• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Former Fianna Fáil TD say he's "entitled" to use Oireachtas envelopes

ruserious

Why is an unelected man using tax-payer paid envelopes to send out correspondence?

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
He's also entitled to a public flogging....

ruserious

Are you FF politician?
What has that got to do with anything. He is an unelected party member.

A spokesman for the Standards in Public Office Commission, however, told Radio Kerry that TDs and Senators are not supposed to give out stationary for use by people who are not Oireachtas members.
He is using tax payers money to send prepaid envelopes. He has no right to.

Expose the lot of them

What do these semi-literates sent out in these envelopes and whom?

Who addresses the envelopes for them - are the taxpayers paying for secretarial staff?

Mushroom

"Former Minister John O’Donoghue, who is PRO for Fianna Fail’s Comhairle Dail ceantar in Kerry, says he’s not aware of Mr McEllistrim using Oireachtas envelopes, and has received no complaints about the matter."

I wonder whether the Radio Kerry journalist sought the former Minister for Justice's views on the probity of both Citizen McEllistrim's and Senator Wilson's conduct in this matter.

Not that I'd expect Junketing Johnny to have any problems with the ethical standards displayed by such carry-on.

Marcos the black

Why is an unelected man using tax-payer paid envelopes to send out correspondence?
Because he's a FF'er... Isn't that enough for you? Why must you be sooooo difficult..

Radix

Why? How is he? He has the same status as I, being not an elected official. Do I have an entitlement?

You have an entitlement to feel as aggrieved as you want.

But please understand, you are expected to shut the fûck up and not upset the apple tart.

Picasso Republic

It should not be that difficult to establish whether he is entitled to use such envelopes or not - remember some perks outlive the job (eg: free use of Oireachtas car park).

However if he's not entitled to use, then both him and his accomplice should be prosecuted and fined heavily - someone must be made an example of very soon to stop this rot.

FrankSpeaks

Both abusers of these privileges that is Tommy and the Senator should face sanctions for the abuse. I suggest that the Senator serve a few weeks banning from the Senate without pay and that Tommy be charged with stealing from the public purse and fined for it. Make an example of this case and it won't happen again.

EvotingMachine0197

It should not be that difficult to establish whether he is entitled to use such envelopes or not - remember some perks outlive the job (eg: free use of Oireachtas car park).

However if he's not entitled to use, then both him and his accomplice should be prosecuted and fined heavily - someone must be made an example of very soon to stop this rot.
Ah no, it's grand. Shure this is only small stuff. Who'd be taking any notice of these minor transgressions...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies