• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Former Prime Minister charged with corruption

Not here of course...

Former Israeli PM Ehud Olmert has been indicted on three charges of corrupt and/or fraudulent offences:

Mr Olmert is the first former prime minister in Israeli history to face criminal charges, the office said.
Mr Olmert's personal secretary, Shula Zaken, has also been charged with corruption.
One of the charges against Mr Olmert is that he accepted cash envelopes from US businessman Morris Talansky with sums amounting to hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Mr Olmert admits taking money, but insists the funds were legal donations to help his campaigns for re-election as mayor of Jerusalem and for the leadership of the Likud, his former party.
In the second case, Mr Olmert is accused of duplicating funding for his trips abroad.
Police have said they suspect the "considerable sums" that remained after the travel expenses were paid for were transferred by Mr Olmert to a special account his travel agency administered for him.
The third case involves alleged conflict of interest. Officials have alleged Mr Olmert arranged investment opportunities for a friend, Uri Messner, while he was industry minister.
BBC NEWS | Middle East | Former Israeli PM Olmert charged

Whereas if it had been here we'd have waited another decade before it'd be decided 'it was all a long time ago, not enough evidence', etc....

DCon

I doubt it is even a crime here as we expect our politicians to feather their own nests.

eoinod

Is he the pervert who tried to sexually assault young women or was that another top member of the Israeli government?
Here, we hardly have the right to criticise the integrity of another country's governments. We have given the FFers the second longest tenure in Europe. At least the Swede's had the cop to kick the Social Democrats out last election...

JCSkinner

Website
skinflicks.blogspot.com
I'm only asking. It's a fair question.
Furthermore, I think we do have the right to criticise the integrity of any country's government where there is suspicion or evidence of corruption, actually.
I didn't give FF anything, and even if I had, it still would not function to preclude me from asking hard questions about corrupt politicians elsewhere.

Dr Qasim Afridi

I'm only asking. It's a fair question.
Furthermore, I think we do have the right to criticise the integrity of any country's government where there is suspicion or evidence of corruption, actually.
I didn't give FF anything, and even if I had, it still would not function to preclude me from asking hard questions about corrupt politicians elsewhere.
I think it was the Israeli president JC...

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Israel president sex case delayed

yehbut_nobut

Mr Olmert admits taking money, but insists the funds were legal donations to help his campaigns for re-election as mayor of Jerusalem and for the leadership of the Likud, his former party.
זה היה התרומה הפוליטית לשימוש אישי שלי ;)*

*"it was a political donation for my personal use"

(thanks to online translator)

Rocky

I doubt it is even a crime here as we expect our politicians to feather their own nests.
Indeed, the Israeli's do seem to hold their politicans to a higher standards, although to be fair that isn't saying much.

On top of that you don't see them pissing around with tribunals either.

Ardillaun

Outrageous behaviour. Thank GOODNESS it would never happen here. I am sure the donations were completely above board and it is scurrilous to suggest otherwise.

Boy M5

General Urko

Sure our scum have expenses at such a level now (and undisclosed and unvouched 'expenses'), that they are immune from being corrupt! Sure isn't that the justification for such insane expenses!
I have a different view, hows about slashing their expenses to bits, drastically reducing their salaries and if any of the scum end up taking bribes etc. put them in G-wing if convicted, where they will become some cons bitch!petunia

timhorgan

Last edited:

timhorgan

Last edited:

Ardillaun

Seriously, does anyone believe that leaders in many other countries haven't done similar things? The point is they will never face a court.

timhorgan

The present Zionist terrorist regime in israel shares with the Nazi regime a prediliction for corruption and un-natural sexual practices-

Popular Threads

Most Replies