Former Green Party Leader Trevor Sargent is to becom a Priest

Fullforward

Last edited:

PBP voter

SF hate protestants. We get it.

GDPR

Generally Ministers in the Church of Ireland aren't referred to a Priests. "Anglo-Catholicism"/Anglican Ritualism has had very little effect on it. Anyway it is sad that he felt he had to keep his Faith quiet during his Political career.

Devil Eire

There's a few contradictions in that piece. First he is to be a priest, then he is to be a Church of Ireland minister. Which is it? Then it mentions him slipping out of the Dáil for holy communion. The reporter would want to do better than that.

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
[video=youtube;lu3VTngm1F0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu3VTngm1F0[/video]

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

former wesleyan

Keep the sermons short and snappy Trev. Think of the children.

44percent

That is hilarious. I would have had time for the Greens; have to walk quickly past this episode though.

wombat

Best of luck to him

Fullforward

Best of luck to him
I met him in Swords once and mentioned to him that it might be an idea to have a free lane or reduced price lane on the M50 ( Which was a car park at the time ) for cars carrying three or more people and he said there was no need to do that as there would be less cars on the road as there were fewer people working. And he was in Government at the time!

EoinMag

Anyway it is sad that he felt he had to keep his Faith quiet during his Political career.

Not at all, it shows that he took the job seriously and didn't let superstition lead him in that venture.

Fullforward

There's a few contradictions in that piece. First he is to be a priest, then he is to be a Church of Ireland minister. Which is it? Then it mentions him slipping out of the Dáil for holy communion. The reporter would want to do better than that.
From the report.........

"If his training goes to plan, Mr Sargent will first be ordained a deacon, and he could become a priest in the Church of Ireland soon after that."

devoutcapitalist

The high priest of the planet is now going to be preaching from the pulpit, best of luck to Sargeant when he is ordained.

devoutcapitalist

I noticed from the article that has remarried, I think he is divorced from the first wife ( I stand corrected) but does the COI allow divorced people to become Ministers?

Catalpast

Florence

He'll be adding his Church of Ireland stipend and perks to his ministerial and dail pensions.

Fullforward

I noticed from the article that has remarried, I think he is divorced from the first wife ( I stand corrected) but does the COI allow divorced people to become Ministers?
I always thought that the COI were ahead of the curb on such issues compared to the Catholic Church. Anyway, best of luck to him.

fat finger

Psalm 23:

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
He maketh me down to lie
In pastures green he leadeth me the quiet waters by

New Threads

Most Replies