Forecast

shiel

Well you're still as boring as ever.

That hasn't changed.
Brexiteers declaring economic war on the rest of the EU.

Brexiteers tearing up the Belfast Agreement.

Brexiteers arse licking a politician like Johnson.

That is not boring.

The consequences are too serious.

Newrybhoy

Brexiteers declaring economic war on the rest of the EU.

Brexiteers tearing up the Belfast Agreement.

Brexiteers arse licking a politician like Johnson.

That is not boring.

The consequences are too serious.
It's all balls and it's none of your business.

Now stop being so boring.

Have an original thought ffs.

shiel

It's all balls and it's none of your business.

Now stop being so boring.

Have an original thought ffs.
The decision in relation to Brexit is very fundamental issue that will affect world wide international cooperation, European cooperation and cooperation among all on these islands for years to come.

Because of its racist undertones it is one of the most influential decisions in Europe since ww2.

Consequences will not be good.

Therefore not boring.

Talk Back

The decision in relation to Brexit is very fundamental issue that will affect world wide international cooperation, European cooperation and cooperation among all on these islands for years to come.

Because of its racist undertones it is one of the most influential decisions in Europe since ww2.

Consequences will not be good.

Therefore not boring.
The break-up of the UK is all good.

There will never-ever be a border through Ireland again.

The new international Treaty - the UK Withdrawal Agreement makes sure of that.

Newrybhoy

When was that ratified?

I must have missed it.

shiel

I think that is too complacent.

The political and economic consequences of what is happening is going to be damaging.

How damaging is yet to be decided.

Newrybhoy

The political and economic consequences of what is happening is going to be damaging.

Your little fascist fantasy of Europe if dying. Losing it's second biggest player is the first step.

As others grow to realise they dont have to live under the EU jackboot, they will follow.

Talk Back

You're on about money/jobs.

I'm referring to the bigger picture - such as restoring the territorial integrity and honour of our country - ending the shame and humiliation of partition.

shiel

Your little fascist fantasy of Europe if dying. Losing it's second biggest player is the first step.

As others grow to realise they dont have to live under the EU jackboot, they will follow.
The EU is a democratic institution and the most advanced effort in international cooperation in the world.

Using the word jackboot to taint its citizens is racist propaganda.

Supporting Trump, Putin and European fascists in their agenda of dismantling the EU is indefensible.

shiel

You're on about money/jobs.

I'm referring to the bigger picture - such as restoring the territorial integrity and honour of our country - ending the shame and humiliation of partition.
The Belfast Agreement has decided that Irish unity will take place when there is agreement.

In the present Brexiteer situation that is not the case and pushing ahead would be irresponsible.

Newrybhoy

The EU is a democratic institution and the most advanced effort in international cooperation in the world.

Using the word jackboot to taint its citizens is racist propaganda.

Supporting Trump, Putin and European fascists in their agenda of dismantling the EU is indefensible.
No , I don't think do, you can leave democratic institutions.

shiel

No , I don't think do, you can leave democratic institutions.
But Brexiteers want to do more than just leave.

They want to declare economic war and they want to tear up an international agreement to draw a line under centuries of colonial rule.

Talk Back

The Belfast Agreement has decided that Irish unity will take place when there is agreement.

In the present Brexiteer situation that is not the case and pushing ahead would be irresponsible.
Hahahahaha

shiel

Very good article in the RTE thread by Tony Connelly:

'Brexit: The long hard road to a future relationship '

yosef shompeter

One point on the elections in the Wee North. It's quite possible that a died-in-the wool Republican in West Belfast could and should vote Unionist to preserve the Union -- e.g. if he's suffering from heart disease and fears the onset of dementia or some other chronic ailment. Imagine the state of the Irish health services in a United Ireland -- they are creaking at the very foundations in the south as it is.
Likewise a true-blue Unionist whose business is dependent on trade with the Free State and or Europe. He should vote for Jarry and Michell and the RA.
What am I getting at? Well election in the Wee North is turning ugly now. It's not about tactical voting, it's about tactical " constituency- standing for Parliament" -- the Unionist party is standing aside in some constituencies so as not to compete with the DUP. Likewise the SDLP and Sinn Féin are arranging things.
This vote needn't necessarily turn sectarian... sad the way it's turning out.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies