• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

Catalpa

Pidge said:
Catalpa said:
It's probably an eye opener for you Pidge but if you lived in Blanch all this would come as no surprise.

People arn't living here on fresh air you know- the money has to come from somewhere to live in one of the 20 most expensive cities in the World.

But if you know how people who have no jobs yet can afford to live in 3 bed semi Ds, car, mobile, good cloths, bring up kids etc and do it all on one round of social welfare please let me know so I can jack in the day job! :wink:
Now now Catalpa, are you equating black people with asylum seekers again? I thought that we'd be through this...
I'm not equating black people with asylum seekers.[/quote]
Right, so how do you make the leap from seeing people with houses with cars, mobiles etc to judging that they have no jobs? It's quite a leap.[/quote]

Because one would expect to see a correlation between those people with houses with cars, mobiles etc and a visible presence in the workplace - and that correlation is just not there!

BTW there are certainly decent and honest folks here too from the same background who are working - they are good people.

Also I'm pissed off with people who have no argument trying to brand 'Catalpa' as some kind of resident racist here. I was out protesting against racism directed against Black people before most people here were even born.

Any discrimination directed against Irish people who are Black is just as repulsive as discrimination directed against Irish peopel who are White.

All Irish people are equal in status in my eyes.

Ireland for the Irish!

Conor

Catalpa said:
Because one would expect to see a correlation between those people with houses with cars, mobiles etc and a visible presence in the workplace - and that correlation is just not there!
By "those people", you mean your neighbours?

Are you sure you just don't know where they work? Or that they might be in jobs that don't bring them into contact with the public?
Or that you just haven't noticed them round? You do have a peculiar tunnel vision sometimes, you know...

Catalpa said:
Any discrimination directed against Irish people who are Black is just as repulsive as discrimination directed against Irish peopel who are White.

Ireland for the Irish!
Xenophobia is no less repulsive than racism.

Catalpa

Conor said:
Catalpa said:

Are you sure you just don't know where they work? Or that they might be in jobs that don't bring them into contact with the public?
Or that you just haven't noticed them round? You do have a peculiar tunnel vision sometimes, you know...

Catalpa said:

Ireland for the Irish!
Xenophobia is no less repulsive than racism.
So is Treason.

Conor

Catalpa said:

Catalpa

Conor said:
Catalpa said:

Yes quite sure.

Conor

Well, so long as you're sure.

They must be welfare fraudsters then.

*Thinks* I wonder if my neighbours say the same about me...

dedalus

Social Welfare fraudulent claims.

To me that's very hard to believe, but sometimes truth can be stranger than fiction!

rkeane

Well I think most people know the fraudulent nature of most Nigerian Asylum seekers - this news only reinforces this reality. Any Nigerian/ other non national found fraudulently claiming benefits should be turfed out of this country - I think Michael Mc Dowells new immigration bill allows for this.

By the way, where is our honest "irish citizen" Angelcountry??

Munion

We must simply implement laws that allow the citizens of this country to control the flow of immigrants entering our country.

By having a more stringent and transparent immigration system we can weed out the fraudsters from the valid cases. This will create greater confidence in the immigration system which will make it more appealing to legitimate asylum seekers and the citizens of Ireland.

Better immigration controls will lead to better integration.

An Gilladaker

We must simply implement laws that allow the citizens of this country to control the flow of immigrants entering our country.

By having a more stringent and transparent immigration system we can weed out the fraudsters from the valid cases. This will create greater confidence in the immigration system which will make it more appealing to legitimate asylum seekers and the citizens of Ireland.

Better immigration controls will lead to better integration.
Their will be lots of jobs when FG deliver their one hundred year promise :lol:

NewERA - Fine Gael

LordGod Almighty

No chance ... IBEC already have their eye on supporting Turkey's accession to the EU. They've already had their arm up McAleese announcing in Turkey that the 'Irish people supported Turkey's application for accession'. I don't recall any referendum.

IBEC get to keep pressure down on wages by flooding the place with economic migrants some of whom want to work and will undercut local wage agreements and the rest who want to ponce off the social welfare well that doesn't matter to IBEC because their clients either don't pay tax here or are able to evade it so no skin off their nose.

Spirit Of Newgrange

Well what to say. Predictable and everyone knows already.

Question is not whether it is happening. Of course it is and many nigerians are fraudsters. Question is what will be done about it. Probably nothing much.
inactivity on dole fraudsters is the irish way

Fabo02

I reported a FN who was claiming dole while working - her husband was doing the same. She lost her job. I was glad to do my bit for my country.

Different topic but I was out at a lake in Cavan today. Litter strewn all over the place. Polish labels on most things....depressing to see it in such beautiful areas. Nobody cares much when I mention things like that or dont believe it is FNs. Not a whole lot you can do about it.......

The Lighthouse Keeper

Last edited:
Last edited:
Different topic but I was out at a lake in Cavan today. Litter strewn all over the place. Polish labels on most things....depressing to see it in such beautiful areas. Nobody cares much when I mention things like that or dont believe it is FNs. Not a whole lot you can do about it.......
Please go back and take some photographs and post them up.

It's not only Polish people that dispose of their rubbish irresponsibly - plenty natives are equally as good at doing so too!
Most Polish people I know are very nice, but we also have a few here who would be very much at home in an episode of the TV series - "Bezwstydny".

Fabo02

Please go back and take some photographs and post them up.

It's not only Polish people that dispose of their rubbish irresponsibly - plenty natives are equally as good at doing so too!
Most Polish people I know are very nice, but we also have a few here who would be very much at home in an episode of the TV series - "Bezwstydny".
i have been fishing for many years and have never seen near the level of rubbish left at lakes and rivers as i have seen in the past few years. i too know some polish people and they are ok but there seems to be large gangs of hooligans among them determined to annoy the ordinary irish person. its sick.

teapot

inactivity on dole fraudsters is the irish way
Inactivity on jus' 'bout anythin' is the irish way - just think of Davey the Drumm; Seanie; Fingers;FAS (there's a real doozer); the Anglo Guys who won't talk to the Police (no Obstruction of Justice in Ire, ?) The AG throwing up his hands re 'legal difficulties' (lotsa them, new ones every day) the lack of proper laws; today - non-taxed motorists, evidence can't be used cos of stupid wording; Irish TD and Senators expenses and pensions mess, and on and on ad nauseum...

reknaw

I reported a FN who was claiming dole while working - her husband was doing the same. She lost her job. I was glad to do my bit for my country.

The question is: would you report an Irish national who was doing the same thing? I'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll find a few.:rolleyes:

As for the litter at the lake, I saw lots of at at a different lake in Co. Offaly when there was a bit of warm weather and lots of people went there - that was years ago, long before the earliest immigrants arrived. Maybe the Poles you blame were just acting according to the axiom "When in Rome, do like a Roman".

The reality is, an awful lot of Irish people are filthy swine where littering is concerned, and they will still be whether or not we have FNs (to use your quaint phrase) in the country. You are right, though, there is little anyone can do about it. I know, because I have tried. :roll::roll::roll:

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom