'For fools rush in where angels fear to tread' - 2 stabbings in Rush Co Dublin in 1 afternoon!!!

yosef shompeter

Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
'For fools rush in where angels fear to tread'
Alexander Pope

I always thought the sleepy village of Rush in north county Dublin was

- well a sleepy village in north county Dublin?

I would not have thought it would be the kind of place that gangs of youths would be wielding knives and attacking each other!!!

Would only a fool visit there now?

Anyone from that neck of the woods and can fill us in?

Two teenage boys have been treated for knife wounds received in separate daylight attacks in the Rush area of Co Dublin.
Teens knifed by gang of marauding youths in vicious seaside attacks - Herald.ie
Just how many of these f*cking "I'm not a racist but.." topics are you going to start
This exchange says an awful lot of what Ireland has become.
The newpapers devote reems of newsprint to actually telling you NOT what's going on.
Joe soap is left guessing. And guess he does......i.e Who was knifing whom and why.
Was it family? was it gangland? drugs? politics and the north? was it religion? i.e. muslims
I picked up the word 'racist' ... so I am assuming it was the new Irish.
There's a pressing need for an underground news service in this country. People in the vicinity have to have some sort of warning,
some sort of preventitive mechanism... so the message then is stay out of Rush and stay away from groups of "New Irish".

I recall two years back the indo report about a riot with 50 knife-wielding Africans and some white Irish in Henry street.... all organized on facebook by the way.
Later reports went out of their way to deny that what had occurred was a riot.

So we will have to have teams of Gardái patrolling Facebook, I guess.

Catalpast

The news is heavily sanitised in this Country that's for sure

Its bizarre that the Gardaí seem unable to issue even a basic description of these fellows

- they are no Angels that's for sure!:?

Spirit Of Newgrange

Yeah but in Rush?

Maybe they were outsiders'?
if the perpetrators had swollen Green heads and landed from Planet Mars just 5 minutes ago...all our mainstream would be calling them 'irish'. Or irish citizens, or irish nationals, or new irish or some other lie.

Catalpast

if the perpetrators had swollen Green heads and landed from Planet Mars just 5 minutes ago...all our mainstream would be calling them 'irish'. Or irish citizens, or irish nationals, or new irish or some other lie.
Perhaps they were Aliens? :shock:

redhead

It was a major centre for smuggling in the late 18th century. Far more than a couple of knife scratches happened back then between the Waterguard and the locals.
:lol: So random, so irrelevant, so P.ie.

The Rahenyite

razorblade

The news is heavily sanitised in this Country that's for sure

Its bizarre that the Gardaí seem unable to issue even a basic description of these fellows

- they are no Angels that's for sure!:?
Its usually the thing when a crime is committed to describe the perpetrators in detail to get an accurate identification why is this treated any differently.

Swings and roundabouts. Skerries had a problem in the 80s with the MourneView Freedom Fighters(homegrown no need for imports and that's what they called themselves). The Garda sorted them out by dragging them out to the Blackhills and beating the crap out of them every so often when they caused trouble. Perhaps the area needs a restoration in old fashion Police techniques.

Just a further point on the so called "sleepy village of Rush". The population is 9200, larger than most so called towns down the country and 14.3% of that population are non Irish nationals and that's 2% above the national average.
Garda living in Skerries covered up at that time when their toe rag kids were dealing drugs and beating people up just for the hell of it............. discos at the cricket club was a haunt of them.
Anybody who made a complaint got stopped on the street and warned from a Garda car that any more complaints then they would be dealt with.

Change of senior officer changed the career prospects for a few Garda downnwards ............. he never knew why locals liked him so much.
Alledgedly some of it got sorted out on various football pitches during games.
Seems some residents had friends / relatives who played elsewhere................... one well known thug found the kid he had been terrorising had some big cousins who introduced themselves after laying into him at start of a Harps game and through the game.
Seems not many of his Harps team mates wanted in either, they told what it was about.

As a life-long Balbriggan resident, the cynic in me suspected something like this as soon as I saw this thread last night.
Perhaps the Rush locals are being just as cynical and jumping to the the same racist conclusions I did.
Or perhaps not.
No doubt we won't hear much more about what happened here to confirm one way or the other... That's me still being cynical.
They would have come by bus or train........................... station too far away so likely Bus and all BE buses have CCTV.

Sweet Darling

'For fools rush in where angels fear to tread'
Alexander Pope

I always thought the sleepy village of Rush in north county Dublin was

- well a sleepy village in north county Dublin?

I would not have thought it would be the kind of place that gangs of youths would be wielding knives and attacking each other!!!:shock:

Would only a fool visit there now?

Anyone from that neck of the woods and can fill us in?

Two teenage boys have been treated for knife wounds received in separate daylight attacks in the Rush area of Co Dublin.
Teens knifed by gang of marauding youths in vicious seaside attacks - Herald.ie
St Catherine's estate is a bit ripe out there.

milipod

[video=youtube;20myPs_-E1I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20myPs_-E1I[/video]

londonpride

Spent many years of my youth on holidays as that is where part of my ancestry lies. Love the place and its people.
For those who know Rush will be aware that the White star lines second worst tragedy was the sinking of the Tayleur on its way from Liverpool to Australia happened at Rush.
Over 400 lives were lost.

Spent many years of my youth on holidays as that is where part of my ancestry lies. Love the place and its people.
For those who know Rush will be aware that the White star lines second worst tragedy was the sinking of the Tayleur on its way from Liverpool to Australia happened at Rush.
Over 400 lives were lost.
Nope it happened at Lambay, it isn't Rush .................. Lambay was served by boat from Portrane hence Reachrainn and Portrane is Port Reachrainn in Irish. Long tome before it was ever served by Shamrock from Rogerstown.

Last time there the sinking was commemorated by an Anchor from it beside the Green in Portrance and heading up towards the Tower as you hit a bend there is still a little house called The Quay which was the landing spot.
Further on at the Coast Guard houses there is the Martello tower so beloved of a famous PR person, the car park area apparently was used in Father Ted for the episode with Priests games.

A nice afternoon chatting with a local elicited lots of other info as well................. like St Ita's hospital being a hide out during War of Independence when men on the run were often slipped into wards or the cellars.

Also a story about a sister of Thomas Peppard, Tom Ashe's Director of Intelligence in 1916, having a stand up fight with Brits trying to search female Nurses Home late at night.
She having a hot poker in her hand threatening to run it through the first man across the threshold, a senior officer eventually appeared and questioned his men as to what they were doing, apparently he believed as the lady did their intentions were questionable and bollocked them out in front of people before apologising and leaving.

Voice of Unreason

Nope it happened at Lambay, it isn't Rush .................. Lambay was served by boat from Portrane hence Reachrainn and Portrane is Port Reachrainn in Irish. Long tome before it was ever served by Shamrock from Rogerstown.

Last time there the sinking was commemorated by an Anchor from it beside the Green in Portrance and heading up towards the Tower as you hit a bend there is still a little house called The Quay which was the landing spot.
Further on at the Coast Guard houses there is the Martello tower so beloved of a famous PR person, the car park area apparently was used in Father Ted for the episode with Priests games.

A nice afternoon chatting with a local elicited lots of other info as well................. like St Ita's hospital being a hide out during War of Independence when men on the run were often slipped into wards or the cellars.

Also a story about a sister of Thomas Peppard, Tom Ashe's Director of Intelligence in 1916, having a stand up fight with Brits trying to search female Nurses Home late at night.
She having a hot poker in her hand threatening to run it through the first man across the threshold, a senior officer eventually appeared and questioned his men as to what they were doing, apparently he believed as the lady did their intentions were questionable and bollocked them out in front of people before apologising and leaving.
St Ita was a particular favourite haunt to send your elderly or slightly "simple" relatives when you wished to clear the line of success for inheritance.

The Square in Rush also has an anchor from the John Tayleur,

Voice of Unreason

They would have come by bus or train........................... station too far away so likely Bus and all BE buses have CCTV.
Bus Eireann in Rush? Nearest stop is near Murtaghs of Ballough, even further than the station. It would be a CIE Bus but with the wonderful people in Irish Water currently digging up the Skerries Road, CIE Buses are only operating from Balbriggan/Skerries via the Cross of Loughshinny to Lusk and City. A shutte bus(which may not have cams) transfers passengers from Lusk to Rush via the train station. So they may have come by train as the shuttle bus operates more regular than the existing CIE bus service. The train station should have a decent CCTV system.

The_SR

"Nig nog" comment still up 2 days later. The mods must have no issue with blatant racism.

Jack Walsh

"Nig nog" comment still up 2 days later. The mods must have no issue with blatant racism.
"Tinker" and "knacker" being used openly on sulky racing thread as we speak
Depressingly, no one batting an eyelid

St Ita was a particular favourite haunt to send your elderly or slightly "simple" relatives when you wished to clear the line of success for inheritance.

The Square in Rush also has an anchor from the John Tayleur,
That is so true

Or to dump a baby that was handicapped.

Had some friends where both parents were nurses.

One now elderly lady who was a nurse told me of a young girl from Cork whose family just abandoned her, blind, deaf but taken care by the staff as the only family whom she ever had.
She died very young and the lady brought her daughters communion dress rather than her be buried in some second half cast off, refused to allow her body be put in the back of a van to be taken to the mortuary and carried it with another nurse in her car. Another staff member found shoes.
Staff members were only people at the funeral mourning her passing.................. that was normal.

People abandoning and throwing kids into instututions was way more than normal as there were other stories where 2 well known musiciains had a child in there, child lived to 15 and parents visits were remembered as so infrequent visitors.............. but they were on RTE more frequently.

As to the Tayleur it is RMS Tayleur................... no John.

Bus Eireann in Rush? Nearest stop is near Murtaghs of Ballough, even further than the station. It would be a CIE Bus but with the wonderful people in Irish Water currently digging up the Skerries Road, CIE Buses are only operating from Balbriggan/Skerries via the Cross of Loughshinny to Lusk and City. A shutte bus(which may not have cams) transfers passengers from Lusk to Rush via the train station. So they may have come by train as the shuttle bus operates more regular than the existing CIE bus service. The train station should have a decent CCTV system.
BE or CIE same difference BUT point is that difficult for a young un to get from Balbriggan to Rush hence why go to that trouble. Teenagers not known for going through all that hassle hence believe it was insiders.

New Threads

Most Replies