• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Football Nuisance! Potential Cure.

MauriceColgan

Website
www.politicalworld.org
For years a group of teenagers have been driving us around the bend with their inconsiderate booting of a football against our garden wall, windows, and flower beds. The irresponsible parents cannot be spoken to. Tried many times. The father is a first class aggressive moron.

On and off for years the problem has persisted.

The Garda although understanding are never around when the nuisance is at it's worst, late at night.

County Council political correct young ladies tell me children have to play somewhere !!!

There is a large green 50 metres from our home. Will the foul mouthed abusive louts play there? No. The grass may be wet!

Well a week ago I was digging sods of turf as I maintained the grass verges along the road outside our home. Also planting flowers for all to enjoy. In fact creating a garden environment. The football bouncing on the flower beds!!!

So I watered the area and lo and behold the football ceases. The poor mites were getting soggy clay on their Trainers!

I have an endless supply of heavy clay in our garden. :)

Dr Pat

For years a group of teenagers have been driving us around the bend with their inconsiderate booting of a football against our garden wall, windows, and flower beds. The irresponsible parents cannot be spoken to. Tried many times. The father is a first class aggressive moron.

On and off for years the problem has persisted.

The Garda although understanding are never around when the nuisance is at it's worst, late at night.

County Council political correct young ladies tell me children have to play somewhere !!!

There is a large green 50 metres from our home. Will the foul mouthed abusive louts play there? No. The grass may be wet!

Well a week ago I was digging sods of turf as I maintained the grass verges along the road outside our home. Also planting flowers for all to enjoy. In fact creating a garden environment. The football bouncing on the flower beds!!!

So I watered the area and lo and behold the football ceases. The poor mites were getting soggy clay on their Trainers!

I have an endless supply of heavy clay in our garden. :)
Well done. Obviously these prats could not be seen to have feet of clay!

chriskavo

Well done but I would have loaned you this if the problem had have persisted.

Blossie

Good for you. The reason why there are so many of these skangers taking over the country is the PARENTS. I know of elderly people living in terror because of these type of louts.

Seanie Lemass

Well done Maurice. Use some caustic soda the next time. Don't expect anything from the parents. "Bad bitch, bad pups." (Meant in totally non-sexist way. Figure of speech.)

Seanie Lemass

Yeah .Well done . Now they can't play football they'll probably start doing drugs and robbing houses.

They have a big fkn field to play football in by all accounts. Problem is that doesn't give the feral scum the opportunity to torment their neighbours.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
I presume the obvious reason kids kick balls against walls instead of around the field is that it comes back? That's why I did anyway...

FakeViking

Well Done Maurice.

Now if only you could persuade our national broadcaster that the manegerial role of a certain English commercial football team is not actually newsworthy.

Watcher2

I presume the obvious reason kids kick balls against walls instead of around the field is that it comes back? That's why I did anyway...
Then find a wall not attached to someone's dwelling you inconsiderate yolk. I'm not surprised by your avatar.

Crazy horse 6

Hold on it's just kids playing football for christ sake. First world problems.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Then find a wall not attached to someone's dwelling you inconsiderate yolk. I'm not surprised by your avatar.
Ha ha!

Nonsense post of the week!

"A FF avatar. He must have done terrible deeds, like kicked a ball off a wall!". What a fantastic non sequitor.

Do you understand why, for kids, the side wall of a house is more attractive than a 2 foot high garden wall? Oh sure, maybe the latter for side footing along the ground, that game that all the kids want to play...

Lempo

I was so sure from the title the god damn vuvuzelas were coming back.

Whew.

Stroke

A shop Mace near me has a totally illegal electronic mosquito device on the front of it's wall. Now it can sell the 6 different varieties of vodka it stocks in peace, and not have to worry about their underage clients who have the drink bought for them causing any damage in front of their premises.

My 8-year-old says that the high-frequency pitch from the device is like 20 hands scraping a blackboard, and I can detect it too. Great deterrant, but only moves the problem somewhere else and irritates (some) adults too....

Lempo

A shop Mace near me has a totally illegal electronic mosquito device on the front of it's wall. Now it can sell the 6 different varieties of vodka it stocks in peace, and not have to worry about their underage clients who have the drink bought for them causing any damage in front of their premises.

My 8-year-old says that the high-frequency pitch from the device is like 20 hands scraping a blackboard, and I can detect it too. Great deterrant, but only moves the problem somewhere else and irritates (some) adults too....
For irritated adults there is the cure: vodka. Good thinking there.

TheWexfordInn

When I was young we used to kick balls against the walls of peoples gardens all the time, without any complaint from anyone at any time. I didn't realise I was in a gang of feral yobs.

I can understand if balls are being kicked against the walls of peoples houses or if gardens or flower bets etc are being damaged, but to me walls around houses are fair game for football target practice.

I get kids kicking footballs on the road outside my house all the time, as it happens I have no front garden wall and if their ball ends up coming onto my drive there is no vegetation to destroy but personally I welcome kids kicking footballs around on the street, there are lots of far less wholesome activities that they could be engaged in.

freewillie

Invite them round to your garden. I'm sure Maurice would oblige with the contact details.
Invite them into your garden to look for your lost puppy

MauriceColgan

Website
www.politicalworld.org
Thanks sensible folk.

I forgot to add the football pitch is just yards/metres away from a very busy main road and vehicles of every description come sweeping in at speed scattering the endangered teenagers AND small children attracted by the 'game'.

The dysfunctional teenagers and children, poorly educated and bereft of parental care and culture are unfortunately not bright enough to see their lives are at risk.

Those thinking this is a trivial complaint should imagine elderly people trying to watch a film have the THUMP, THUMP, THUMP, THUMP and THUD of a football on Tarmac as the soundtrack. Hours on end!

Limited imaginations are a curse are they not?

ShoutingIsLeadership

Thanks sensible folk.

I forgot to add the football pitch is just yards/metres away from a very busy main road and vehicles of every description come sweeping in at speed scattering the endangered teenagers AND small children attracted by the 'game'.

The dysfunctional teenagers and children, poorly educated and bereft of parental care and culture are unfortunately not bright enough to see their lives are at risk.

Those thinking this is a trivial complaint should imagine elderly people trying to watch a film have the THUMP, THUMP, THUMP, THUMP and THUD of a football on Tarmac as the soundtrack. Hours on end!

Limited imaginations are a curse are they not?
I'm a bit confused, Maurice.

Are you saying that the grass area where you earlier suggested they could play football, is actually dangerous because ADULTS are driving dangerously, and putting the safety of teenagers and younger children at risk?