'For fools rush in where angels fear to tread' - 2 stabbings in Rush Co Dublin in 1 afternoon!!!

Shpake

Originally Posted by Shpake View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but against precisely what Act of the Dáil does it say this?
I know that it's wrong to go around stirring up racial hatred, but if a bunch of fifteen blacks carrying knives enter a peaceful neighbourhood, what do you expect?
And I think I know the answer. You expect a dozen squad-cars to come around immediately to apprehend those who used verbal racial abuse.
Honest post meet brick wall
The sad fact is that "The Powers That BE" seem to want Islam and Africa to flourish and increase. So they are prepared to overlook what happens in working-class and lower-middle class areas. And it goes on right across the board. The Shinners too seem to have discovered the benefit of liberal immigration effects.
I draw your attention to the "public order incident" in Henry Street and Mary street not so long ago
Terrified shoppers attacked as 250 gang rivals battle in Facebook-staged street riot - Independent.ie
Leo Vladkar, who acknowledges he is gay went and paid a visit to the Clonskeagh Mosque and had a chat with the Imam, Halawi senior.
https://www.google.ie/search?q=Varadkar+imam+hussein+halawa&client=firefox-b-ab&dcr=0&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwii9MehiOTWAhWnKMAKHYrYDl4QsAQIMw&biw=1366&bih=659
My only explanation for all this is that there must be some sort of alliance going on between the European and US powers and some of the factions in the Middle East who have got money. What form does it take? Are they big bondholders or what? There you have me.
Likewise it seems that the alliance with Turkey seems to have been put on the back-burner. Erdogan accuses the Germans and the Americans of being behind the recent attemted coup d'état. And now Trump and Erdogan seem to have had a big spat.

Myself, I'd like the government and opposition parties to be a bit more open about it what's going on.
Say for instance in the Irish state's recent past, when the Irish political parties had an undue deference towards the Religious Institutions in Irish society. We more or less knew what it was about: The religious element could harness the idealist element of society into running the education and much of the health system. Call it good or call it bad or call it better or worse than what we have now, but at least we knew -- sort of -- what was going on-- albeit we didn't know quite how bad the child-abuse was.
The speed with which the immigrant populations have increased in Germany, France, UK, Holland, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark takes my breath away. Ireland always seems to want to make the same mistakes as our neighbours but with both eyes wide open.

Shpake

Shpake

I expect the mods to enforce basic community standards
Well standards, including basic community standards are something that are in flux. Same with language. It changes over the years.
Just get a Latin dictionary and look up the word "Neger". Well I'll tell you. It means "Black". Get a German dictionary and look it up. It means "Black Man". Nothing bad about it. Just the term inherited from the old Latin.
However this is not the first time that the "New Irish Teenagers" have been out in force carrying knives.
See:
Terrified shoppers attacked as 250 gang rivals battle in Facebook-staged street riot - Independent.ie
It's small wonder that these old words are cropping up again and coming back into everday usage.

Wagmore

Well standards, including basic community standards are something that are in flux. Same with language. It changes over the years.
Just get a Latin dictionary and look up the word "Neger". Well I'll tell you. It means "Black". Get a German dictionary and look it up. It means "Black Man". Nothing bad about it. Just the term inherited from the old Latin.
However this is not the first time that the "New Irish Teenagers" have been out in force carrying knives.
See:
It's small wonder that these old words are cropping up again and coming back into everday usage.
Be prepared to be called a racist for bringing that particular barney up. I know I was. Think NUJ head also criticised the reporting also

Shpake

Be prepared to be called a racist for bringing that particular barney up. I know I was. Think NUJ head also criticised the reporting also
The more these holyjoes use the word racist, the more it loses its meaning.
I don't think the Irish people are going to scuttle away like a mouse under some stone and allow their tax money to be squandered on someone's social-engineering fantasies. And let me emphasize. I've nothing in particular against Muslims or Africans. But Seán Lemass, Jack Lynch and Garret Fitzgerals seemed to be able to run the country quite well without so many visitors

The_SR

See:
That story was completely debunked. Never happened. Do how does it justify talk of nig nogs?

The_SR

Well he would. It's a work of fiction.

Shpake

That story was completely debunked. Never happened. Do how does it justify talk of nig nogs?
You can't be serious. Are you really saying that two large gangs of black young men (also some white) -- some of them carrying knives did not run up Henry street and Mary street and intimidate the shoppers?
As for the racial epithets, when something like this happens I can understand them being put to use.
No I don't like the idea of spreading hatred against anyone... annoyance and irritation? well under the circumstances of the behaviour I can understand it perfectly.
But Ireland was itself a colony. We never had an empire. While I've nothing against blacks or muslims, I don't think we have any duty towards them in allowing large-scale immigration paid by the taxpayer and having to change our customs. I think they should be sent back to their home-countries.

The_SR

You can't be serious. Are you really saying that two large gangs of black young men (also some white) -- some of them carrying knives did not run up Henry street and Mary street and intimidate the shoppers?
As for the racial epithets, when something like this happens I can understand them being put to use.
No I don't like the idea of spreading hatred against anyone... annoyance and irritation? well under the circumstances of the behaviour I can understand it perfectly.
But Ireland was itself a colony. We never had an empire. While I've nothing against blacks or muslims, I don't think we have any duty towards them in allowing large-scale immigration paid by the taxpayer and having to change our customs. I think they should be sent back to their home-countries.
They did not. Thete was far more column inches asking how the Indo got it so wrong by reporting as fact a liberal.ie fiction than the 'story' itself.

https://www.buzz.ie/news/theliberal-ie-have-been-caught-out-for-posting-fake-inaccurate-and-downright-racist-news-218878

So you understand racist language being used to describe people not involved in incidents the liberal made up. Surely you can see the problem?

Wagmore

They did not. Thete was far more column inches asking how the Indo got it so wrong by reporting as fact a liberal.ie fiction than the 'story' itself.

https://www.buzz.ie/news/theliberal-ie-have-been-caught-out-for-posting-fake-inaccurate-and-downright-racist-news-218878

So you understand racist language being used to describe people not involved in incidents the liberal made up. Surely you can see the problem?
So the story was false? Is that just your opinion or was there an apology in the Indo? Press Ombudsman get involved? In a couple of years they'll say there knife-wounds in Rush were self-inflicted too I guess.Clutching at straws too when suggesting nothing showed up on the Pulse system.Means nothing after what happened in Cologne. Cops as a rule don't want to publicise this sort of thing. Means more trouble for them. Do you really trust Garda after breathyliser scandal? Give me a break.

Catalpast

The_SR

So the story was false? Is that just your opinion or was there an apology in the Indo? Press Ombudsman get involved? In a couple of years they'll say there knife-wounds in Rush were self-inflicted too I guess.Clutching at straws too when suggesting nothing showed up on the Pulse system.Means nothing after what happened in Cologne. Cops as a rule don't want to publicise this sort of thing. Means more trouble for them. Do you really trust Garda after breathyliser scandal? Give me a break.
Jesus wept. How could there be a full scale riot on Stephens Day and not one eye witness, photo nor cctv image was found.

Wagmore

Jesus wept. How could there be a full scale riot on Stephens Day and not one eye witness, photo nor cctv image was found.
Did you read Herald article. There were eyewitnesses. It's still on the Indo website. Written by real journalists. Are you saying you know better. It may, repeat may, have been exaggerated but to say nothing happened is just weird.

The_SR

Did you read Herald article. There were eyewitnesses. It's still on the Indo website. Written by real journalists. Are you saying you know better. It may, repeat may, have been exaggerated but to say nothing happened is just weird.
And none of them refer to a riot, let alone knives.

You say exaggeration. I say blatant lies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies