Former Fine Gael Candidate has Solicitors licence suspended:

Fullforward

Fine Gael Cork North West Council Candidate Lyndsey Clarke was suspended last month by the High court's president, Justice Peter Kelly, pending a further order.

But the Law Society of Ireland - which regulates solicitors - has refused to say why the pair have been suspended.

Ms Clarke was being considered by Fine Gael as a potential general election candidate.

But fear not for her fortune as her Linkedin page is said to have this note in the entry that she focused her practice on "buying and selling commercial and distressed properties".

"I have extensive experience in receiver sales including Nama transactions, and complex residential conveyancing involving title and management company issues," she said.

How common is it for this to happen and how often do they not reveal the reason for the suspension?

Link: Former FG election candidate and solicitor has licence suspended - Independent.ie

GDPR

Ah hear, one does not question the transparent investigation method being employed as we investigate one of our own, as such would prejudice the outcome. Self regulation has a proven track record and there is no need for further concern. Not even when the IMF are in town.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Well she is a solicitor. You'd have to be careful not to defame her. While she presumably wouldn't be able to defend herself while her license is suspended she could easily hire one.

In the meantime she must be regarded as having the right to a good name. No matter how involved she may have been with NAMA :)

NAMA is becoming something of a graveyard of reputations I notice.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
It needn't put a dent in her political ambitions. FG don't take much notice of the courts or tribunals or any of that kind of trivia.

Fullforward

Well she is a solicitor. You'd have to be careful not to defame her. While she presumably wouldn't be able to defend herself while her license is suspended she could easily hire one.

In the meantime she must be regarded as having the right to a good name. No matter how involved she may have been with NAMA :)

NAMA is becoming something of a graveyard of reputations I notice.
I agree with you 100% and have an automatic assumption of total innocence and would ask everyone to consider doing the same.

Pity that rule doesn't apply across the board.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
The Curse of NAMA. 'I am NAMA, destroyer of worlds'.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I was just thinking that if NAMA had had the protection of 'personhood' under the law as corporates have in the states it would probably have sued even more people than Redacted has in Ireland by now in defence of its reputation.

And NAMA is less than ten years of age I seem to recall.

Fullforward

I was just thinking that if NAMA had had the protection of 'personhood' under the law as corporates have in the states it would probably have sued even more people than Redacted has in Ireland by now in defence of its reputation.

And NAMA is less than ten years of age I seem to recall.
NAMA are a law unto themselves.

Eoin Coir

What do you call ye man with the Italian name that was married into one of the Devilera clan, he actually did jail. Malocco or something like that and defrauded the Irish Press, of for God's sake, and Press set up by fraud by ole geezer Devilera himself.

Ardillaun

What do you call ye man with the Italian name that was married into one of the Devilera clan, he actually did jail. Malocco or something like that and defrauded the Irish Press, of for God's sake, and Press set up by fraud by ole geezer Devilera himself.
'David' Elio Malocco saw the light and went into a more respectable line of work:

David Elio Malocco | Features | Interview | Hot Press

https://www.amazon.com/David-Malocco/e/B00KOLYAMY

I imagine Dave must have had some sympathy for his interviewee here:

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/world-news/fugitive-lawyer-michael-lynn-nabbed-2240159

Got to admire the guy's resilience - hate the sin etc. I would have retreated into the nearest pub for the rest of my natural.

Last edited:

ShinnerBot No.32564844524

Speculation would be potentially libellous.

Just saying.
When it involves the highly esteemed members of our legal high society, it most certainly would be libellous, else how would one make a living? :shock:

Perhaps we may replace the term "law society" with that of "Fraternity of the Slippin Jimmies"

Analyzer

Phoney Gale - the Law&order party ?

Just don't mention Michael Lowry. Or Michael Keating. Or debt write downs for a media oligopoly funded by taxation, to the benefit of tax non doms.

GDPR

So a failed FG candidate in the local elections, makes a living out of the flogging on of distressed assets or to more accurately call it, BS values placed on property/sites, based on the old ponzi property ladder, herself and her boss have been suspended. I would consider it highly appropriate to speculate that the whiff off this stench, has the potential to embarrass a lot of influential people. No wonder they want to keep this under wraps but in the public interest, are the relevant garda or other authorities been made aware of this concerning development?

Analyzer

FFG - one party, two factions. Both in the service of the nEU empire.

General Urko

FFG - one party, two factions. Both in the service of the nEU empire.
Please never foget The Red Blueshirts role as a Major Troika Party as well!

FG + Lab = FF

SuirView

Look over there

Fullforward

Phoney Gale - the Law&order party ?

Just don't mention Michael Lowry. Or Michael Keating. Or debt write downs for a media oligopoly funded by taxation, to the benefit of tax non doms.
Water Protesters need not apply,however.......if you are a party money Man from Meath with a pylon issue.......

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies