Foreign Nationals receiving Social Welfare Benefits

thegreyfox

No, but once we evict Brainless Cowen from his seat you are welcome to him. I'm sure he can destroy another country as he has done here.
I agree.Kim Jong ILL could get Cowan and our bankers to infiltrate South Korea and turn a bustling economy into a state owned impoverished society.

petervalhala

my my arent you so smart, lets get rid of all the native spongers and then the country will be ok, there are spongers in ireland i agree, but they are our spongers, furthermore a lot of people from working class areas are on the dole because of the simple fact they have not got the werewithal to do anything else, nor do they know how ot do it, poor areas breed poor people rich areas breed rich people and thats the way it is in every country.
So its OK to rip off the tax payer if you're a native, but no OK if you're foreign?

If they dont have the wherewithall then they need to show some personal responsibility and educate themselves, plenty of free schemes out there to do this, rather than site on their arses and expect to live off other people all their lives.

the native spongers are ireland's problem but the govenrment does not care about them. instead of talking time to help them properly it much easier to take in people from abroad and offer them about 6 times their wage to come here and the dole and then the pension for the rest of their lives, what a deal.
Problem is during the celtic tiger years dole was increased so it effectly rewarded the lazy, when it should instead have been cut. Anyone was able to take up the jobs available here

do you think if you offered some of the native spongers about 3000 euro a week they would not work, eh.
I dont want to offer them anything, the problem is they are too comfortable not working

you need to grow up and get out more.
I go out to work every day, paying the taxes to support those in genuine need as well as the parasites

Éireann go Brách

That list is out of date, there is now 645 people from congo on the dole

A man who defrauded the State out of €70,000 in social welfare payments while he was fully employed has been jailed for 18 months.

Andela Konda (aged 40) of Rosedale Cresent, Clonee was caught working as a chef for the Elephant and Castle restaurant in Temple Bar under a false identity. He had used his real identity to claim social welfare and rent allowance payments over the previous four years.
Social welfare fraudster jailed for 18 months | BreakingNews.ie

I note once again RTE does not cover the story as per their immigration policy of not reporting bad news stories.

jimwin

the native spongers are Ireland's problem

The foreign spongers are worse they an option they can go back home, we owe them nothing, they have already done quite well, when you consider what they would earn in their own country, do you think they came here for anything else but to drain the country for as much as they could get.
We are talking about human beings here right?

What a horrible country we've turned into

jimwin

A Time for Every Purpose

After being an immigrant myself back in the 80's. I honestly don't care if they are here or not. The government finally have to do some work, rather than watch people emigrate and tell us the country is not big enough. Payback is a bitch. The people who complain are generally those who never had to emigrate at any stage in their life. Besides, going into Dublin these days, it is nice to see so much variety in cultures. It makes a city more interesting. Many people are also annoyed that they can no longer slag off the UK for allowing such a large influx of immigrants.
It happened far too quickly ,and most of it for the wrong reasons,like
Welfare tourism.
Are you living in the same 'block 'with so many
strange languages etc ?
It seems that where You live does not have 40 different nationalites.
Typical projected nonsense from those who can hide in their little
ivory tower.

Cato

Apparently not as horrible as the ones these "human beings" left. :rolleyes:
Why the scare quotes around 'human beings'? Are you saying we should aim to make Ireland as unpleasant for these people as the countries they came from?

Cato

It happened far too quickly ,and most of it for the wrong reasons,like
Welfare tourism.
Are you living in the same 'block 'with so many
strange languages etc ?
It seems that where You live does not have 40 different nationalites.
Typical projected nonsense from those who can hide in their little
ivory tower.
It is ironic that on other threads you parade your religious virtue and your affinity with Christ. It is odd the boundaries you have drawn around that.

jimwin

Why the scare quotes around 'human beings'? Are you saying we should aim to make Ireland as unpleasant for these people as the countries they came from?
Or perhaps 'they' are not human at all? Disgusting

A Time for Every Purpose

You are entirely correct. There is a weird cabal of media/political professionals who believe that immigrant welfare is sacroscant and that every whim must be met regardless of the shortcomings in other areas.

For example, on his radio show during the week, Pat Kenny featured a piece about welfare payments and the coming budget. Paddy O Gormon recorded a voxpop from Blanchardstown Shopping Centre which featured a high percentage of foreign nationals.

Following this piece , Pat Kenny read out some listeners texts, many of which questioned the feasability of paying lavish welfare to new arrivals who have obviosly never paid little or no tax in Ireland.

None of these listeners comments were unreasonable or bad mannered but Pat Kennys response was incredible.

"Ah now mary, are ya being a bit RACIST there now?"

So there you have it. How do you reason with that twisted logic.

And this is just one example of many.

Remember, Fine Gael still support Pamela Isavelakhi 's appeal for residency rights.

Depressing stuff indeed.
And he the miserable greedy merde, stealing nearly a milion a year from
the likes of MARY.
I want to see him naked in the stocks this PUTAIN de MERDE,and those others at R.T.E. for in my opinion they are the worst of all.

WHY is there not a boycott of RTE, and a movement of non payment
of the license.
The more the better.
United you stand Divided you fall.
It is time for civil disobedience on a grand scale,a good place to start.

Fantasia

the last payment many make before their homes are repossessed and they find themselves on the the streets is the TV licence to pay the likes of Pat kenny et al at RTE.
Sad but true..
Abolish the TV licence and RTE!

Odyessus

They are not scare quotes. I was quoting the words of the poster to whom I was replying.

jimwin

They are not scare quotes. I was quoting the words of the poster to whom I was replying.
Doesn't explain why you quoted those particular words. What was the reason?

jimwin

I used the term because I found the reference to people as spongers as offensive. I was suggesting that the are human beings. You decided to make a point of emphasising the words for no apparent reason.

A Time for Every Purpose

It is ironic that on other threads you parade your religious virtue and your affinity with Christ. It is odd the boundaries you have drawn around that.
I think you misrepresent entirely .
I am no bleeding heart ,although never will I turn away ,or have a human whom I can help .
But the organisation of other peoples money is politics,and those who somehow think that they can 'steal 'others money in the form of 'state ' payments to which they have never, and have no intention of paying into is theft.
If the world always put their neighbour,and their family first ,if they organised their community for the best ,where all are included ,it would make sense ,and All would be well in the world .
But some do not take this responsiblity ,and demand of others what they will not do themselves.
They even travel the globe to avoid it.
No neighbour of mine will ever die alone ,or of hunger if I have anything.
False smarmy P Kenny type of nonsense I utterly despise,because they are greedy,and spout hypocrisy .
I think it is you and your like who do not understand Jesus.
If I remember correctly He said' How can you love God whom you cannot see ,if you cannnot ove your neighbour whom you can see'?
One of the ways to translate that would be ,that those who pretend to love those far away,but not the person next to them is a liar.

I know too many who neglect their own ,while spouting platitudes to show how generous they are,when in fact they are stealing money from helpless people.Because someon is poor ,it does not always mean he is good .
He maybe just a fecklees liar,who has no conscience about taking others money .
Justice was very important to J.C.
You should not try to play God.
Justice must be done in political life.It is not just to take from people who
work all their lives,to give to those who do not.
Compassion allows us to help those in need ,when they are in need ,but they must be forced to face up at some time to responsiblity for others too.
In Victorian society the hard working were exploited disgracefully ,
but in this day and age they are exploited not just by rich industrialists,and royalty etc ,but by foreigners ,as well as their own.
Justice requires a total reconsideration of social payments.

As for Jesus and my beliefs .They are not identical to those of the church on some things.
For example I believe in evolution ,reincarnation and the laws of God written in the stars.
But other than that most of my prayers can be said to be the same, because ,no matter how much you know ,and I know more than most ,
it is all Gods ,no one elses, we only recieve if we are receptive.

Odyessus

I used the term because I found the reference to people as spongers as offensive. I was suggesting that the are human beings. You decided to make a point of emphasising the words for no apparent reason.

Who suggested "spongers" are not human beings? People are called all sorts of insulting names; you only have to look at other threads on this board to see that.

You are setting up a straw man, killing him yourself, and accusing me of murder. :roll:

Mercurial

'Foreign Nationals' is ambiguous. EU citizens benefit from the same overall system which allows Irish nationals to claim in other EU countries. We have humanitarian duties towards refugees and legitimate asylum seekers. As for the remainder, well why don't we start with some concrete facts and figures so we know exactly how much money they are or are not costing the state?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies