• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Former Minister get 9.65 million in pensions each year

kkkkkkkkkk

The figures which were supplied in response to a parliamentary question to Sinn Féin TD Mary Lou McDonald, show that all but five of the 111 former ministers are entitled to pensions greater than the average annual salary of €40,775.

Many past office holders such as former taoiseach John Bruton, former tánaiste Michael McDowell, and Alan Dukes, the former finance minister, continue to draw down their State pensions, despite earning six- figure sums from current jobs.

Mr Bruton, chairman of the financial services body, IFSC Ireland, will receive a combined ministerial and TD pension of €154,044 this year.

Mr McDowell, the former Progressive Democrats leader and one of the country’s top barristers, will draw a pension of €112,382 in 2012 on top of his earnings from the Four Courts.

Mr Dukes, a former Fine Gael leader, is continuing to accept a State pension worth €100,645 this year, in addition to the €150,000 he receives as chairman of the former Anglo Irish Bank. Former minister Ray Burke, who was found by the planning tribunal to have received corrupt payments, has an annual pension of €110,943 from the State, while former EU commissioner Padraig Flynn, who was also deemed to be involved in planning corruption by the tribunal, gets an annual pension of €92,581.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/world/965m-annual-pensions-bill-for-former-ministers-213448.html

can you believe this
especially Ray Burke
getting this money
considering everything
we are a very ignorant people

Last edited:

B

Boggle

Dumb as bricks so we are.
Ah well... another cut to carers allowances will probably be needed to pay for these next year.

FakeViking

can you believe Ray Burke
getting this money
considering everything
As far as I can recall, Rambo's pension goes straight to his legal team.

(And I hasten to add this in no way makes it any more acceptable).

Rural

I don't know what to say, my disabled Brother and Sister are hanging by a thread and this goes on, we all know it's going on, but what do we do? Wait for the next election and vote in the same-old-same-old? What do we do?

Here's my thoughts on the matter.

[video=youtube;hKs-2dRVqak]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKs-2dRVqak[/video]

hammer

Average salary is €40,775.....................FFS.

We must be the most uncompetitive country in Europe

B

Boggle

Indeed , was that the same Mr McDowell was on marion recently talking about this recession had affected ''us all' , ogh the bastar..........
Well we know now why they won't tackle over-inflated pensions in lifesupport banks.

Ruff says Flaherty

Shur how else could one live without such a pension? Oh ya, like the rest of us, and those again who are even worse off.

gerhard dengler

Folks - are these pension amounts being reported in the main stream media outside of the Irish Examiner?

The defined benefit pension plan - aka The State - is broke.

No wonder the political classes won't move against bank pensions.
The same political classes are up to their necks in this scam.

elliebee

I don't know what to say, my disabled Brother and Sister are hanging by a thread and this goes on, we all know it's going on, but what do we do? Wait for the next election and vote in the same-old-same-old? What do we do?

Here's my thoughts on the matter.

[video=youtube;hKs-2dRVqak]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKs-2dRVqak[/video]
Because we are not out on the streets we are actually condoning these robbing gits!!

B

Boggle

We are not dumb, just powerless (at the moment) and of course, leaderless.

"Beware the rise people"
There is no social cohesion. Everybody looks at people struggling and assumes they deserve it for buying a home, having the wrong job, wearing the wrong clothes, having the wrong accent... whatever it is about the which they think makes them more worthy of suffering than others even though we are all basically the same.

I don't see it changing though and if it does I don't see it changing without some serious violence. Trouble is, last time we had a violent uprising they got rid of the old crowd and, instead of making it a better country for all, just assumed their positions and fed off the rest of us.
It always embarassed me to read about Irish history because we achieved nothing but somehow people still sing songs about it.

lying eyes

The figures which were supplied in response to a parliamentary question to Sinn Féin TD Mary Lou McDonald, show that all but five of the 111 former ministers are entitled to pensions greater than the average annual salary of €40,775.

Many past office holders such as former taoiseach John Bruton, former tánaiste Michael McDowell, and Alan Dukes, the former finance minister, continue to draw down their State pensions, despite earning six- figure sums from current jobs.

Mr Bruton, chairman of the financial services body, IFSC Ireland, will receive a combined ministerial and TD pension of €154,044 this year.

Mr McDowell, the former Progressive Democrats leader and one of the country’s top barristers, will draw a pension of €112,382 in 2012 on top of his earnings from the Four Courts.

Mr Dukes, a former Fine Gael leader, is continuing to accept a State pension worth €100,645 this year, in addition to the €150,000 he receives as chairman of the former Anglo Irish Bank. Former minister Ray Burke, who was found by the planning tribunal to have received corrupt payments, has an annual pension of €110,943 from the State, while former EU commissioner Padraig Flynn, who was also deemed to be involved in planning corruption by the tribunal, gets an annual pension of €92,581.

€9.65m annual pensions bill for former ministers | Irish Examiner

can you believe this
especially Ray Burke
getting this money
considering everything
Maybe this gives a clue why the bankeers pensions cannot be touched-looking after their own positions. There is not a law made by man that cannot be changed??????????

kkkkkkkkkk

Pretty important missing 's' in the title!
so lets have 50 posts about a missing 's' in the title
while the main issue is you being made a fool of
jeez we are some clowns in this country

ShoutingIsLeadership

so lets have 50 posts about a missing 's' in the title
while the main issue is you being made a fool of
jeez we are some clowns
If you choose to respond to my comment about a very important error in the title, thereby adding to the discussion about the 's', it is you who is causing there to be 50 posts about the error.

Now, who is the clown?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies