is right. The media gave him coverage they thought would be damaging. As it turned out, it was grist to his mill.

So, which is it? What was the biggest sin of the media that OtJ is railing against?

• The media failed in their obligation to undermine a candidate and direct voters to the "correct" one?
  • The media had an obligation to provide a black-out of coverage on Trump and prevent voters from hearing any of his platform?

Are you Lefties going to wake up from you trance and start to think about why Hillary and everything she stood for (including the obnoxious virtue signalling OtJ's of this world) was so roundly rejected?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies