For Shell-Shocked Devout Catholics There Is A Booklet

Andrew49

Twitter
AndrewSB49
For Devout Catholics There Is A Booklet and it's approved by IONA.

Niall996

No one in Ireland is forced to be a Catholic. Or any other religion.

Andrew49

Twitter
AndrewSB49

Andrew49

Twitter
AndrewSB49
And how a 5/6 year old could make a choice like that, on her or his own .... and the Church claims children only hours old as members.

Niall996

And how a 5/6 year old could make a choice like that, on her or his own .... and the Church claims children only hours old as members.

The parents force that upon children as they do all other choices. But no one forces the parents to make that choice. You need to take that up with the parents, not the church. The church doesn't claim anyone. And I say that as an atheist. I made my choice. I think people who moan endlessly about an institution that has no power and has no right to impose anything on anyone are childish and need to grow up.

statsman

The parents force that upon children as they do all other choices. But no one forces the parents to make that choice. You need to take that up with the parents, not the church. The church doesn't claim anyone. And I say that as an atheist. I made my choice. I think people who moan endlessly about an institution that has no power and has no right to impose anything on anyone are childish and need to grow up.
The church refuses to recognise your right to leave.

GDPR

Devout catholics would be better off converting to Islam. Christianity has lost here and Islam will take its place and more.

Jim Car

Well, except the ones that are baptised before they can eat solid food.
They are children and it is the responsibility and right of the parents to raise them as such. They can make their own decision once they turn 18. Or are you suggesting the Orwellian idea that the state should take over that responsibility.

statsman

They are children and it is the responsibility and right of the parents to raise them as such. They can make their own decision once they turn 18. Or are you suggesting the Orwellian idea that the state should take over that responsibility.
And what do you say to my earlier post?

Niall996

Who cares what the church thinks or does. If you're not interested in the church then forget about them. Seriously, there seems to be some sort of Stockholm Syndrome still at play in Ireland where people seem to be mentally trapped in a church that has long since vanished.

Last edited:

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Oh well that makes it alright then. If the Orange Order are at it then it must be cool:)

Andrew49

Twitter
AndrewSB49
When you say 'parents' you do, of course, mean: those in loco parentis

The children in the Institutions - prior to being trafficked as human flesh to the highest bidders - and had no biological/natural parent(s) to protect them from these cults involved in such a sordid trade - had no choice at all, in anything.

Niall996

When you say 'parents' you do, of course, mean: those in loco parentis

The children in the Institutions - prior to being trafficked as human flesh to the highest bidders - and had no biological/natural parent(s) to protect them from these cults involved in such a sordid trade - had no choice at all, in anything.
That's all ancient history. The same sort of stuff happened all over the world by the way. Time to wake up and realise your free. The CC is there for the who want it which is fine, and for the rest it's a non entity.

Niall996

Oh well that makes it alright then. If the Orange Order are at it then it must be cool:)
If you want to ban parents from sharing their cultural, social and religious values with their children be my guest. I'm clearly talking about adults. Adult choices made by free adults. The CC has zero power so time to let it rest.

The Herren

Devout catholics would be better off converting to Islam. Christianity has lost here and Islam will take its place and more.
Which side are you on ?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies